ADVERTISEMENT

Knox News: 5 predictions WVU vs Tenn

I suspect our defensive strategy will be to stop the run and force both UT QBs to beat us with the pass.

I also think we'll be up by more than 10 during the start of the 4Q.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Vols are predicted by Vegas as a 5.5 win season. I would say this game will decide 5 wins or 6 wins. 5-7 if they lose 6-6 if they get lucky and win.

I must really be wearing my Old Gold & Blue colored glasses this summer. We have a top QB, a stable of RBs, one of the country's best receiving corps, and an experienced O-line. Teams will need to keep up with our offensive production this season. The possibility of only 5 or 6 wins boggles my mind?

Reactions: JWBinDC
I think he's off base about the 2:1 Tenn-WVU crowd size at the Belk Kickoff game. The ticket prices on the WVU side on StubHub are significantly more expensive than the Tenn side, if that means anything. And Motown being further away is irrelevant as Charlotte and the Carolinas have a huge number of WV transplants. We're coming up from Atlanta for it, and its 3.5 hours for us.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
I think he's off base about the 2:1 Tenn-WVU crowd size at the Belk Kickoff game. The ticket prices on the WVU side on StubHub are significantly more expensive than the Tenn side, if that means anything. And Motown being further away is irrelevant as Charlotte and the Carolinas have a huge number of WV transplants. We're coming up from Atlanta for it, and its 3.5 hours for us.

I guess you do not understand Tennessee fans.
They still filled Neyland Stadium 100,000 while going 0-8 in the SEC last year.
2:1 sounds right.

As a UT fan...it definitely won't be 2:1 UT fans. Last year UT outnumbered GT fans in Atlanta...but UT was coming off of a 9-4 season and a blow-out win over Nebraska in their bowl game. This year, UT is coming off the worst season in the history of the program, facing a team that is nearly a 2 td favorite. There may be slightly more UT fans there than WVU...but there certainly won't be twice as many.

As a UT fan...it definitely won't be 2:1 UT fans. Last year UT outnumbered GT fans in Atlanta...but UT was coming off of a 9-4 season and a blow-out win over Nebraska in their bowl game. This year, UT is coming off the worst season in the history of the program, facing a team that is nearly a 2 td favorite. There may be slightly more UT fans there than WVU...but there certainly won't be twice as many.

Untrue
Tennessee had 2 1 win seasons before
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tennessee_Volunteers_football_seasons

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT