ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of RBs and athletes as bad as offensive line.

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
I know everybody is trashing the all out of state stiff boy leftover offensive line but we don’t have good RBs running either. Leddie Brown is the best RB and didn’t play. He’s no superstar but he’s our best option. Sinkfield needs to get back healthy. He’s 2nd best RB. Pettaway and McCoy won’t get you far. They are not good enough. They will end up 3-4 string here next year and McCoy was beaten out by Brown and Sinkfield in preseason. Your not going to have a good running game with low level RBs like Pettaway and McCoy. McCoy is too light, thin and only gets yards when the hole is huge. Pettaway lacks big play ability and vision. I think both transfer out after this year cause Sinkfield will play over them once he gets healthy and Brown is the best and only real power 5 starter.

Sills is only real legit NFL WR actually. Jennings is slow and Simms is raw, inconsistent. Simmons wasn’t going to play much at Alabama. These 3 guys only look good against really bad defenses.

Pettaway and McCoy are hard to watch. Low level RBs at best. Conference USA caliber RBs. McCoy needs to switch to WR in offseason. He won’t play much at RB next year. Pettaway will be watching Brown, Sinkfield and incoming freshmen a lot from the bench next year. McCoy is too soft and lean. Skinny RB built lighter than a WR. Those 2 are glaring weakness on offense. Montgomery showed how bad they are last night. McCoy needs a huge hole to go anywhere. He is Conference USA or MAC level at best. He’s FCS level really.

McCoy and Pettaway never got better since freshmen year 2 years ago. Let me add that. They were low ceiling recruits. I see both transferring out after this year. McCoy already almost left in offseason as he saw Sinkfield passing him up and Leddie Brown coming on campus. I guarantee he’s gone after this year. Guarantee. The GA recruit will beat him out easy and he will be 4 string next year again. When Brown and Sinkfield are healthy he actually is 3-4 string. Too light and skinny to be a RB in the power 5. Not a big play speedster either. Sinkfield and Brown must stay healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT