ADVERTISEMENT

Losing to a 6-6 OSU team beat us 3 maybe 4 times

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
It's amazing how Grier's 3rd quarter fumble set off so many ripple effects.

Lost that game. Lost momentum for OU game.

Basically forfeited automatic participation in Big 12 championship game (and all the money that goes with that)

And now no chance we beat Syracuse.

Thanks Obama.

No doubt he cost us the Oklahoma game. Lost by three, Grier gave them 14 points.

Replace “he” with “refs”.

That second play wouldn’t have happened if The fix wasnt in. That blocking out of bounds bullshit should’ve been a dead ball foul and we would’ve had the ball deep in their end. A whole different play would’ve been called and none of that would’ve happened and we would’ve won the game.

That being said, Will
needs to get better at throwing the ball away.

No chance to beat Syracuse? What are you smoking? It’s syracuse. Our 4th and 5th string receivers are better than their starters. This might come back to bite me in the ass but Jack Allison is better than anything Syracuse has at QB. Their defense isn’t anything special either. Every time they’ve gone up against a half decent offense they’ve been exposed.

Replace “he” with “refs”.

That second play wouldn’t have happened if The fix wasnt in. That blocking out of bounds bullshit should’ve been a dead ball foul and we would’ve had the ball deep in their end. A whole different play would’ve been called and none of that would’ve happened and we would’ve won the game.

That being said, Will
needs to get better at throwing the ball away.
Again, you don't know the rules, the foul was not a dead ball foul, it was a live ball foul. Penalty is from the spot.

Reactions: countryroads89
Watching the replay, I personally didn’t see a flag until after the TD. Again making it a dead ball foul genius.
In the rule book, the ref has total discretion of what a personal foul is. If you really watch the replay, once he continues the block, going across that 2 yard solid white line, the play is still going on. That makes it a live ball foul.

If the foul was during the run,it was, that makes it a live ball foul.

How many times of you seen a personal foul start as a legitimate block in the middle of the field that then ends in a brawl. Those are called dead ball fouls. The infraction happens after the play is over.

It might’ve started as a legitimate play during live ball time but it moved into something else after the play was over. That is what happened here.

Again, the rule that they used is clearly written in it does not appear to have any amount of discretion in it… Until it did. That call was bullshit and the fact it was never addressed as such by the big 12 makes it double bullshit

In the rule book, the ref has total discretion of what a personal foul is. If you really watch the replay, once he continues the block, going across that 2 yard solid white line, the play is still going on. That makes it a live ball foul.

The flag was called after the fact. If he felt it was egregious beyond the 2 yard white wine then you should’ve called it then, not after the touchdown was scored.

The flag was called after the fact. If he felt it was egregious beyond the 2 yard white wine then you should’ve called it then, not after the touchdown was scored.
No tD was scored. He went out on the three or two. A dead ball foul is after the ball is dead, the run was still going on when they went 5 yards OOB. Therefore, it's a live ball foul which is penalized from the spot of the foul. That's what a collegiate ref told me. if you watch the game replay, the ref looks to be throwing the flag while McKoy is on the 20 yard line or thereabouts. I still have the game, there's about 4-5 different replays.

Airport is correct. I know it sucks. It was a very costly penalty but, he was warned previously in the game. I don’t know if you could see it on tv, I was there, they stopped the whole game to warn Simmons and talk with both sidelines. It is a live ball foul, marked from the spot of the penalty.

The whole "only the playoff game" counts system is bad for sports.

That's not true, but there is a steep drop off from the playoffs and New Year's Day bowls to the rest. Kind of like the BCS bowls in the past. I bet you more vividly remember and look fondly back on the Sugar Bowl or Fiesta Bowl than the Continental Tire Bowl or Cactus Bowl.

Airport is correct. I know it sucks. It was a very costly penalty but, he was warned previously in the game. I don’t know if you could see it on tv, I was there, they stopped the whole game to warn Simmons and talk with both sidelines. It is a live ball foul, marked from the spot of the penalty.

I did not get a chance to watch that play live. I’m just going on the replay angles I saw.

ADVERTISEMENT