ADVERTISEMENT

M Herd

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
wife and I playing in a couples best ball tournament tomorrow.....it's also our 34th anniversary....will the marriage survive a best ball event?.........how much longer till you can play?

Marriage should survive, as long as both parties can communicate effectively. Man understands Woman's 'pink' female way of putting things, while the Woman understands Man's 'blue' male way of putting things. For example, if it's taking her a long time to make a swing, you scream at her, and tell her to hurry the fvck up. Will she understand the 'blue' male way of what you actually meant by your words, which were actually, Honey, can you please hurry up a bit, and hit a really nice shot? On the flip side, when she catches you staring at another chick's ass, while she's bending over to pick her ball out of the cup, and she asks you, what the fvck are you looking at? You simply turn to her, and let her know that you were simply thinking how lucky you are to have a wife with a better ass than the 19 year old beauty queen picking her ball out of the hole.

As for me, I'm ready to play again, effective today. However, now that I'm ready to play, the weather is shitty. Looks like it will be good enough on Saturday, with Sunday being low 60's and sunny.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
Marriage should survive, as long as both parties can communicate effectively. Man understands Woman's 'pink' female way of putting things, while the Woman understands Man's 'blue' male way of putting things. For example, if it's taking her a long time to make a swing, you scream at her, and tell her to hurry the fvck up. Will she understand the 'blue' male way of what you actually meant by your words, which were actually, Honey, can you please hurry up a bit, and hit a really nice shot? On the flip side, when she catches you staring at another chick's ass, while she's bending over to pick her ball out of the cup, and she asks you, what the fvck are you looking at? You simply turn to her, and let her know that you were simply thinking how lucky you are to have a wife with a better ass than the 19 year old beauty queen picking her ball out of the hole.

As for me, I'm ready to play again, effective today. However, now that I'm ready to play, the weather is shitty. Looks like it will be good enough on Saturday, with Sunday being low 60's and sunny.
we finished 3rd out of 13......finished 2 under par best ball, which doesn't sound great, but we hammed and egged it pretty good .. ......5 under won it and they could really play..being old I got to play one set up at 6200...that helped, plus she played REALLY well

That's a pretty good score for a mixed best ball. Me and my woman play in them, and typically scramble to play even on the front, and then the beers kick in, and we usually end up about 3 over. Everybody that plays in ours drinks pretty heavy, so sometimes 3 over is close to winning.

That's a pretty good score for a mixed best ball. Me and my woman play in them, and typically scramble to play even on the front, and then the beers kick in, and we usually end up about 3 over. Everybody that plays in ours drinks pretty heavy, so sometimes 3 over is close to winning.
I was in a hurry a little while ago.and forgot to tell you and revise my post..they changed the event to a captains choice....couldn't get enough folks to play best ball....sorry my bad....2 under still a good score the way they had course set up.....won 75 bucks each

I figured you probably were playing scramble. Unless you're playing best ball with a chick that's a low handicap, it's almost impossible to play under par, unless both of you get a bunch of birdies, preferably not on the same hole.

I figured you probably were playing scramble. Unless you're playing best ball with a chick that's a low handicap, it's almost impossible to play under par, unless both of you get a bunch of birdies, preferably not on the same hole.
yes....I meant to remove that from the original post but was on the way to dinner and forgot....she doesn't have a low handicap but, as you said previously, she still looks real good picking the ball out of the cup.......I think I may have to go driver shopping soon...not pleased

ADVERTISEMENT