ADVERTISEMENT

Many positives from DH on XM-College Sports Nation

WVex-pat in GA

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2007
Ellijay, GA - High above the Coosawattee River
Just heard an interview with Coach Holgs on XM covering the Big12 Media Day. He gave me some hope for the defense this year, commenting that a more experienced group will be replacing the lost starters from last year. Most defensive starters for this year have playing time behind Karl J., Dillion, Henry, et al. They were Freshmen when they started, most of these new guys have time in the system, playing time behind the starters and are upper classmen. (But what about next year?)

Made positive comments about the OL saying it may be the best he's had since he has been here. This will give Skyler a "broader pocket" to work with, and should help to improve the QB play, according to DH. Also made some good comments about Skyler's improvements in the off-season as well.

He also spoke about getting guys to work out this summer, the depth that has been built in the program and the cohesiveness that he feels the team has now.

Maybe it's just me wanting football to start so badly, but it really made me feel good about the upcoming season.

Now if he just won't call for a QB end run on 4th and 2....

I understand your frustration with questionable calls but realize plays are sent in as a package of 5 plays. Howard reads the defense and chooses what he thinks is the best play of the 5. Sometimes he chooses wrong. Dana takes the blame .

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT