ADVERTISEMENT

Look around and appreciate WVU more

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
#2 Clemson was tied, 7-7, with Boston College before pulling away in the 4th quarter.
#3 Oklahoma's defense gave up 523 yards to winless Baylor and survived by 8 points.
#4 Penn State beat Iowa by 2 points on the final play of the game.
#5 Southern Cal beat Cal by only 10 points. The same Trojans who had to go double overtime to beat Texas, not exactly a top 25 team.
#8 Michigan, even with Harbaugh coaching, punted on 5 of its first 7 drives and trailed at the half before beating Purdue, 28-10.

And yet WVU fans are bent out of shape because the Mountaineers had a heart-stopping battle with Kansas, WITH 7 DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OUT WITH INJURIES BEFORE THE GAME ENDED. With a defense that already lost 8 starters from the 2016 team. And won by 56-34, the widest margin of victory by any Big 12 team on Saturday.

Some people look for reasons to worry and have sleepless nights.

It's college football. Unpredictability is the common thread for every game.

And it won't stop till the season is over. So, enjoy WVU football, the best sports entertainment in the world in my opinion. The season will be over and then, other than Huggins' Press Virginia, we'll have nothing to look forward to except the 2018 WVU football season when the anguish will resume.

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot pretty but we’ll take it, over Kansas, 56-34

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E rectile dysfunction Iowa State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

It's good we won. But our defense has major problems. I hope getting back Long and a few others will help. But by game 4, it's questionable whether it's going to change.
Whether a few other teams had issues doesn't change the fact that our D has problems.

Reactions: GoWVU
It's good we won. But our defense has major problems. I hope getting back Long and a few others will help. But by game 4, it's questionable whether it's going to change.
Whether a few other teams had issues doesn't change the fact that our D has problems.
I agree. But it does show that it's par for the course in college football.

Wow Cuyahoga...how many threads are you going to start telling us how great you think this year's team is? lol. We get it...and that's without the red cap letters.

Wow Cuyahoga...how many threads are you going to start telling us how great you think this year's team is? lol. We get it...and that's without the red cap letters.
I will trumpet my alma mater till the day I die and maybe after that if Gabriel gives me a trumpet in Heaven, and if I AM in Heaven.

What's with this ire over red letters? It's the words and brilliance of thought and analysis that counts. Don't you know that you don't judge words or people by their color?

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia
Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N ot pretty but we’ll take it, over Kansas, 56-34

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E rectile dysfunction Iowa State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas