ADVERTISEMENT

Looking back has different impact

Abe sent his regards. Why don't we try talking WVU sports and leave out the personal attacks? It's so demeaning.

Why don't you stop the constant "look at me...look at me" I am really important and uber successful nonsense and maybe more folks would want to talk sports with you. Funny how I was doing sports in print and radio in Morgantown at the same time you claim to be a hall of fame level journalism warrior...and never heard of you. Odd. Hummm...You are such a desperate wanna be that you have become a festering boil for us who actually did work in the industry around the Mountaineers. This isn't a personal attack just a fact based observation. Tell Talmadgeer hello.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
To be fair, WVU did suck and people took notice. Spitt won some games and nobody even paid any attention, much less knew.

Nonetheless, winning some games with that pansy schedule is nothing to brag about. Even WVU, as bad as they were this year, would finish in the top 3 of the ACC, not just this year, but most likely every year. We can definitely say the same can't be said for Pitt if the shoes were reversed.

LOL at you thinking Pitt is anything special or will be. That's like finishing third in the Special Olympics and thinking you're ready to take on Carl Lewis or something. Too funny.

Did I ever say Pitt did anything special? Some of you guys are emotional train wrecks. @Rootmaster wouldn't be happy using Special Olympics while describing something or someone. Listen man, WVU sucked this year and Pitt won 7 games. Neither team set the world on fire.

Did I ever say Pitt did anything special? Some of you guys are emotional train wrecks. @Rootmaster wouldn't be happy using Special Olympics while describing something or someone. Listen man, WVU sucked this year and Pitt won 7 games. Neither team set the world on fire.
The post was not about this years record. It was which team is on the path to be relevant. Once again there is an obvious and correct answer.

And just how were the Mountaineers soft at the end of the year under bill? Exactly? True dana was awful in November...horrible...but bill?

Well, to be perfectly honest...you are kinda of right. Bill's teams weren't soft by years end because they were soft all year. Bill was the opposite of Rich for me. I liked Rich's teams but I could not stand him. I liked Bill but he I hated his teams. Rich could coach, Bill couldn't. Dana could not coach and I did not like him. He had nothing good going on as far as I was concerned.

Rich was a good coach and a terrible guy. Bill and Dana were never good coaches, but I could at least like Bill. Dana was bad at everything, including being a decent guy.

Luckily for WVU, Neal can coach and is a great guy - he is the opposite of everything Dana was.

The post was not about this years record. It was which team is on the path to be relevant. Once again there is an obvious and correct answer.

I answered question with the obvious answer. Lets do it again slowpoke. Pitt. You have to connect a lot of dots and assume WVU history won’t repeat itself to consider WVU consistently relevant. WVU is a top 30 to top 40 program. Same as Pitt. Any other analysis on the two programs is funny like a clown. WVU has never been, and will never be, a destination job. Not to be harsh but it’s Morgantown dude. In West Virginia. Relevant to me is a consistent top 10-12 program. There are 10-15 programs that can argue that they’re in that group. So to ask a solid football guy in California, Texas and Florida if they’ve ever considered WVU relevant regarding anything would cause you embarrassment.

Reactions: sword12
No, you didn't say Pitt did anything special; for the simple reason they haven't. My point still stands though, WVU dropped and people took notice while Pitt, who won more games, nobody even mentioned. The question was, who would more likely to become more relevant? How can a team who won more games and not even get a mention anywhere about anything be considered relevant or even getting closer to it? Matter of fact, when you go over to the Panty-Lair there are pages of posts, from the Spitt fans themselves (all 8 of them), about how irrelevant they are - no turnouts for their games, the lack of recruiting, how their coaches suck. Again, how can this be considered being closer to relevancy when your own fan base recognizes how far away you are?

The only person emotional about this topic is you, Greg. With any post mentioning Spitt, here you come with your tiny cap guns ablazin'. One would think that being as big a fan of Spitt as you are there would be a litany of GregJacobs posts on the Panty-Lair. Not a one. Nowhere. Yet, here you are, trying to troll every thread you possibly can and keeping the few of us who try to talk WVU sports from doing so.

Finally, I notice in your post to FallingRun that you list every possible negative you can about WVU but fail to mention the positives that make Spitt the better alternative. You constantly do this - trying to get your little digs in. So, the floor is yours now, Greg. Explain to us why Spitt is closer to relevancy than WVU?

WVU is going to get their chance to demolish Pitt and then kick them in the face.

Pretty much do what Oklahoma State did to them when they played.

They are on two different levels and this will become apparent when they play.

Pitt lost to BC and then Boston College fired their coach.
That alone means you are irrelevant

Who cares about Pitt...other than you with your obvious envy? The days of Pitt hating are long gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
So now the definition of soft for wvu football is a coach who had three nine win seasons...recruited the team that then won 10 games and orange bowl under the clueless and classless dana...and stepped into a bowl game against Oklahoma and smacked them around? If you truly believe that then you gotta to be on the short end of 15 or just plain stupid.lol

No one will convince me that Stewart wasn't just fine losing the Gator Bowl because it allowed Bowden to leave on a win. That's the softness that those teams had.

No, you didn't say Pitt did anything special; for the simple reason they haven't. My point still stands though, WVU dropped and people took notice while Pitt, who won more games, nobody even mentioned. The question was, who would more likely to become more relevant? How can a team who won more games and not even get a mention anywhere about anything be considered relevant or even getting closer to it? Matter of fact, when you go over to the Panty-Lair there are pages of posts, from the Spitt fans themselves (all 8 of them), about how irrelevant they are - no turnouts for their games, the lack of recruiting, how their coaches suck. Again, how can this be considered being closer to relevancy when your own fan base recognizes how far away you are?

The only person emotional about this topic is you, Greg. With any post mentioning Spitt, here you come with your tiny cap guns ablazin'. One would think that being as big a fan of Spitt as you are there would be a litany of GregJacobs posts on the Panty-Lair. Not a one. Nowhere. Yet, here you are, trying to troll every thread you possibly can and keeping the few of us who try to talk WVU sports from doing so.

Finally, I notice in your post to FallingRun that you list every possible negative you can about WVU but fail to mention the positives that make Spitt the better alternative. You constantly do this - trying to get your little digs in. So, the floor is yours now, Greg. Explain to us why Spitt is closer to relevancy than WVU?
gregor is known to disappear from threads when pressed to actually answer questions that he cant answer with words like puppet, string, and homer.

Last edited:
He is a horrible poster.

He pretty much thinks he can suffocate this message board with a narrative against WVU.
It is pretty sad and pathetic.

But he owns all of us according to him.
Most of the old men I have seen who play with puppets are child molesters and rumor is that Greggy is one as well.

Who the hell took notice of WVUs drop haha. Not many notice Big12 programs and even fewer notice WVU. No the question wasn’t more relevant. The question I replied to was “becoming” relevant. You guy are pathetic. WVU is what it is. 30-40 ranked program. Always was. Always will be.

I’ll need cliffs for the rest of you rant.

How sad....

WVU is superior to Pitt in everyway right now.
Pretty apparent to anyone who isn't a Pitt fan.

Who the hell took notice of WVUs drop haha. Not many notice Big12 programs and even fewer notice WVU. No the question wasn’t more relevant. The question I replied to was “becoming” relevant. You guy are pathetic. WVU is what it is. 30-40 ranked program. Always was. Always will be.

I’ll need cliffs for the rest of you rant.

Of course you'll need cliffs (sic). That's because there are some things that can be hidden on a message board like how much you make, what job you have, what cars you drive, and so on.
One thing you can't hide - your education level. You have, at best, a high school diploma. That's why someone like you needs "cliffs" (sic) when trying to understand someone who is your intellectual superior. You have no ability to refute a solid argument nor reason beyond the basic comprehension level. Your errors are not only from logic, they are from the lack of a proper education.

Go back, re-read it again, and respond with a better, more informed answer. Better yet, have someone more educated than you explain it to you. If you will like, as you have implied, I will try to make my posts easier for you to read and understand from here on out.

Why don't you stop the constant "look at me...look at me" I am really important and uber successful nonsense and maybe more folks would want to talk sports with you. Funny how I was doing sports in print and radio in Morgantown at the same time you claim to be a hall of fame level journalism warrior...and never heard of you. Odd. Hummm...You are such a desperate wanna be that you have become a festering boil for us who actually did work in the industry around the Mountaineers. This isn't a personal attack just a fact based observation. Tell Talmadgeer hello.
Well, Mickey is dead so you can't be him. I do miss his monthly phone calls right up to the time of his passing. I began with the alcoholic managing editor at the Dominion News, so Mickey took me under his wing because the drunk didn't come for hours after drinking his dinner. You weren't the ME, where you?
By the way, I founded and was made first chairman of the high school baseball all-state selection committee by Bill Evans. You weren't. You remember Bill, don't you? He used such big words that I had to use the dictionary to read his work, but he inspired me to be a sportswriter. And tried to hire me at the Fairmont Times but wanted to go elsewhere to start my journalism career so I subbed for Jim Van Zant while Jim was serving his country.

Last edited:
True. He's really sore about it. Can't really refute it either. All he can do is try to deflect.

I agree.

For him it is alright to be a Pitt homer but don't you ever be a WVU or he will call you out.

They celebrated a win over a Mickey Mouse University like they accomplished something.
That alone makes Pitt look like an absolute joke

Well, Mickey is dead so you can't be him. I do miss his monthly phone calls right up to the time of his passing. I began with the alcoholic managing editor at the Dominion News, so Mickey took me under his wing because the drunk didn't come for hours after drinking his dinner. You weren't the ME, where you?
By the way, I founded and was made first chairman of the high school all-star selection committee by Bill Evans. You weren't. You remember Bill, don't you? He used such big words that I had to use the dictionary to read his work, but he inspired me to be a sportswriter. And tried to hire me at the Fairmont Times but wanted to go elsewhere to start my journalism career so I subbed for Jim Van Zant while Jim was serving his country.

So....you were the one that...

saved the Dominion News
saved high school football in the state
saved the entire sports writing profession
and saved the nation?

Either that or you are a world class Google skater.

Still trying hard to find a way to slither out of the mud and be taken seriously. Wow.

Of course you'll need cliffs (sic). That's because there are some things that can be hidden on a message board like how much you make, what job you have, what cars you drive, and so on.
One thing you can't hide - your education level. You have, at best, a high school diploma. That's why someone like you needs "cliffs" (sic) when trying to understand someone who is your intellectual superior. You have no ability to refute a solid argument nor reason beyond the basic comprehension level. Your errors are not only from logic, they are from the lack of a proper education.

Go back, re-read it again, and respond with a better, more informed answer. Better yet, have someone more educated than you explain it to you. If you will like, as you have implied, I will try to make my posts easier for you to read and understand from here on out.

You’re confused. Cliffs are because I don’t waste my time reading emotional homer jibberish. Kinda like hitting the ignore on goofballs.

One of the lamest concessions I've ever gotten but a concession nonetheless. I'll take it. I figured it would come in around 1:30 or 2:00 a.m. when you folks in "finance" are just getting your second wind. What a farce.

Truthfully, I didn't expect you to put me on ignore yet. I expected more from you but you really aren't even fit to shine my shoes.

From here on out, I'll be referring to you as "Shoeshine". I'll probably shorten it down to "Shiner" or "Boots" because 1) that's about all your fit for - to lick and shine my boots- and 2) your limited reading capacity.

That is all. I'm sure it will catch on in due time.

One of the lamest concessions I've ever gotten but a concession nonetheless. I'll take it. I figured it would come in around 1:30 or 2:00 a.m. when you folks in "finance" are just getting your second wind. What a farce.

Truthfully, I didn't expect you to put me on ignore yet. I expected more from you but you really aren't even fit to shine my shoes.

From here on out, I'll be referring to you as "Shoeshine". I'll probably shorten it down to "Shiner" or "Boots" because 1) that's about all your fit for - to lick and shine my boots- and 2) your limited reading capacity.

That is all. I'm sure it will catch on in due time.

Triggered LOL. Weird as well.

You’ll get nothing but 1-8 word replies from me going forward until your tantrum ends.

PedoGreg is fun to kick around.

Should stick to playing with puppets though instead of telling everyone how his peanut size brain perceives sports

You’ll get nothing but 1-8 word replies from me going forward until your tantrum ends.

One to 8, huh? Well Boots, that's a step up. Will they form a cogent thought? I doubt it. But at least you're trying to improve your vocabulary and build on that limited education. Maybe in a month or so we'll be able to move on to pictures. You keep working little buddy. I know you've got it in you.

I don't want to leave you feeling sad by reminding you how really low you are and how much you have to go. It's the season after all. So, perk up! You're still the best shoeshine on this board!

One to 8, huh? Well Boots, that's a step up. Will they form a cogent thought? I doubt it. But at least you're trying to improve your vocabulary and build on that limited education. Maybe in a month or so we'll be able to move on to pictures. You keep working little buddy. I know you've got it in you.

I don't want to leave you feeling sad by reminding you how really low you are and how much you have to go. It's the season after all. So, perk up! You're still the best shoeshine on this board!

Huh?

Considering that assclown and cuckboy follow on your nutsack and have probably given you 1000 of your likes.....not sure what is so funny.

Actually you're HB like ratio checks out as well haha.

This has been a puppet show reunion haha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT