ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville and Rick got what they deserved yesterday from NCAA TRUE or FALSE?

WVGeek

Sophomore
Sep 7, 2016
Follansbee, West Virginia
NCAA lays out punishment for Sex Party Scandal​
Louisville had self imposed a 2016 Post Season Ban, additionally the imposed a scholarship reduction. The NCAA didn't see that as enough, thus they added a 5 game ACC suspension on Coach P. They also levied a revenue share pay back to the ACC conference and maybe most or least important there are over 100 games that could be forfeit over the 4 years that they were playing players that were deemed ineligible due to the inducements (sex for signing). Those games could include the final four appearance in 2012. Finally Louisville is on 4 years of NCAA probation.
My question to this board is whether this is enough of a sanction for the violation. Ricky P., said that these sanctions were way overblown and completely unexpected. Louisville administrators are appealing the committee's sanctions and Louisville as an institution wants the penalty to fit the monetary amount exchanged between the prostitutes and the assistant basketball coach. I think that No Moral U is getting off pretty darned easy. No pun intended. It appears to me that again the NCAA as an administrating body is falling short in their duty to police member institutions. I am fully expecting UNC (Cheater Central U) to also get off relatively easy but that is a conversation for another day. What say you?

NCAA lays out punishment for Sex Party Scandal​
Louisville had self imposed a 2016 Post Season Ban, additionally the imposed a scholarship reduction. The NCAA didn't see that as enough, thus they added a 5 game ACC suspension on Coach P. They also levied a revenue share pay back to the ACC conference and maybe most or least important there are over 100 games that could be forfeit over the 4 years that they were playing players that were deemed ineligible due to the inducements (sex for signing). Those games could include the final four appearance in 2012. Finally Louisville is on 4 years of NCAA probation.
My question to this board is whether this is enough of a sanction for the violation. Ricky P., said that these sanctions were way overblown and completely unexpected. Louisville administrators are appealing the committee's sanctions and Louisville as an institution wants the penalty to fit the monetary amount exchanged between the prostitutes and the assistant basketball coach. I think that No Moral U is getting off pretty darned easy. No pun intended. It appears to me that again the NCAA as an administrating body is falling short in their duty to police member institutions. I am fully expecting UNC (Cheater Central U) to also get off relatively easy but that is a conversation for another day. What say you?
I see the UNC affair as much, much more onerous. They deserve to have their programs shut down for a period not less than three years--period. What they did was to cheapen college sports and the education, supposedly, associated. And, they did it willingly and knowingly. No acceptable excuse for such conduct. Most, if not all, involved directly have moved on, but those really in charge of the system remain and have not been punished adequately. The penalties must extend to Sir. Roy and his Boyz because he shared in the 'diploma gifts' just as did the football team. All should spend some time and ponder exactly the extent of the horrible nature of what they did. Credit for classes that did not exist that allowed players to remain eligible and get degrees without doing ANY work to get there. I care not that students other than athletes could and did also take these fluff courses. That, in itself, shows what a horrible state the University stooped to to provide degrees to folks who had no right to even be in the system if this was necessary for them to achieve qualifying marks. Think about it. This is fraud and graft at it highest. SHUT THEM DOWN.

I think the punishment pretty much fits. Louisville isn't the first school to get hookers for recruits, and they won't be the last.

I really don't see it as that big of a deal. They were sloppy enough to get caught though, and appealing the ruling makes them look petty.

So UL gets an NC and in exchange for a 1 year postseason ban and Pitino being suspended a few ACC games. Big deal. Can't wait to see what UNC gets for conduct that jeopardizes their accreditation in the name of bouncy ball sport victories.

Athletics and academics really do need to be considered separate entities at our Universities. Turn all D1 sports into club activities and you will see all of this scandal go away.

If you look at Louisville, they have not exactly had a banner couple of years. Yes they did win a NC in basketball, but does Beilein and Michigan get that now?

Anyway, 5 years back you had the Karen Cyphers deal with Pitino.
Then Petrino gets hired back there after Stong goes to Texas. He was available because of a motor cycle ride with his gf that ended in a bad wreck and lost job at Pig Suey!

Then you got Louisville basketball using strippers, hookers, etc to recruit which goes on a lot of places but they are smart enough to use services that keep their mouth shut.
Then you got Lonnie Galloway with Play Gate from Wake's announcer.

I tell Ya that place is messed up. And Tom Jurich is the ringleader who makes the hires and rehires.

Reactions: WVGeek
Unless they win the appeal, that championship is out the window. Of course, with their very own Senator in Mitch McConnell, that is arguably the most powerful man in D.C., the NCAA is likely to be abolished by law before that banner comes down.

ADVERTISEMENT