ADVERTISEMENT

Lol @ Baylor

Big 12 loses, bad for WVU.
Texas Tech lost, too.

Big 12 is 2-2 with WVU, Oklahoma and Texas on the line Friday.

Sure hope Big 12 is 5-2 after Friday games.

Baylor really fizzled at the end. Rico Gathers and Taurean Prince in each others face .... what a way for those seniors to go out.

Something "not good" happened to that team this year.

Had Baylor in my elite 8....What a complete failure for that squad in the Tourney. Props to Yale though, they out rebounded and out hustled

Upsets like this help fuel the confidence of the lower seeded teams. I can hear the SFA coach now - the Big 12 isn't that tough - if freaking Yale can beat Baylor we can beat these guys. In the end it may have little to no impact on the outcome but I would rather they come in scared of the Big 12.

Upsets like this help fuel the confidence of the lower seeded teams. I can hear the SFA coach now - the Big 12 isn't that tough - if freaking Yale can beat Baylor we can beat these guys. In the end it may have little to no impact on the outcome but I would rather they come in scared of the Big 12.

Or the SFA coach is thinking "damn, we lost by 42 to those clowns..."

Reactions: countryroads89
It does have a definite bearing on us. Big 12 has a reputation this year as best conference in the land. Big 12 did not fare well in NCAA last year and losing two games in opening round this year makes people think conference is over-rated. That is not good for fan or recruit perception.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
It does have a definite bearing on us. Big 12 has a reputation this year as best conference in the land. Big 12 did not fare well in NCAA last year and losing two games in opening round this year makes people think conference is over-rated. That is not good for fan or recruit perception.
And they were the best conference again this year, last seasons tourney did nothing to change that. Upsets happen, doesn't affect our recruiting if Baylor loses early!!

Upsets happen, but when a conference loses a significant number of "upset" or "even" games against teams from other conferences, it becomes rather foolish not to view that as a strong indication the conference is overrated.

The big 12 was most definitely overrated last year in both football and basketball. It was overrated this year in football. It's too soon to say about this year in basketball.

** And, before anyone embarrasses themselves by saying the tournament does not outweigh the regular season--- when success in the tournament is 1000 time more important than success in November and December OOC games -- just stop!

Upsets happen, but when a conference loses a significant number of "upset" or "even" games against teams from other conferences, it becomes rather foolish not to view that as a strong indication the conference is overrated.

The big 12 was most definitely overrated last year in both football and basketball. It was overrated this year in football. It's too soon to say about this year in basketball.

** And, before anyone embarrasses themselves by saying the tournament does not outweigh the regular season--- when success in the tournament is 1000 time more important than success in November and December OOC games -- just stop!
Over rated or not, how does that affect us? We aren't getting McDonald's all Americans as it is!! We will get the type of players we always get, nothing will change just cause Baylor chokes!!

May not get us McDonald's All-Americans but believe me it's good if potential recruits think about playing for a team that plays in a league regarded as best in the land.

May not get us McDonald's All-Americans but believe me it's good if potential recruits think about playing for a team that plays in a league regarded as best in the land.
And we will still be regarded best in the land, upsets happen every single year!! Big XII was clearly the best conference this year! The best team rarely wins it all, that doesn't mean the other teams were over rated in my opinion!!

The best teams from the best conference in the land shouldn't be falling to low seeds in the first round of the NCAA tourney if they are indeed the best.

The best teams from the best conference in the land shouldn't be falling to low seeds in the first round of the NCAA tourney if they are indeed the best.
And it hasn't happened to the big XII yet, Baylor and TTech are in the top!! Maybe the Pac 12 needs to be worried, but not us!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT