ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall so far ... early assessment

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Marshall is excellent at the alley-oop pass.
Herd also quick and elusive in penetrating inside the 3-point arc.
Based on what I saw when Wichita State double-teamed, and not nearly as effectively as Press Virginia, this could be an area where WVU can exploit Marshall. If they are that unsteady against a Wichita State backcourt press, the tenacious, unrelenting WVU press could unravel the Herd.

That's if they make it to the 2nd round. And WVU defeated Murray State.

We'll see.

I think Huggins might have Konate primed to intercept the alley-oops pass, much the way Sags two-hand blocks shots near the basket.

Again, we'll see.

So, Marshall looked pretty good....shooting, ball movement etc. Guess they won't have to use the "refs killed us excuse today". lol Good for a WV school!!
This team is a riser. Top nine scorers back next year.

Elmore is a star. Imagine Elmore playing at WVU with Jevon and Sags. National title.

Elmore is a star. Imagine Elmore playing at WVU with Jevon and Sags. National title.

He doesn't play for WVU. So quit pounding your meat over your dream girl.

What will you cry about when Carter and Miles shut him down?

I think Marshall will put up a tough fight. I expect a close game, Mountaineers by 5 points. [WVU]

We will have our hands full. Marshall when they sucked always gave us fits, now they’re in the tournament playing red hot, if we come out flat footed like we usually do against Marshall we will get rolled.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Surely a WV team with a player named Jarrod West won’t beat a Huggins-coached favorite in the second round of the NCAA tourney........ again.

Lgm!

Based on what I saw when Wichita State double-teamed, and not nearly as effectively as Press Virginia, this could be an area where WVU can exploit Marshall. If they are that unsteady against a Wichita State backcourt press, the tenacious, unrelenting WVU press could unravel the Herd.

QUOTE]

I guess all those years of being paid to know sports are still rattling around in my brains, huh? This is exactly what happened to Marshall. 19 turnovers, but it was worse than that. It affected Herd shooting. Hell, they were nervous as a long-tailed cat in a roomful of rockers just dribbling the ball.

A masterful job by the Mad Scientist on the stool and his pit bulls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT