ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s be realistic

WVU80ate

All-Conference
Jun 10, 2003
Contrary to several of you fans, we do not suck. We are 15-3. Did anyone really believe the hype we were NC contenders. Outside of Carter and Ahmad, the roster isn’t exactly a plethora of talent. We’ve played well overall and lost to some really strong teams. Huggins gets the most out of his players. Unlike football, each individual game isn’t live or die. All we need to concentrate on is getting to the NCAA tournament. From there, it doesn’t matter how many games you lost or won in the regular season. I would rather stumble now than win all our games and get upset in the tournament.

Yep. People need to chill out a little.
Sorry, but tell me exactly why we shouldn't be extremely disappointed in the last two performances. We were not only in a position to win both games, we could have run both of those teams out the gym. Had we done so, we would likely have had our first #1 ranking in 60 years and I had a 2 game lead on winning the B12...not to mention further solidifying our spot as a #1 seed come March. And, what did we do??? We pissed down our leg...just like WVU has been prone to do right at the moment of us FINALLY reaching a pinnacle in sports. So, you guys that want to say "relax" etc can kiss my ass. I'm tired of choking at the moment we are about to achieve something very special. I'm tired of not maximizing our potential. I'm tired of excusing mediocrity or failure to maximize our potential.

Sorry, but tell me exactly why we shouldn't be extremely disappointed in the last two performances. We were not only in a position to win both games, we could have run both of those teams out the gym. Had we done so, we would likely have had our first #1 ranking in 60 years and I had a 2 game lead on winning the B12...not to mention further solidifying our spot as a #1 seed come March. And, what did we do??? We pissed down our leg...just like WVU has been prone to do right at the moment of us FINALLY reaching a pinnacle in sports. So, you guys that want to say "relax" etc can kiss my ass. I'm tired of choking at the moment we are about to achieve something very special. I'm tired of not maximizing our potential. I'm tired of excusing mediocrity or failure to maximize our potential.
Until WVU can get elite players, you’re likely going to be disappointed every year.

Reactions: dunnfad1
Go from a 2 game lead in the conference, getting some big separation from the rest of the conference, a number #1 ranking, a #1 seed and being recognized as one of the premier teams in the country

To

A logjam in the conference race, losing 2 straight to 2 of the best teams WVU has faced, dropping out of the top 10, to probably a 3-4 seed area at best, making a conference title so much harder to obtain

But yeah everyone needs to chill out

Reactions: Rootmaster
Go from a 2 game lead in the conference, getting some big separation from the rest of the conference, a number #1 ranking, a #1 seed and being recognized as one of the premier teams in the country

To

A logjam in the conference race, losing 2 straight to 2 of the best teams WVU has faced, dropping out of the top 10, to probably a 3-4 seed area at best, making a conference title so much harder to obtain

But yeah everyone needs to chill out
I understand your frustration, but do you really feel this is a #1 team? Do #1 teams have a fringe player on the “maybe he’ll get drafted in the NBA, maybe not” and nobody else that will? This is a good team, but let’s be realistic. Huggins is an amazing coach who gets the most out of marginal talent. It’s more likely we’ve played above our heads to this point.

Reactions: bfeld35
Until WVU can get elite players, you’re likely going to be disappointed every year.

Utter nonsense and bullshit. so everytime a WVU team dashes fan base hopes by collapsing in a game or two...we are supposed to say either the refs hate us or our players are just not good enough? Loser crap to use this elite player garbage. Excuses.

There are quite a number of good teams in college basketball every year. WV is a good college basketball team. Only one team can go thru March Madness and win the mythical National Championship. WV came close to the NC in 1959. This years team will make it to the Sweet Sixteen. Anything beyond that is .........gravy. They just don't have the good big man that it takes to push them over the top. Warez

Utter nonsense and bullshit. so everytime a WVU team dashes fan base hopes by collapsing in a game or two...we are supposed to say either the refs hate us or our players are just not good enough? Loser crap to use this elite player garbage. Excuses.
Considering WVU has been to 2 Final Fours since 1959, I think my statement is fairly accurate. Make no mistake, I want this team to win it all.

We play a ranked team every week the rest of the season. Some teams in the top 10 might have 1 or 2 all year. It wears on ya. We'll be better for it in the end.

We play a ranked team every week the rest of the season. Some teams in the top 10 might have 1 or 2 all year. It wears on ya. We'll be better for it in the end.

Then it is the same for the rest of the league lol. Of course using your logic there will be enough losses to keep everyone out of the top ten.

Then it is the same for the rest of the league lol. Of course using your logic there will be enough losses to keep everyone out of the top ten.
My logic is it's a long season and there is no league tougher than this one. I was comparing our league to others. For example, look at Michigan sts schedule. Try to keep up.

Hunteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeree...so if the team under achieves for the rest of the season you are all set with your excuse? So, again by your logic, blowing double digit leads in the second half of each loss this year was caused by....the league having parity? Get real.

Hunteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeree...so if the team under achieves for the rest of the season you are all set with your excuse? So, again by your logic, blowing double digit leads in the second half of each loss this year was caused by....the league having parity? Get real.
Or, maybe, this team has overachieved this year.

I will assume that you are the highest paid employee in your company since you set such a high bar for WVU. WVU is 15-3. How many Power 5 teams have better records?

WVU is 15-3. How many Power 5 teams have better records?

You know Cuyahoga I truly don't get you. Through the football season you kept telling everyone that the football team was a world beater and not many other teams were at that level. When they lost you pulled out the strength of conference excuse among a host of others. Now when someone says they were disappointed in the basketball team losing three games after holding large leads you start down the same excuse avenue. really? Just because some folks on this forum, and the other one you frequent under your other name, prefer to see strong performances and wins while getting frustrated with loses that are head scratching doesn't make them non fans. Maybe you enjoy looking at defeats and cheerfully handing out participation trophies...others don't.

tumblr_lpzo6yMVQU1qbxe3vo1_400.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT