ADVERTISEMENT

Lib Professor: Warmbier got what he deserved

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
What is going on with all the liberal hatred these days? First Scalise and now Warmbier? How can she keep her job?

A professor at the University of Delaware has come under fire for arguing that Otto Warmbier, who passed away last week after being imprisoned by the North Korean government for over a year, deserved his fate because he was an affluent white male.

“Is it wrong of me to think that Otto Warmbier got exactly what he deserved?” University of Delaware Professor Katherine Dettwyler wrote on her Facebook page and in the comments section of a National Review article on the left’s reaction to Warmbier’s death. “He went to North Korea, for f*ck’s sake, and then acted like a spoiled, naive, arrogant US college student who had never had to face the consequences of his actions. I see him crying at his sentencing hearing and think ‘What did you expect?'”

otto-dettwyler-national-review-comment.jpg

otto-warmbier-facebook-comment.jpg

Dettwyler, a professor of anthropology at the university, made the posts on Wednesday, just two days following Warmbier’s death.

Warmbier was transferred back to the United States in a coma after having been detained by the regime for nearly 18 months. He passed away six days after his return to the United States. Several U.S. officials blamed North Korea for Warmbier’s death. “Countless innocent men and women have died at the hands of North Korea…, but the singular case of Otto Warmbier touches the American heart like no other,” said Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the U.N.

Dettwyler drew a parallel between Warmbier’s alleged stealing of a propaganda poster with “white males routinely [getting] away with raping women” in the United States. This comparison served as a suggestion that he had been conditioned to act recklessly by the society in which he grew up and that for the alleged crime of stealing a poster, Otto Warmbier deserved his fate.

Keep flipping over rocks looking for "news". If I could find enough people with too much time on their hands, I have zero doubt that in the millions of FB posts that I could find hundreds of right wing posts saying absolutely terrible things about BO, Dems, etc. We're talking FB and Yelp posts here smh.

Last edited:
Keep flipping over rocks looking for "news".

I am recognizing not the crazies on the streets but either DNC members or college professors. They are not supposed to be nuts. This lady is sad and her comments indefensible. Will the college do anything? Not on your life. Just like the prof who said we should just let white people die. The college will do nothing. Now, if this were a white prof saying we should let black people die, he would be gone in a New York second.

I am recognizing not the crazies on the streets but either DNC members or college professors. They are not supposed to be nuts. This lady is sad and her comments indefensible. Will the college do anything? Not on your life. Just like the prof who said we should just let white people die. The college will do nothing. Now, if this were a white prof saying we should let black people die, he would be gone in a New York second.
You don't know what the school will do. What is the penalty for having no sympathy for someone's plight? Loss of job? Actually the tour company is extremely irresponsible for even going into North Korea and encouraging drinking parties on top of that.

Why don't you quit worrying about words and look up who is actually committing hate crimes in America, all libs are evil and all conservatives are great, lmfao, I bet your parties are boring as **** all.

6237bc54f9b874f9c97a1b44264f21d0

You were saying????????

There are a lot of people that believe that. I don't believe women should be in combat roles. That doesn't make me a sexist, it does make me recognize that physical differences in terms of size, strength, speed, etc. exists. Now, if a woman can pass all the physical tests, not watered down, then I have no problem with it. But his position is no where near the positions of the libs I have posted about.

You don't know what the school will do. What is the penalty for having no sympathy for someone's plight? Loss of job? Actually the tour company is extremely irresponsible for even going into North Korea and encouraging drinking parties on top of that.

Businesses do that all the time. If an employ embarrasses the business with some outrageous actions, highly publicized, they get rid of them. It is bad for their brand and image.

There are a lot of people that believe that. I don't believe women should be in combat roles. That doesn't make me a sexist, it does make me recognize that physical differences in terms of size, strength, speed, etc. exists. Now, if a woman can pass all the physical tests, not watered down, then I have no problem with it. But his position is no where near the positions of the libs I have posted about.

So, you will "shoot anyone"?????? Did you even read the comment? Weren't you one of the ones blasting Democrats for saying things like "take the fight to the streets" a week or so ago??????

So, you will "shoot anyone"?????? Did you even read the comment? Weren't you one of the ones blasting Democrats for saying things like "take the fight to the streets" a week or so ago??????

No I was not. But if you want me to post more incendiary language from Dems just yesterday, I can.

Unlike libs, I have never blamed speech but rather the shooter. Libs and the media blasted Palin over the Giffords' shooting for her political map with bullseyes on it. Yet, when Scalise and others survived their assassination attempts by a Bernie supporter with very threatening Facebook posts, crickets from libs and the media about speech.

Keep flipping over rocks looking for "news". If I could find enough people with too much time on their hands, I have zero doubt that in the millions of FB posts that I could find hundreds of right wing posts saying absolutely terrible things about BO, Dems, etc. We're talking FB and Yelp posts here smh.

LOL why do you care so much? You keep commenting on everything WVPATX posts and then goes on to lecture him. You are clearly mad. It's hilarious to sit back and watch you act like you don't care as you continuously engage in the conversation lol.

Why don't you quit worrying about words and look up who is actually committing hate crimes in America, all libs are evil and all conservatives are great, lmfao, I bet your parties are boring as **** all.
Bernie supporters?

I didn't know if it was a research trip, or just for fun. And he stole a banner at his hotel?

I believe he was part of a tour group. Yes, he took a banner from his hotel room. Like any college aged kid, I am sure he thought it would be a great souvenir. Now he is dead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT