ADVERTISEMENT

Manning To Texas

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
Which Texas QB transfers out first?

No. 2 quarterback from the class of 2020 (Hudson Card), the top quarterback from the class of 2021 (Ohio State transfer Quinn Ewers), the No. 12 quarterback from the class of 2022 (Maalik Murphy).

All that talent at QB and they still can't win. Amazing.

4 head coaches since they played for the BCS title and lost to Alabama.

Brown
Strong
Herman
Sarkasian

The last three have combine for 53-46 record.

Mack Brown was 30-21 in his last 4 seasons at Texas.

Standing on sidelines doesn't always equal wins. Got to wonder if Neal Brown has figured that out this year.

The faux Texass fan is back to posting under his most obnoxious handle, so I look forward to his contribution to this thread, Allen. It's incredible as to how much money Texas wastes. No school has ever done less with more than Texass.

Which Texas QB transfers out first?

No. 2 quarterback from the class of 2020 (Hudson Card), the top quarterback from the class of 2021 (Ohio State transfer Quinn Ewers), the No. 12 quarterback from the class of 2022 (Maalik Murphy).

All that talent at QB and they still can't win. Amazing.
....they played absolutely no defense last season!

The faux Texass fan is back to posting under his most obnoxious handle, so I look forward to his contribution to this thread, Allen. It's incredible as to how much money Texas wastes. No school has ever done less with more than Texass.
Unless its Ohio State...one whole national title in the last 20 years...two decades of underachieving.

When are some of these blue chip players going to understand if you choose a competitive but non-blueblood program your going to secure the starting position for 3+ years, be the local hero, put massive film on tape, and rake in NIL... OR.... Choose a Bama, Texas, etc and likely transfer out after a year or two...

Malik Murphy or XYZwont have a chance, I would say at least 2 Texas Qbs transfer out...

I mean I understand "Competition sharpens skillset" but nothing sharpens more then 3+ years of live reps.. Its just a bit odd that players dont understand the basics of supply+demand...

Sorry to say but that's 1 more title than WVU has won in 131 years.
Ohio State won it all on 1/3/03, and again on 1/12/15, so another national title may not be too far away. This would be acceptable for any school, other than Saban's Alabama program. Texass would love to win a natty every 12 years, as the Pronghorns have won exactly one in 50+ years.

Ohio State won it all on 1/3/03, and again on 1/12/15, so another national title may not be too far away. This would be acceptable for any school, other than Saban's Alabama program. Texass would love to win a natty every 12 years, as the Pronghorns have won exactly one in 50+ years.
LMAO...its sad that suckeye wins is all you have in your life....pathetic.

While WVU's class is ranked 14th atm, the vast majority of blue chip talent dont commit until later on in the process, which is normal. Thats why OU is ranked 39th, Bama is ranked 40th, UF is 34th, Michigan 41st, LSU 42nd, Miami 43rd, TAMU 47th, etc...

When the majority of Blue chip talent start committing, a healthy number of bluebloods will very quickly leapfrog WVU and many others in the top 20 atm...

If WVU lands a few more 4 stars and/or maintains a high avg player rating with high 3 stars, we may be able to remain in the top 25 when all players have signed. Which would be a Fantastic job by the staff, considering our historical averages and how this staff has consistently improved recruiting every year(even without showing significant success on the field yet, hopefully is a sign that performance will improve too when that talent has time to develop and gain exp)... Granted we've lost a few quality signees to transferring, but in this day & age its likely inevitable moving forward.

While WVU's class is ranked 14th atm, the vast majority of blue chip talent dont commit until later on in the process, which is normal. Thats why OU is ranked 39th, Bama is ranked 40th, UF is 34th, Michigan 41st, LSU 42nd, Miami 43rd, TAMU 47th, etc...

When the majority of Blue chip talent start committing, a healthy number of bluebloods will very quickly leapfrog WVU and many others in the top 20 atm...

If WVU lands a few more 4 stars and/or maintains a high avg player rating with high 3 stars, we may be able to remain in the top 25 when all players have signed. Which would be a Fantastic job by the staff, considering our historical averages and how this staff has consistently improved recruiting every year(even without showing significant success on the field yet, hopefully is a sign that performance will improve too when that talent has time to develop and gain exp)... Granted we've lost a few quality signees to transferring, but in this day & age its likely inevitable moving forward.
Must be why WVU only stayed at 23 last season.

All these rankings are different on every site available including ESPN.

Go fight with your boy kenoteless.

It has everything to do with it as WVU now has more and this coach needs to do more with them.
Go **** yourself...we were talking about who has done less with more and you give me the recruiting numbers for WVU this year....had nothing to do with the convo.

If you can't keep up with what is going on, maybe you should take turdboys gimmick and retire.

You don't have to be a douche about things.

Go **** yourself...we were talking about who has done less with more and you give me the recruiting numbers for WVU this year....had nothing to do with the convo.

If you can't keep up with what is going on, maybe you should take turdboys gimmick and retire.

Thanks for your mature reply. I see Root, MH and Keno have finally trained you well.

Subject of thread changed because you changed it to a smack talking BS about Keno and his suck eyes. Do yourself a favor stay out of my threads and start your own threads attacking the Keno crew and the BS.

Thanks for your mature reply. I see Root, MH and Keno have finally trained you well.

Subject of thread changed because you changed it to a smack talking BS about Keno and his suck eyes. Do yourself a favor stay out of my threads and start your own threads attacking the Keno crew and the BS.
Don't put me in his canoe. I actually agree with you in this little dust up lol.

Must be why WVU only stayed at 23 last season.

All these rankings are different on every site available including ESPN.
I was destroyed when Justin Williams decommitted last year.... That kid was a under-valued 5 star talent at RB... If you watched his senior film, it was very "high-end"... Having him & Nicco in the backfield for the next few years would have been a thing of beauty.

Im actually a bit curious to see how well he does at Tennessee in a couple years...

Win some lose some....

Yeah, Im hoping we can land a few more >= 5.7 or >= 8700 players.... Players in the 8700-8890 range or 5.7, right on the edge of being a 4 star... Many of those are Blue Chip talent/upside, just a bit under rated cause of the state or HS they play in/for... I kinda look at them as "cornerstone" players too..

We have a couple TE and RB in this class, so Im curious who else we get for WR & OL.... Our Def is shaping up in this class, all we need is another Safety or two and an Edge rusher type..

Id like to see Justin Brown WR (seems to have good speed), but my top pick would be

Nathaniel Joseph​

But I dont we land him... Miami & Louisville are "hot"... Id really like to see WVU's offense get back to using Speed & Shiftiness as an edge... Plus, its just a blast to watch...

Trust me...since you can't stay on topic you don't have to worry about it...wouldn't want to **** up your impressive Teddy thread.

This is a prime example of why nobody likes you. You're truly a horrible poster. You belong on the Herd board.

Quotes from those that know and they know it's bad for college sports. Boosters rule the roost and it's illegal. Free cheating under the guise of NIL.

“You always stayed away from the boosters. Now, they are running it.”

“I bet Ron Meyer is rolling in his grave,” Bowden says. “I can hear him now: ‘I told them they’d legislate this thing! We were doing it the right way!’”

“We are exactly where we didn’t want to go,” MAC commissioner Jon Steinbrecher says. “That’s not name, image and likeness—that’s pay for play.”

“For really good players out of high school,” McKernan says, “you’re talking $100,000 a year.”

“Everybody wants to hide under the NIL umbrella. This isn’t NIL,” says Rick George, the Colorado athletic director. “As the leaders of the industry, we have to say, ‘This is not acceptable.’”

“NIL,” says Corey Staniscia, the external affairs director at the NIL deal-making platform Dreamfield, “it’s become a dirty, tarnished word already.”

“It’s the new arms race,” he says. “It’s gone from coaching salaries to facilities and now it’s name, image and likeness.”

This is a prime example of why nobody likes you. You're truly a horrible poster. You belong on the Herd board.
This is a prime example of why everyone here considers you a complete dumbass hanging out on a board that you aren't even a fan of the team.

Go start your 33rd retirement you attention whore.

Did your momma raise you with that foul mouth or was she busy riding KingCoal and you saw it.
No...your mom and sister were saying those things when I was double plowing them doggystyle...

See...if you want to go that route we can...its up to you.

You got your turdboy like...good for you...that is what you were going for right?

Ahhh a Teddy lover. You know the ignore button. Use it.
BTW...your last 4 threads you started without me posting in them have a total of 18 replies...

YOU ARE KILLING IT on the free board....good work...looks like a lot of people are using the ignore button for your crap.

BTW...your last 4 threads you started without me posting in them have a total of 18 replies...

YOU ARE KILLING IT on the free board....good work...looks like a lot of people are using the ignore button for your crap.
Oh my booo hooo hoo, I'm so broken up about it boo hoo hoo.

What a dumbass.

Reactions: MichiganHerd
No...your mom and sister were saying those things when I was double plowing them doggystyle...

See...if you want to go that route we can...its up to you.

You got your turdboy like...good for you...that is what you were going for right?
If you're into a 94 old woman and her daughter of 64 then by all means have at it. One sick dude you are.

It's a shame WVU has fans like yourself. So despicable. You're an embarrassment to us all.

Reactions: MichiganHerd
If you're into a 94 old woman and her daughter of 64 then by all means have at it. One sick dude you are.

It's a shame WVU has fans like yourself. So despicable. You're an embarrassment to us all.
LMAO...oh no...mean words on a message board.

See your turdboy's new favorite...enjoy that.

Go create more threads that no one gives a shit about...turdboy is great at that...get him to help you.

LMAO!

Quotes from those that know and they know it's bad for college sports. Boosters rule the roost and it's illegal. Free cheating under the guise of NIL.

“You always stayed away from the boosters. Now, they are running it.”

“I bet Ron Meyer is rolling in his grave,” Bowden says. “I can hear him now: ‘I told them they’d legislate this thing! We were doing it the right way!’”

“We are exactly where we didn’t want to go,” MAC commissioner Jon Steinbrecher says. “That’s not name, image and likeness—that’s pay for play.”

“For really good players out of high school,” McKernan says, “you’re talking $100,000 a year.”

“Everybody wants to hide under the NIL umbrella. This isn’t NIL,” says Rick George, the Colorado athletic director. “As the leaders of the industry, we have to say, ‘This is not acceptable.’”

“NIL,” says Corey Staniscia, the external affairs director at the NIL deal-making platform Dreamfield, “it’s become a dirty, tarnished word already.”

“It’s the new arms race,” he says. “It’s gone from coaching salaries to facilities and now it’s name, image and likeness.”
I dont disagree with you. IT is pay to play, but if you dont play we'll get left farther behind.

IF you are a 18 year kid who grew up dirt poor relying on your single mother working 3 jobs to support 3 kids, NIL is a major factor for you. To provide a little support while you(The man of the house) are away at school.

We all understand what NIL was hypothetically supposed to be, but we all knew what it would quickly devolve into. I dont have to like it, to seek for it to be leveraged for the betterment of our program.

Also, "What is Value"...... Current WVU players have received Ford vehicles from a WVU booster who owns a Ford dealership. All they do is take a picture or a quick video at the dealership and post on their social media. Technically thats marketing(actual NIL).... An SA can post 1 thing to their social media and make $100k+....

Thats capitalism.... Players receive compensation for perceived offered value. Value in this instance is multifactorial.

NIL is here to stay. NCAA is weak and should have made BIllion dollar video game makers give players a profit sharing. That is fair, that is actual NIL in practice, but NCAA has completely failed, EVERYONE.... The fans, the players, the institutions.. and the game we love.

The only thing they can do now is put restrictions on the transfer portal. Which I completely support.

I dont like what its doing, but if you dont adapt to this new world Allen, WVU will only widen its disadvantages and fans will be calling for new coaches every 2-3 years, when theres nothing the staffs can do to compete with NIL.

You have to put yourself in the shoes of most of these recruits/players. Even an extra $24k-$48k per year or perhaps a new vehicle, is life altering for themselves and their families. So it will likely outweigh personal relationships or staff quality....

Option1. I love the staff and university, but no NIL

Option2. I like the staff and university, AND I get $36k per year and a new vehicle for a few social media posts & pictures.

Vast majority of players will choose Option 2.

Its no different then you accepting a new job for higher salaries.... Its the same mindset....

People are largely driven by greed and monetary benefits. That is a fact of life. I dont disagree with your views, and I certainly agree transfer portal needs restrictions, but if WVU & Our boosters dont get on top of this and fully leverage strategic & efficient applications, we will only be left behind. We have to adapt...

Technically speaking, NCAA was breaking the law by not allowing players to make nil. So, how it is now, is how it should have been all along from a legality & NCAA policy perspective.

There is a way for WVU to reduce its wealth disadvantages, by using annual returns to pay for nil, instead of relying on yearly donations. Im going to deploy this model for myself, and perhaps after a few years Ill meet with someone at CRT to discuss them joining it. Im going to do what I can, Im doing my part, but my reach / impact is limited. Hopefully in 10 years I can pursue 10 players every year, but if I can get 2-3 starting in 2024, Ill be happy with that...

I think the most important thing, even for those who dont agree and will never donate to nil, is to donate to the MAC, buy season tickets, go to games, buy merch, buy streaming packages, watch games.... Small things that will show the strength of the fanbase. In a changing world, that could make a huge difference in the end if major landslides occur in a few years.

I dont disagree with you. IT is pay to play, but if you dont play we'll get left farther behind.

IF you are a 18 year kid who grew up dirt poor relying on your single mother working 3 jobs to support 3 kids, NIL is a major factor for you. To provide a little support while you(The man of the house) are away at school.

We all understand what NIL was hypothetically supposed to be, but we all knew what it would quickly devolve into. I dont have to like it, to seek for it to be leveraged for the betterment of our program.

Also, "What is Value"...... Current WVU players have received Ford vehicles from a WVU booster who owns a Ford dealership. All they do is take a picture or a quick video at the dealership and post on their social media. Technically thats marketing(actual NIL).... An SA can post 1 thing to their social media and make $100k+....

Thats capitalism.... Players receive compensation for perceived offered value. Value in this instance is multifactorial.

NIL is here to stay. NCAA is weak and should have made BIllion dollar video game makers give players a profit sharing. That is fair, that is actual NIL in practice, but NCAA has completely failed, EVERYONE.... The fans, the players, the institutions.. and the game we love.

The only thing they can do now is put restrictions on the transfer portal. Which I completely support.

I dont like what its doing, but if you dont adapt to this new world Allen, WVU will only widen its disadvantages and fans will be calling for new coaches every 2-3 years, when theres nothing the staffs can do to compete with NIL.

You have to put yourself in the shoes of most of these recruits/players. Even an extra $24k-$48k per year or perhaps a new vehicle, is life altering for themselves and their families. So it will likely outweigh personal relationships or staff quality....

Option1. I love the staff and university, but no NIL

Option2. I like the staff and university, AND I get $36k per year and a new vehicle for a few social media posts & pictures.

Vast majority of players will choose Option 2.

Its no different then you accepting a new job for higher salaries.... Its the same mindset....

People are largely driven by greed and monetary benefits. That is a fact of life. I dont disagree with your views, and I certainly agree transfer portal needs restrictions, but if WVU & Our boosters dont get on top of this and fully leverage strategic & efficient applications, we will only be left behind. We have to adapt...

Technically speaking, NCAA was breaking the law by not allowing players to make nil. So, how it is now, is how it should have been all along from a legality & NCAA policy perspective.

There is a way for WVU to reduce its wealth disadvantages, by using annual returns to pay for nil, instead of relying on yearly donations. Im going to deploy this model for myself, and perhaps after a few years Ill meet with someone at CRT to discuss them joining it. Im going to do what I can, Im doing my part, but my reach / impact is limited. Hopefully in 10 years I can pursue 10 players every year, but if I can get 2-3 starting in 2024, Ill be happy with that...

I think the most important thing, even for those who dont agree and will never donate to nil, is to donate to the MAC, buy season tickets, go to games, buy merch, buy streaming packages, watch games.... Small things that will show the strength of the fanbase. In a changing world, that could make a huge difference in the end if major landslides occur in a few years.
Bottom line is NIL is not being used as it was intended. Now who's breaking the law?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT