ADVERTISEMENT

M-Herd

westsiderSJHS77

All-Conference
Aug 9, 2008
I know Michigan is about on schedule for the year being so young. What are some of the positions they still need to fill in order to move up?
I know Harbaugh is getting some heat on sports radio, but with the lack of experience, he is coming along on schedule I think.

Coach,

Going into the season, the concerns were replacing 10 starters on defense, young inexperienced receivers, and my concern over the offensive line stepping up. Defensively, they're solid. Young, but pretty good, and can hold their own, and unfortunately, are counted on to win games, due to no offensive fire power. QB play has been horrible, to put it mildly. Peters was finally inserted into the lineup due to one QB being injured, and O'Korn being pathetic. Peters was doing a serviceable job, mostly by not turning the football over. Unfortunately, he was injured late in the 3rd quarter against Wisconsin, and likely won't compete in the game against Ohio State this weekend. That means O'Korn is back at the helm. If he performs the way he has been doing, then it will be a long day in Ann Arbor. If he goes down, I'm not sure who the hell they would put in at QB, as I doubt they would take a chance on playing Speight.

As for the young receivers, UM lost their best one, Tarik Black, who was injured early in the season, and is out for the year. Harbaugh has really only played Peoples-Jones, who seems to be pretty good, but again, there's no QBs to get them the ball. Harbaugh is red-shirting the other two young receivers.

The biggest issue (in my opinion) is that the offensive line is not tough enough, so that's where they must improve, if they're going to be competitive against the better teams. Right now, they hold their own against weaker competition, and fall flat on their faces against the good teams, which leads to their QBs getting hammered and injured.

I have yet to see them play this year, but knew they were very young. I have seen about 2 minutes of Ohio State play and with their roller coaster season, who knows what team will show up. This could be that signature win or just another teaching moment for such a young team. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT