ADVERTISEMENT

Look at who's grandson WVU football had in on a recruiting visit. Link. *

Friendly suggestion,

Plse do Not confuse HOF Membership and HOF ELIGIBILITY.

If you can't do the time, don't commit the crime.

Pete is NOT Eligible for MLB HOF,
no matter how much you wish to banter on a West Virginia msg board.

Doubtful, I'd want Pete visiting Morgantown and Doubtful I'd wish Pete be affiliated with WVU.

Pete is not eligible.
Pete signed agreement.
For somebody never responding again you sure do respond a lot.

Proof has been shown there are many known criminals in the hall of fame and also many that have been banned from baseball yet still in.

Keeping out Pete makes them look like hypocrites. Boot out the other criminals if you want to be clean or add another if you want to continue to tarnish baseball.

He signed an agreement on Aug. 24, 1989, accepting an indefinite suspension. Yet, when he signed the agreement, he was unaware the Hall of Fame would pass a rule two years later banning any player on MLB's ineligible list to be on the Hall of Fame ballot, whether dead or alive.

For somebody never responding again you sure do respond a lot.

Proof has been shown there are many known criminals in the hall of fame and also many that have been banned from baseball yet still in.

Keeping out Pete makes them look like hypocrites. Boot out the other criminals if you want to be clean or add another if you want to continue to tarnish baseball.

He signed an agreement on Aug. 24, 1989, accepting an indefinite suspension. Yet, when he signed the agreement, he was unaware the Hall of Fame would pass a rule two years later banning any player on MLB's ineligible list to be on the Hall of Fame ballot, whether dead or alive.
Sorry Pete

It's mind boggling that a person wishes to be HOF inductee - that this person would ever endanger this possible application.

Back to West Virginia,
I doubt anyone here wishes Pete is walking around Puskar. EVER.

SOMETIMES Stupidity can be measured.

Sorry Pete

It's mind boggling that a person wishes to be HOF inductee - that this person would ever endanger this possible application.

Back to West Virginia,
I doubt anyone here wishes Pete is walking around Puskar. EVER.

SOMETIMES Stupidity can be measured.
I guess this comes from someone claiming to have never committed a sin.

Pete Rose would be welcomed with thousands upon thousands of open arms if he were to show up in Morgantown or to anything WVU related.

You act like Rose did something to you personally, or his addiction affected you directly.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Look at it this way,
we'll attempt another summary -

It's a Felony to bet on baseball or Sports Events, on games that this person is directly responsible for.
Felony is punishable by Jail Time.

It's also illegal to bet on sports events in the state of Ohio, at that time.
Punishable by probation & Jail Time.

These illegal bets have to coordinated by illegal means, sometimes described as Racketeering.
Normally, the Mob involvement.

Not to mention - Bart Giamatti
commissioner passed shortly after - implying Pete had direct responsibility, and additional stress.

On a Stupid Scale, Pete was definitely Stupid, arrogance.

Also,
Pete appears to be on the Steroid mlb list.

Not Eligible for MLB.

There's more, but I'm bored and
Do Not plan on other responses.

Sounds like everyone is talking in circles. The point is that Pete Rose's performance across his baseball playing career is above the vast majority of the players already in the MLB hall of fame, especially in regards to his 4000 hits. He is not in the hall of fame because of his actions involving gambling on games which is against the rules and is a just consequence for his actions. That being said, as far as we know, what Pete did during his playing career was without any form of cheating. Therefore the fact that players who have records of cheating in order to obtain the playing career stats which got them into the hall of fame is a more egregious violation on principle than what Pete did. Ultimately from an ethical and logical, not bureaucratic who signed what legalese, standpoint either Pete needs to be in the HoF or some players already in or still eligible for consideration need to be placed on the permanent ban list right next to him.

Last edited:
Pete Rose would be welcomed with thousands upon thousands of open arms if he were to show up in Morgantown or to anything WVU related.

You act like Rose did something to you personally, or his addiction affected you directly.
You got to high on the
Stupid Scale to Dedicate
your whole life to be Inducted into
the MLB Hall of Fame
then "Fuk it Up" on multiple
major Law Infractions.

Doubtful -
Pete would be allowed in the
Puskar Ctr, Open Arms.

But you never know - but nobody, NOBODY is above the Law,
above the rules,
so to speak.

Even West Virginia Homies
are not the Same Stupid.

GOOD LUCK Pete,
as he tries to rehab is own self Image.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like Mofo is trying to rehab his self image and using Pete Rose as his deception deflection.
I think it was mofo's fault,
that Pete bet on baseball,
Over & Over, & Over Again.

4300 hits and not in the MLB HOF-
What a Fuk Up.

Pete signed the agreement, he's got to be a major
Fuk Up to agree to Life Time Ban.

Last edited:
As has been pointed out, for someone that said they were done replying you sure do reply a lot.

At this point, you're sounding like a child. And still acting as though Pete Rose did something to you personally.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Such a Tragedy.
Think, I'll cry myself to sleep.

West Virginia is not this stupid.

Pete is NOT in the HoF.

West Virginia dumped Holgerson, Doubtful Pete is allowed in Puskar.

Think it's mofo's fault
that Peteis that stupid.

Last edited:
Holgerson left on his own for more money.

What in your juvenile little mind would lead you to believe that Pete Rose wouldn't be allowed in the stadium?

Such a Tragedy, Pete's not in the hall.

Holgerson left because West Virginia was not going to extend his contract.

I guess we are moving to insulting phase.

Pete Rose needs to be in the Hall of Fame for his on-the-field exploits. He's the greatest hitter that has ever lived.

Pete Rose maybe should be kept out for his off-the-field exploits, at least for the time being.

No one can say that Pete Rose ever dogged a play or even took a play off that determined the outcome of any game he was in - as a coach or as a manager. They didn't call him "Charlie Hustle" for nothing.

That being written, probably the best answer is to allow Pete in - posthumously.

Maybe, you all should write Commissioner Rob Manfred.

Pete is not in the baseball HOF.

Wasting your time here.

Pete Rose needs to be in the Hall of Fame for his on-the-field exploits. He's the greatest hitter that has ever lived.

Pete Rose maybe should be kept out for his off-the-field exploits, at least for the time being.

No one can say that Pete Rose ever dogged a play or even took a play off that determined the outcome of any game he was in - as a coach or as a manager. They didn't call him "Charlie Hustle" for nothing.

That being written, probably the best answer is to allow Pete in - posthumously.
Yes,
the only way Pete is enshrined is Posthumously.

I have no idea how good his grandson is or if he'll come to WVU but I think it'd be great if he did. And if Grandpa Pete came to Motown I guarantee he'd be a big hit but I wouldn't count on that happening because he'll be 82 by the time his grandson even begins college (fall of 2023 apparently) and I've read Pete has had some health issues. I don't see him flying across the country to see a college football game (or baseball if grandson plays baseball) at WVU. But I guarantee he'll be watching on TV.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I have no idea how good his grandson is or if he'll come to WVU but I think it'd be great if he did. And if Grandpa Pete came to Motown I guarantee he'd be a big hit but I wouldn't count on that happening because he'll be 82 by the time his grandson even begins college (fall of 2023 apparently) and I've read Pete has had some health issues. I don't see him flying across the country to see a college football game (or baseball if grandson plays baseball) at WVU. But I guarantee he'll be watching on TV.
Pete lives in Las Vegas.

I guess, you neglected
to say where Pete lives.

Seems like
if you were attempting to rehabilitate your image, while attempting to to gain HOF Invitation you
wouldn't live in Los Vegas.

Last edited:
Pete lives in Los Vegas.

I guess, you neglected
to say where Pete lives.

Seems like
if you were attempting to rehabilitate your image, while attempting to to gain HOF Invitation you
wouldn't live in Los Vegas.
So you're saying it's illegal to gamble period even though he has nothing to do with baseball anymore.

The drunks, wife beaters, drug users, KKK members and game fixers are all in the hall. Your hatred and jealousy of Pete Rose is astounding. Did you lose a bet to him?

You got to high on the
Stupid Scale to Dedicate
your whole life to be Inducted into
the MLB Hall of Fame
then "Fuk it Up" on multiple
major Law Infractions.

Doubtful -
Pete would be allowed in the
Puskar Ctr, Open Arms.

But you never know - but nobody, NOBODY is above the Law,
above the rules,
so to speak.

Even West Virginia Homies
are not the Same Stupid.

GOOD LUCK Pete,
as he tries to rehab is own self Image.

We have a new CFE. Only an addled old man would find anything in the post a coherent thought.

So you're saying it's illegal to gamble period even though he has nothing to do with baseball anymore.

The drunks, wife beaters, drug users, KKK members and game fixers are all in the hall. Your hatred and jealousy of Pete Rose is astounding. Did you lose a bet to him?
Whatever you said, there.

It's not "Jealousy".

Pete is a criminal - that was Stupid enough to sign a lifetime agreement, no matter you all wish to Spuuu here.

Write Commissioner Manfred,
if you feel strongly
on behalf of grandson.

Not even a West Virginia msg board
can get Pete mlb Inducted.
Your wasting your time.

Sorry Grandpa Pete.

Pete even has West Virginia
Msg board lobbying.

Not a candidate,
not nominated,
not a MLB HOF Member,
Pete the MLB poster child.

Where is "Los Vegas "? Sounds like a vegan walking through a forest. 🤔
Las Vegas

Bugsy - spelling is optional.

Spelling/Grammar corrections doesn't stop Pete from being a degenerate gambler.

Last edited:

It's not "Jealousy".

Pete is a criminal - that was Stupid enough to sign a lifetime agreement, no matter you all wish to Spuuu here.

Write Commissioner Manfred,
if you feel strongly
on behalf of grandson.

Not even a West Virginia msg board
can get Pete mlb Inducted.
Your wasting your time.

Sorry Grandpa Pete.

Pete even has West Virginia
Msg board lobbying.

Not a candidate,
not nominated,
not a MLB HOF Member,
Pete the MLB poster child.

Are you really so deluded as to think what you just posted makes any sense? Try to at least make a structured sentence or a chain of thoughts that actual address the issues being discussed.

It's not "Jealousy".

Majority in the hall are criminals.

SI Artical:
Although gambling on a sport you play or coach is now considered unacceptable in nearly all levels of sport, it was relatively common among those connected with baseball in the early 20th century. Some of baseball’s most talented and well-known players, such as “Turkey” Mike Donlin and Hal Chase, as well as manager John McGraw, who publicly won $400 dollars when his New York Giants won the World Series in 1905, were often suspected of gambling on their own games. Chase was considered a dangerous man to have on a team because of his willingness to make extra money by dropping fly balls or misplaying first base.

In 2004, after years of repeated denials, Rose published My Prison Without Bars, in which he finally confessed to gambling on the Reds, though he added that had always bet on the Reds to win. Because of the lifetime ban, Rose cannot work in Major League Baseball and, despite his stellar playing career, he is not eligible for the Hall of Fame.

Do Not plan on other responses.

Crime and corruption exist in MLB yet you choose to only blame 1 guy.
Move on as you clearly stated that you will no longer reply in this thread

ADVERTISEMENT