ADVERTISEMENT

LOL

There will be a super power league of 24 to 32 teams. They will recruit from the lower peons of the college football world taking 2nd year players that coaches worked hard to build up and rarely take a high school kid.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Players getting some money has nothing to do with popularity or interest in college sports. How would them making money like everyone else who can affect whether a game or games are entertaining?

Players getting some money has nothing to do with popularity or interest in college sports. How would them making money like everyone else who can affect whether a game or games are entertaining?
Yes it does. They are already getting a 100k education for free often despite not having the best grades coming out of high school. They play their game, skim their classes just enough to get by and move on when they want to. Meanwhile, other kids are struggling to pay their way through college. If I were one of them I would not even want to go to a football game to support the whining overly-pampered student athletes, and I can see that happening more and more in the days of "everyone wants inclusion". They are putting kids on a pedestal because they run fast or tackle well. Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of "normal" kids have to work their ass of to make their way through. Despite how much effort they put in to be good students and support their school, they get nothing but a large debt when they finish.

Its fkn backwards, flat out, and it will turn people away, and already is.

If a free 100k education and pathway to pro sports isnt enough, nothing ever will be. It wont stop here. You give an inch, they will take a mile. What is next? The government subsidizing NIL deals with tax payer dollars?

A big reason why people enjoy college sports is the players don't officially get paid. Now that they are getting endorsement deals takes some of the enjoyment out of watching.

The point is the NIL was not supposed to be like this. I mean Pitt is trying to find money to keep their WR from USC and whatever they come up with, USC will offer more. Pure insanity. These players even have agents now representing them.

What’s going on it’s not a coincidence. Look at the playoff of structure, it allowed the Blue Bloods (whatever the hell that means) to further distance themselves of the rest of the competition. It’s painfully obvious to have the champion of each P5 conference participate with At Large spots. But No…. Or at least not right now.

So over the past few years, the big boys had a chance to get bigger, and the rest are getting left further and further behind. The ACC is prime example when Clemson so far ahead from the second best team in the conference.
Clemson had a rare mediocre year by their standards, and the ACC leader had zero chance of playing the playoffs.

There are about 7 teams right now with a playoff chance and it’s May.

Since playoff expansion is on the horizon in the next few years, the Puppeteer that ruined college athletics, ESPN, will expand after about 3-4 years of good NIL money and paid players will further be separated from the rest of the field. In about 2 to 3 years this madness will be under control, but the big boys will already have established control.

Teams should start boycotting the NCAA immediately.

Why not just let d1 schools each have maybe 5 players that don't even bother with school and get paid to play, then put the rest back to normal. That way talent spreads around to where the open slots are.

Reactions: goldenEERS
OH how wrong you are. Money is driving the downfall. Driving the demise of lower level teams. Driving players to be paid mercenaries. No loyalty. No student athletes.

So when did Major League Baseball startto loose popularity?

Don’t strain your brain. It was when they struck for more money over and over. Millionaires fighting millionaires over TV money, while the regular folks who work for the stadium’s and support staff lost months of pay.

Why not just let d1 schools each have maybe 5 players that don't even bother with school and get paid to play, then put the rest back to normal. That way talent spreads around to where the open slots are.
I’m curious about the locker room. I can only imagine the are issues that are going to occur internally between teens and money. Oh there is little doubt that a player who is sitting behind a starter, and is challenging him for playing time, will only just bail out.

Not to mention the control they will have over the head coach. It’s going to be interesting to see a kid get pissed off, quit and take his millions, just to go to another university and get more money. It’s absolutely bizarre that this conversation is happening right now.

I’m curious about the locker room. I can only imagine the are issues that are going to occur internally between teens and money. Oh there is little doubt that a player who is sitting behind a starter, and is challenging him for playing time, will only just bail out.

Not to mention the control they will have over the head coach. It’s going to be interesting to see a kid get pissed off, quit and take his millions, just to go to another university and get more money. It’s absolutely bizarre that this conversation is happening right now.
That’s playing out in the basketball locker room at Miami.

Yes it does. They are already getting a 100k education for free often despite not having the best grades coming out of high school. They play their game, skim their classes just enough to get by and move on when they want to. Meanwhile, other kids are struggling to pay their way through college. If I were one of them I would not even want to go to a football game to support the whining overly-pampered student athletes, and I can see that happening more and more in the days of "everyone wants inclusion". They are putting kids on a pedestal because they run fast or tackle well. Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of "normal" kids have to work their ass of to make their way through. Despite how much effort they put in to be good students and support their school, they get nothing but a large debt when they finish.

Its fkn backwards, flat out, and it will turn people away, and already is.

If a free 100k education and pathway to pro sports isnt enough, nothing ever will be. It wont stop here. You give an inch, they will take a mile. What is next? The government subsidizing NIL deals with tax payer dollars?
And that same bunch of students want Brandon to forgive their student loan on the degree they got for gender studies and art history.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT