ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall is a good matchup

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
Their best player is going to have to deal with Carter all game. It’s rare for a one man show to beat a Huggins coached team.

In other words, someone is going to have to have a huge game whose name isn’t Elmore.

I see a true freshman point guard who is relied on to play 35+ minutes a game....

About to get eaten alive by the nation’s best defender

Miles will take Elmore

This is similar to 2006, when 14-seeded Northwestern State upset 3rd-seeded Iowa in the First Round, then lost to sixth-seeded WVU in the Second Round. WVU will be able to advance to the Sweet 16 by beating 12th and 13th seeds, but it will get much tougher next weekend.

When Jevon plays the way he did against Murray State, there's no a player in the country, or team, that can survive him. Elmore is an excellent player, elusive, quick, driver, and shooter. No doubt about it. But so was Trae, #1 in the country in points, till Press Virginia showed that 5 players can beat 1 outstanding player any day. Hell, Jerry West lost the national title game with such a great performance that he is the only player on a losing title game team named MVP in March Madness history. It's a team game. You can't win it with 1 player. 1 outstanding player can be the difference but he can't out-do 5 good players. Every #1 player needs help from 2 through 12. It should be a fun game to watch. I want to see FOUR Big 12 teams in the Sweet Sixteen, the only conference to have 40% of its teams in March Madness' 16-team level if it happens. Then let the TOFU anti-Big 12 posters try to wiggle their way around that one.

The B1G is 5-1 in the NCAA Tournament, Conference-obsessed one. Wiggle around that.

I’m confused...... do they not count the same?

If we win tonight, are we going to a lesser Sweet 16?
A win is a win but to impy that carter is the best player in the nation when he is on his a game is ludicrious. I also referenced teams like Kansas and Villanova I wasn't talking about the Marshall game. He stated that no team or player could handle him.

Last edited:
Their best player is going to have to deal with Carter all game. It’s rare for a one man show to beat a Huggins coached team.

In other words, someone is going to have to have a huge game whose name isn’t Elmore.

Stephen F Austin had no issues beating a Huggins coached team with just one of their big men.

Doing it against murray state is one thing doing it against the Kansas Villanova's of the world is a whole different story.
No one, including me, is disputing that. But Jevon isn't national defensive player of the year by accident. He does it game after game. And no one in history has his career points, steals, rebounds, forced turnovers total. No one! And he's doing most of it in Big 12 play, which qualifies as the Kansas Villanovas of the world. Agree?

No one, including me, is disputing that

Really? Even you great one? I mean, if YOU say so then it must be. You have ordained it. Wow...you can't even comment with folks on the forum without making yourself out to be the all seeing "paid sports writer." I heard you even invented the internet...wait, no that was that former Senator from Tn.

Really? Even you great one? I mean, if YOU say so then it must be. You have ordained it. Wow...you can't even comment with folks on the forum without making yourself out to be the all seeing "paid sports writer." I heard you even invented the internet...wait, no that was that former Senator from Tn.
Lord, let it go man. Your obsession with CFE is getting dangerously unhealthy.

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER
No one, including me, is disputing that. But Jevon isn't national defensive player of the year by accident. He does it game after game. And no one in history has his career points, steals, rebounds, forced turnovers total. No one! And he's doing most of it in Big 12 play, which qualifies as the Kansas Villanovas of the world. Agree?
How many times did we beat Kansas this year?

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT