ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland @ Texas Game Thread

I got pulled away to do something for work but Texas' play calling looks a lot more aggressive under Herman so far.
Not that it wasn't expected.

I'm always amazed at the running yards Texas gives up with the talent they recruit particularly on DL.

the pageantry of us beating either of these teams will never wear off.

the pageantry of us beating either of these teams will never wear off.

I just had the realization that I am becoming a true Big 12 fan after 5 years because I am rooting just as hard against Texas as I am Maryland.

Exactly! And I've really enjoyed the Big 12- most specifically because they actually invited us to join.

Texas is playing real sloppy. Penalty forces the field goal attempt and then a block and return. That has kind of been the knock on Hermans teams at times.

Looks like Texas will be having a kicker tryout early next week.

Texas just looks bad. Tom Herman attention to detail?

Typical game for first year coach. Looks for them to come back and make him look like the savior.

Chip Brown's prediction of a playoff spot for Texas is in serious trouble already.

@Big12Tom statement about first year coaches has some merit. This one kind of reminds me of the Rich Rods first game against BC and the hype that went with it.

That Is about as perfect of a block and return as you are going to see.

Go Big 12

Longhorns gonna Longhorn.

Their team has always been a mirror image of their mascot, Bevo.

Large muscular individuals who show up on game days heavily sedated.

XUSdj.jpg

Reactions: Vernon and MoTownWV
Decision to go for it from the 4 yardline with so much time in the game reminds me of Dana's 1st couple of seasons here. Panic decision making.

I remember when Tom Herman was talking about losses has to feel bad for players. He was saying You have to create an environment where losing feels bad. Well it's a good thing they didn't redo the locker rooms to make the players feel better.

Longhorns gonna Longhorn.

Their team has always been a mirror image of their mascot, Bevo.

Large muscular individuals who show up on game days heavily sedated.

XUSdj.jpg

I have a feeling my eyes are going to look very similar to this by halftime tomorrow night!

I've always been in favor of going for two early like Texas just did. Especially in that situation because the lead was down to 10 so you have less to lose, keeping it at a TD and FG either way.

Texas making a comeback. What's funny is their offense has only scored once.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT