ADVERTISEMENT

Losing Winston Wright is a major setback

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Losing the guy with the 688 receiving yards on the team is a major blow to WVU.
Wright led West Virginia this season in receptions, yards and touchdowns (63 , 688, 5).
He was also the main kick returner with 25 returns including a 98-yard return against Maryland and a 90-yard return for a touchdown against Long Island.
Why did he leave WVU? Georgia kid so maybe he wanted to play closer to family and friends?

Wright led West Virginia this season in receptions, yards and touchdowns (63 , 688, 5).
He was also the main kick returner with 25 returns including a 98-yard return against Maryland and a 90-yard return for a touchdown against Long Island.
Why did he leave WVU? Georgia kid so maybe he wanted to play closer to family and friends?
Mike Leach says you are not Grant Harrell....you did not win that game Winston. Go back to your fat little girlfriends (hint epic speach). Anyway, Wright leaving got a lot easier to deal with with Harrell coming in. He's a good player...but not great. I think he saw the fact Doege was leaving and there were going to be changes resulting in Prader and Ford-Wheaten & others being top tier targets. I don't think he wanted to be second fiddle as he looks for NFL ops. I also noticed against top defenses he was almost non-existent. You could say that about all of our receivers. It wasn't just the Oline they guys could get ZERO separation against decent defenses. We need a receiver or two from the portal with some height and bulk and we will be OK

First word Kaden Prather.
Second word Greene will love playing slot

Do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT