ADVERTISEMENT

Lock-step liars...not so much.

Walter Brennaneer

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The saga of Hillary Clinton’s email record continues.

In a press conference Tuesday Clinton explained that it was her practice to use a personal email and server for work during her time as Secretary of State. She cited the convenience of having just one account. Still, only half of the more than 62,000 work emails she sent and received from 2009 to 2013 were preserved.

Clinton also stated that her server held “communications from my husband and me." In a Wall Street Journal article that appeared just hours before the press conference a Bill Clinton's spokesperson said that the former president only sent two emails in his entire life. Yahoo Finance's AaronTask thinks this story raises many questions.

“Bill said that he has only sent two e-mails in his life. Hillary was saying a lot of e-mails were to her husband. So who sent those e-mails?â€

Yahoo Finance has reached out to the spokesperson cited in the Journal article for clarification.

These issues are sure to follow Hillary Clinton throughout a campaign, if she decides to run, says Task.

“I understand [the Clintons] wanted to have some privacy when it comes to their e-mails, but you're not everyone, you're the Secretary of State. That doesn't mean you can have your own e-mail service, which most people don't have… so it's definitely a problem for her and it's going to continue to be.â€

Lindsey Bell, Senior Analyst at S&P Capital IQ, thinks Clinton should have known better.

“She's a lawyer by trade. She should know the importance of archiving e-mails,†she says.

Task believes that Republicans will continue to dig into this topic.

“It's going to continue to be a story at least for the Republicans, because who knows what was in the other e-mail that she didn't hand over,†he adds.

Yahoo's Bianna Golodryga points out that this will likely tarnish Hillary's image.

“It also feeds into this narrative that that the Clintons, rules don't apply to them…and so I think that's going to dog her as well going forward,†she says.

Personal Investing Ideas & StrategiesHillary ClintonBill ClintonSecretary of State

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT