ADVERTISEMENT

Kid Rock releases KICKASS statement about working hard, Lefties FUME

DE9O9t2VYAA_DmU.jpg:small

So....is it just the fact that Trump supports him? Is that all a person has to do to warrant being elected to the US Senate for you?

So....is it just the fact that Trump supports him? Is that all a person has to do to warrant being elected to the US Senate for you?

I don't know. The left jumped on a guy that gave a good speech at a Democratic Convention and look where that led.

Only think I know about Kid Rock is that 1) He's spent his whole life in music and 2) He was in Joe Dirt.

I'm not sure why you're upset with it. It accurately represents what our society has become. The Liberals have been trotting out celebs for years to strengthen your causes, as if they are enlightened. You all wouldn't have had near the support you've been able to troll up without them. Now you act indignant that Kid Rock is running for Senate?

I'm personally appalled at the thought, but let's not act like the left is above it.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
You cannot be serious
I'm not sure why you're upset with it. It accurately represents what our society has become. The Liberals have been trotting out celebs for years to strengthen your causes, as if they are enlightened. You all wouldn't have had near the support you've been able to troll up without them. Now you act indignant that Kid Rock is running for Senate?

I'm personally appalled at the thought, but let's not act like the left is above it.
there is a difference between support and actually running for Senate. There's also a difference in an entertainer qualified to seek office, and one that is not. Reagan, AT LEAST, was a substantial activist in politics prior to running, but I still think it's crazy he was elected as Gov of California. Franken has the same type of activism in his past, but he also graduated with honors from Harvard and started his own PAC. Ventura was underwater demo in the Navy, but his winning Governor appalled me as well.

If Kid Rock had extensive activism and organizationin his past, or had achieved something in academics or the military, I might have a different view of him as a candidate for Senate. He does good charity work, but that's not as complex as political organization. Plus, I think his music lacks artistic vision and depth, most of his hits are basically covers, and I've read that he doesn't have the vast musical talent he claims to have. If he was a great musician, I'd still be appalled at his lack of political experience.

Is this a good representation of where our society is? Yes. Am I ok with that? No. I decided to take on debt and forego a career that was going very well very early to help do something about it in the classroom.

And let's not act like this was something started by the left --- Reagan. Also, why is it automatically ridiculous that someone from Hollywood shouldn't be taken as influential and intelligent --- whose acting indignant? Some entertainers are very intelligent, talented, and have solid backgrounds in political activism. John Stewart -- even Clint Eastwood would be figures that I think offer something when it comes to political insight.

The Republican bar is set pretty low, but I'd take Kid Rock over Louie Ghomert or Michelle Bachman, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT