ADVERTISEMENT

Look what "bring your dog" and "home and home or none" gets you

old buzzard

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2005
AD Lyons talking about future WVU scheduling. Memorable quotes from the article -

........"one team has not been discussed"........."West Virginia has not played Marshall since the 2012 season and basketball since 2015"............."according to Lyons there have been no discussions on continuing either"......"the focus for now is trying to keep out-of-conference scheduling on those teams that generate interest from the fan base........."if they want to play we'll play them here but there hasn't been a lot of interest in that. "...........

Looks like WVU has bigger fish to fry by reviving true rivalries and Marshall is left to reap the rewards of their failed PR campains of the past.

https://westvirginia.rivals.com/news/lyons-speaks-scheduling

Read it and weep Herdiots, and don't forget to remind us how "skeert" we are.....

Last edited:
Read it and weep Herdiots, and don't forget to remind us how "skeert" we are.....
No sense in reminding you boys of being the cowardly lyons. I mean, based on your clips from the article, appears you're admitting it yourselves.

No sense in reminding you boys of being the cowardly lyons. I mean, based on your clips from the article, appears you're admitting it yourselves.

Keep on keeping up the same old "skeert" narrative. Did I not mention the fact that you would come back with that ? That's all you have being that you're 0-12 against us. Do yourself a favor and re-read the article, especially the part about restarting match ups with traditional rivals. Only in the eyes of Herdiots is WVU and Marshall considered a traditional rivalry.

Last edited:

But you do have that upcoming home and home series with Liberty..........yeah, little freaking Liberty. And the best part is that the one in Lynchburg is a cash game for Marshall.

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081617aab.html

Maybe they are paying you a half million dollars to be their homecoming victim. You're big time alright !

Last edited:
Liberty. HAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: 30CAT
WVU 41, Liberty 17 - 9-12-2015

I guess the Herd is following your lead in playing cupcakes since you boys are too coward to lace them up.

Yes, very hilarious. Making fun of the herd playing liberty, when you scheduled them two years ago. Difference being, you played them when they were fcs, while they'll be FBS when the herd plays them. Hell, they might even be a conference game by the time the herd plays there.

Exactly, We've told them that we're not coming to Morgantown without a return game ...just more disingenuous noise from the masters of hot air!

Yes, very hilarious. Making fun of the herd playing liberty, when you scheduled them two years ago. Difference being, you played them when they were fcs, while they'll be FBS when the herd plays them. Hell, they might even be a conference game by the time the herd plays there.

Hilarious that Marshall looks at Liberty as their new cash cow game.

So instead of WVU you get Liberty home and home. Congrats. You sure showed us!!

So instead of WVU you get Liberty home and home. Congrats. You sure showed us!!
Looks like we're in good company...Wake, Duke , UVA and Syracuse all playing the Flames in Lynchburg! I worry that your boys obsession with MU will detract the Mounties from preparation for VPI...hate to see the season go down the drain in the opening weekend!

I worry that your boys obsession with MU will detract the Mounties from preparation for VPI...hate to see the season go down the drain in the opening weekend!
I think you're onto something. Strange that the AD up there keeps mentioning little ole Marshall. Seems to be baiting the Herd to come to town. Can't seem to blame him though, due to one of their better football teams having to come up with a miraculous comeback to beat the Herd in H-Town a few years back. Not to mention, their hoops squad is 0 for the World in Huntington. Probably need to focus on the Hokies. Marshall seems to have moved on and forgotten all about the cousins.

I think you're onto something. Strange that the AD up there keeps mentioning little ole Marshall. Seems to be baiting the Herd to come to town. Can't seem to blame him though, due to one of their better football teams having to come up with a miraculous comeback to beat the Herd in H-Town a few years back. Not to mention, their hoops squad is 0 for the World in Huntington. Probably need to focus on the Hokies. Marshall seems to have moved on and forgotten all about the cousins.
Huggy knows the WVU record in Huntington and accordingly went ballistic when Danny issued the Doctrine! I don't see a Geno or Pat White on this year's WVU football squad either but the Cousins assure me that Grier is a great player ( so Great UF didn't lose any sleep when he bailed out). I too found it interesting that the AD up there can't get through a press conference without mentioning Marshall, then tells us his fan base has never heard of MU!

It's funny listening to Moo u fans tell WVU how to run an athletic dept. HAHAHAAHAHAA. That's like a skateboarder telling a NASA astronaut how to fly a spaceship. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Looks like we're in good company...Wake, Duke , UVA and Syracuse all playing the Flames in Lynchburg! I worry that your boys obsession with MU will detract the Mounties from preparation for VPI...hate to see the season go down the drain in the opening weekend!

They have a 2 for 1 deal with Syracuse and Duke, 3 for 1 with VPI, and a 4 for 2 deal with UVA. They understand that when beefing up the schedule they have to do it on the terms of the P-5's.........something Marshall administration and fans cannot comprehend.

They have a 2 for 1 deal with Syracuse and Duke, 3 for 1 with VPI, and a 4 for 2 deal with UVA. They understand that when beefing up the schedule they have to do it on the terms of the P-5's.........something Marshall administration and fans cannot comprehend.
Blah, Blah, Blah ...if you're scared just say you're scared instead of offering disingenuous excuse # 175.

When was the last time MVU beat WVU in anything. Been waiting for that answer for over a year now.

Huggy knows the WVU record in Huntington and accordingly went ballistic when Danny issued the Doctrine! I don't see a Geno or Pat White on this year's WVU football squad either but the Cousins assure me that Grier is a great player ( so Great UF didn't lose any sleep when he bailed out). I too found it interesting that the AD up there can't get through a press conference without mentioning Marshall, then tells us his fan base has never heard of MU!

Tony, I suppose I give you too much credit for your football acumen.
http://westvirginia.247sports.com/B...7A-D1-E8170817_125601WestVirginiaMountaineers

Hahahahahah...we'll get a chance to see Mr. Grier under fire soon! So far according to my football acumen he's never completed a pass for WVU but I hope he's the next combination of Pat White and Marc Bulger.

."the focus for now is trying to keep out-of-conference scheduling on those teams that generate interest from the fan base

Wow. Does that ever sum that up. Other than the hand full of marshall fans in Cabell County, the other 54.5 counties in the state and the rest of the country couldn't give a shit about marshall or any proposed game. Give the people what they want.

Hahahahahah...we'll get a chance to see Mr. Grier under fire soon! So far according to my football acumen he's never completed a pass for WVU but I hope he's the next combination of Pat White and Marc Bulger.
6-0 as a D1, Power 5, SEC starter. I'm quite sure UF doesn't run off 6-0 starters very often.

Wow. Does that ever sum that up. Other than the hand full of marshall fans in Cabell County, the other 54.5 counties in the state and the rest of the country couldn't give a shit about marshall or any proposed game. Give the people what they want.
...but the rest of the country does give a shit about WVU? Hahahahahahahaa

...but the rest of the country does give a shit about WVU? Hahahahahahahaa

Being as we are in a P-5 conference with 10 games against P-5 teams, you can safely assume that we are on the radar nationally, especially with a highly respected QB and a solid stable of RB's. Marshall with a head case at QB and one of the softest schedules in all of FBS........um, not so much notice from the press other than from the Herald Dispatch and WSAZ.

Who'd he beat as a starter?

I would imagine his back ups just sat back and learned from watching him. All the coaches and all the media says he's the real deal. I haven't seen him in person yet. I hope he lives up to the hype but I'm uncertain about any of his back ups handling the QB job if he would get hurt.

So you're comparing Marshall and it's home and home series with Liberty, to WVU's one and done scrimmage with Liberty?

Marshall regularly has one of the weakest schedules in the country, then locks in a home and home series with Liberty and you don't think that's worthy of being made fun of? Come on now.

It's very common for FBS schools (elite programs included) to schedule tuneups. For fans of a team who claim their team equal to a superior program, to try to explain away a home and home to a tuneup, is definitely hilarious.

It's very common for FBS schools (elite programs included) to schedule tuneups. For fans of a team who claim their team equal to a superior program, to try to explain away a home and home to a tuneup, is definitely hilarious.
You mean like that tuneup game you scheduled at Redskin Stadium against FCS James Madison? I still laugh at that one.

So you're comparing Marshall and it's home and home series with Liberty, to WVU's one and done scrimmage with Liberty?

Marshall regularly has one of the weakest schedules in the country, then locks in a home and home series with Liberty and you don't think that's worthy of being made fun of? Come on now.

With the exception of the NC State and Cincinnati games, the entire Marshall schedule is full of teams that P-5's consider tuneup games. And it's like that every year. For them to criticize anyone elses schedule is ridiculous.

My nephew attended Marshall for 5 years and never went to a single Marshall football game while hardly ever missing a WVU home game. When I asked him why he didn't go to Herd games he just grunted and said "They don't play anyone worth watching"

ADVERTISEMENT