ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall wins Participation Trophy Bowl

I am not a fan of the Herd, but I am not sure why you want to disparage their bowl win on a WVU board. No, they did not beat Alabama, but I think I saw where that was their 6th bowl win in a row which is the current highest active streak. Also, I think our beloved Mountaineers will be damned lucky to win their "participation" bowl and, if you recall, got embarrassed in their last one.

I am not a fan of the Herd, but I am not sure why you want to disparage their bowl win on a WVU board. No, they did not beat Alabama, but I think I saw where that was their 6th bowl win in a row which is the current highest active streak. Also, I think our beloved Mountaineers will be damned lucky to win their "participation" bowl and, if you recall, got embarrassed in their last one.

I've also made my opinion clear about The Also-Ran Bowl in Dallas. I watched part of the Herds game and when I say "scraped" I do mean it, they almost lost it in the fourth quarter.

Yeah I know why watch the Bowls when I've a low opinion of them. It's football and I like watching football. Be nice to one day have a actual playoff similar to pro football.

Yeah and most folks see the Heart of Texas as a 'throw-away' bowl and not worthy of the Mountaineers and their fans. Well, Marshall won their game against Colorado State and took the short ride home in their glory. If WV fails to get the W in the 'throw-away' bowl.................their fans get to take the looooong ride home in their gloom, despair and agony on me. Ole, did I leave out 'deep dark depression and excessive misery'? Don't believe the Mountaineers have anything to worry about as they go about prepping for the Win agin Utah? You wrong for that! Warez

Reactions: DoogEER
Well don't forget playing in our version of the Participation Bowl means we still have a chance at...well nothing.

Yeah and most folks see the Heart of Texas as a 'throw-away' bowl and not worthy of the Mountaineers and their fans. Well, Marshall won their game against Colorado State and took the short ride home in their glory. If WV fails to get the W in the 'throw-away' bowl.................their fans get to take the looooong ride home in their gloom, despair and agony on me. Ole, did I leave out 'deep dark depression and excessive misery'? Don't believe the Mountaineers have anything to worry about as they go about prepping for the Win agin Utah? You wrong for that! Warez

My opinion of the Bowl does not affect my wanting The Mountaineers to win. Hopefully The Mountaineers and Holgrosen do not take Utah lightly.

I still believe there are far too many Bowl games.

So we're making fun of Marshall for winning their participation trophy Bowl, while we are likely to lose our participation trophy Bowl.

Seems logical.

Well don't forget playing in our version of the Participation Bowl means we still have a chance at...well nothing.

Sorry you feel that way. Don't watch the game. Simple case. Nothing gained, nothing lost! Me? I plan to watch the game dressed in old gold and blue. I will have my Chinese take-out (#42 delivered to the door) and the world will be in order. Warez

Last edited:
both Marshall and Duke players
(games i noticed recently)
played with
more desire and
have better players
and looked allot better,
than WVU is the Heart of Dallas Bowl...

i can't remember an WVU effort like WVU gave SINCE the Cignetti Teams...

i feel for the WVU players who actually tried and played in that piece of sht game...

it wasn't the DLine....Oline or coaches

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT