ADVERTISEMENT

Kind of insulting

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
It’s like the B12 should just close shop since OU lost a game.

WVU, with their heads on straight, can play with anybody. Excited to see them do it for a whole game.

Reactions: locustwv
It is like this.

Ratings drive the CFP narrative.

There has been three eras of CFB in TV

Before 1990
1990-2010
2010- present

Texas has the top rated game in the first two eras.
Texas also has 2 of the Top 5 rated games in the first 2 eras

If ND loses to either Florida St or USC and Texas wins out Texas is in.

Texas
Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson

What would make ESPN cream their panties would be

Texas
ND
Alabama
Ohio State

Reactions: alpinisti
There will be no Big 12 team in the playoffs.

I don’t know about that ALLEN. WVU or Oklahoma run the table I think that team goes. Texas will need help because Maryland loss is hard to get by for committee.

Ohio St lost to a 6-6 Va Tech team and got in

Oklahoma lost to a 5-7 Texas team and got in

Clemson lost to Pittsburgh and got in

Oklahoma lost to Iowa St and got in.

Losses are unimportant.

I am not the smartest person in the world but I can see the writing on the wall sometimes.

ESPN does not want ND in the CFP.

ND doesn't have the audience many of you think but they do have loyal fans because of this ESPN wants their football rights to be a part of the ACC network.

If they can say that the 13th data point caused ND to miss the CFP then they can pressure the ND fanbase.

I am not the smartest person in the world but I can see the writing on the wall sometimes.

ESPN does not want ND in the CFP.

ND doesn't have the audience many of you think but they do have loyal fans because of this ESPN wants their football rights to be a part of the ACC network.

If they can say that the 13th data point caused ND to miss the CFP then they can pressure the ND fanbase.

That's laughable Notre Dame getting pressure to join ACC. ND does whatever ND wants and as long as their football program can leech off the ACC. That's NDs MO. they drained The Big East dry by using the football side of their athletics as the carrot.

I hate Notre Dame but I don't see ESPN being able to bully them into anything.

Reactions: RoanokeVAEer
That's laughable Notre Dame getting pressure to join ACC. ND does whatever ND wants and as long as their football program can leech off the ACC. That's NDs MO. they drained The Big East dry by using the football side of their athletics as the carrot.

I hate Notre Dame but I don't see ESPN being able to bully them into anything.

Why not?

ESPN now dictates who has a chance for the CFP.
ESPN is the reason why we even have a CFP. Once the bought out FOX from the BCS it has went all downhill.

Not playing favorites as they are both wrong but ESPN has the power right now

id rather drop all the disrespect talk, nothing will change the pundits viewpoint....WVU is all about not being respected, its what has fueled the fire the last few decades. We just need to win out and see what happens.

The Longhorns will bring the house when they play WV. I don't care about the loss to Maryland........the Longhorns are a formidable foe for each of their opponents. WV better bring their A game to beat the Longhorns. The Horns are a rich and storied program. No.....I ain't wrong. I played lonesome end for the Horns back in the late 60's. Warez

It is like this.

Ratings drive the CFP narrative.

There has been three eras of CFB in TV

Before 1990
1990-2010
2010- present

Texas has the top rated game in the first two eras.
Texas also has 2 of the Top 5 rated games in the first 2 eras

If ND loses to either Florida St or USC and Texas wins out Texas is in.

Texas
Alabama
Ohio State
Clemson

What would make ESPN cream their panties would be

Texas
ND
Alabama
Ohio State

First, nobody cares when Texass was good. That was too long ago.

Second, for Texass to get in, and they could, it would have to depend upon Georgia. If Georgia goes undefeated until the SEC championship game, then loses to Bama close, they get in over Texass. Texass can get in if Clemson slips up. Otherwise, Texass is out with a loss and either Clemson and/or Notre Dame going undefeated, even though Texass would have better wins than Clemson or possibly ND.

The most LIKELY scenario is this:

Bama
Georgia
OSU
Notre Dame

No B12 teams get in with a loss, nor does Clemson or ND. UT has the BEST chance based upon WHEN they lost, but an undefeated Clemson and/or ND would take their spot.

Ohio St lost to a 6-6 Va Tech team and got in

Oklahoma lost to a 5-7 Texas team and got in

Clemson lost to Pittsburgh and got in

Oklahoma lost to Iowa St and got in.

Losses are unimportant.

Wrong again. It's more important WHEN you lost (and what everyone else does).

Losing early benefits Texass if they win out. WVU losing to either UT or OU, takes them out of the running. The ONLY way WVU gets in is if they go undefeated and UT and/or OU don't have late season meltdowns and drop a couple of games.

Wrong again. It's more important WHEN you lost (and what everyone else does).

Losing early benefits Texass if they win out. WVU losing to either UT or OU, takes them out of the running. The ONLY way WVU gets in is if they go undefeated and UT and/or OU don't have late season meltdowns and drop a couple of games.

It's the Mountaineers you better worry about when it comes to a late season meltdown. I have been watching Mountaineer football for quite a spell and I notice that they always melt down after getting ranked. Say it ain't so..............Joe. Warez

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT