ADVERTISEMENT

Man, we got the D-List announcers and refs tonight.

I actually like the former guard from Baylor doing color. He has done the past two WVU games and gives strong opinions based on his experience. Don't necessarily agree with everything he says but it is refreshing. I'll take him over Fran Freschilla and his tired cliche's and "going to have to get a pepperoni roll" comments any day of the week.

• Angry
Reactions: tarponeer2003
No thanks. The number of times, just last night, that he referenced “never seeing anything like it ever before” came as a shock to me that he really hasn’t watched much basketball. He didn’t even know what the cylinder rule was when that particular call was made. He may not like the rule, but it was clear initially what happened. Unbelievable he didn’t see that.

I didn't hear anything on the cylinder rule. Did hear him say about not seeing a team get into the bonus before the first media time-out in the second half and thought it was a little overboard. As I said, I didn't agree with everything he said. But to offset that, I thought it was refreshing to be bold and make a stance on hard calls such as blocking and charging and give opinions. He isn't the greatest but again, I'll take him over Fran any day of the week.

I actually like the former guard from Baylor doing color. He has done the past two WVU games and gives strong opinions based on his experience. Don't necessarily agree with everything he says but it is refreshing. I'll take him over Fran Freschilla and his tired cliche's and "going to have to get a pepperoni roll" comments any day of the week.
I would prefer Fran as he is favorable to WVU. Unlike majority of Big 12 former players. But you do get honesty on play from former player.

Nothing wrong with liking pepperoni rolls.

I would prefer Fran as he is favorable to WVU. Unlike majority of Big 12 former players. But you do get honesty on play from former player.

Nothing wrong with liking pepperoni rolls.
I love pepperoni rolls and always have dating back to eating them at the old Lair prior to games at olf Mountaineer Field in the 70's. I have Country Club bakery rolls in my freezer and pull them out on special occassions in addition to making my own. But to hear Fran talk about them on every telecast is tiring to me.

I love pepperoni rolls and always have dating back to eating them at the old Lair prior to games at olf Mountaineer Field in the 70's. I have Country Club bakery rolls in my freezer and pull them out on special occassions in addition to making my own. But to hear Fran talk about them on every telecast is tiring to me.
I get it. Just like many got tired of Dick Vital especially after he became ACC games only. Tickle the twine baby.

Refs were crazy bad but I would say they leaned our way for sure. I would guess there were 10 questionable calls and we were on the positive end of 7. Considering how many times I’ve seen us get robbed, it’s nice to have one go our way.

Last edited:
He sucks almost as badly as RG, III does as a football analyst.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT