ADVERTISEMENT

Kenneth Murray Jr.

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
Oh what could have been.

Why did you not recruit him? Big 12 defensive player of the year. Some coaches are just lazy recruiters.

Would love to hear the excuse when you ignore and abandon your schools natural recruiting zones, which we're hearing from this staff now that they did, and that kid is from the area that the previous staff loved and all he EVER WANTED was to play for WVU, I would love to hear the excuse. Car wouldnt start, dana had a cold, hes on his period he might attract sharks....

Reactions: Euell and WVUALLEN
WVU recruits nationally to be successful.

They have recruited more players from traditional areas like NJ, MD, PA, OH, FL than anywhere else during the previous staffs time.

But as with everywhere there are major schools in those areas IN STATE for those recruits to choose from.

Ever hear of Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland, FSU, Florida, Miami etc?

WVU has always had to pick up what quality they could in those areas and branch out much wider.

WVU recruits nationally to be successful.

They have recruited more players from traditional areas like NJ, MD, PA, OH, FL than anywhere else during the previous staffs time.

But as with everywhere there are major schools in those areas IN STATE for those recruits to choose from.

Ever hear of Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland, FSU, Florida, Miami etc?

WVU has always had to pick up what quality they could in those areas and branch out much wider.

What does that have to do with ignoring Murray Jr. whose uncle played on WVU team and still lives in Morgantown?

Reactions: Euell
Wtf is that post supposed to mean? Gee thanks for explaining wvu to me I guess was your worthless point? My point, since clearly some of your brain cells aren't working, is we do go to alot of areas to recruit because we csnt just go instate, duh, but we do have obvious areas were over the years well rotate and in a period of time the majority of our recruiting will come from. Our last staff abandoned that as much as they did the best instate kids, our current staff is now confirming that, which hurts us. This kid is a stud and straight up said all he ever wantsd was to play for WVU and he is from the part of the country that the last cast of idiots loved to recruit from, so I would just love to hear what their new excuse is for zero effort there. But thank you for teaching me about what those new schools are that I've never heard of before your post

Would love to hear the excuse when you ignore and abandon your schools natural recruiting zones, which we're hearing from this staff now that they did, and that kid is from the area that the previous staff loved and all he EVER WANTED was to play for WVU, I would love to hear the excuse. Car wouldnt start, dana had a cold, hes on his period he might attract sharks....

Dana never abandoned Maryland.
Dana would have recruited nothing but players from DMV if he could.
He felt like those were the best players to compete in this conference
Dana just felt that some areas like Georgia weren't recruited enough by WVU.

There is some revisionist history going on with Kenneth Murray.

He was going to Ole Miss but thought otherwise after the High Freeze debacle and ended up at OU.

May have had a family member who played at WVU but there were other factors in play here besides his uncle.

Called revisionist history.

Like Wright wanted to go to WVU but Dana showed no interest.

It is stupid.

Kenneth Murray wasn't going to go to WVU if Dana did everything he could to get him there.
Having an uncle who played there didn't change anything.

You can blame Dana all you want but he doesn't coach at WVU anymore.

You know why I know it is revisionist history.
Kenneth Murray never was a fan of WVU. When this first came out whoever put it out there said Kenneth Murray grew up dreaming of playing in Morgantown.
People around Ft Bend Elkins said that was a lie.

Truthfully you should be asking your LB coach and DC first and not Dana.

Because usually they make the decision on who to recruit and who not at their position

Truthfully you should be asking your LB coach and DC first and not Dana.

Because usually they make the decision on who to recruit and who not at their position

Oh so now it's the assistants and position coaches fault. Let me see. Whenever a recruit is missed before it was always Holgorsen fault. Now you tell me it's the position coach and DC fault.

I guess those comments are only used to fit in a certain situations and arguments.

[roll]

You are the one trying to place blame on Dana.

Like I said Murray was an Ole Miss recruit and would have went there if Hugh Freeze wasn't pushed out.
From what I have heard WVU no matter what wouldn't have been able to pull Murray.

But position coaches recruit their position.
The head coach doesn't recruit everyone. That is something done by the position coach and they usually make the decision on who to offer and who not to offer.

According to someone around FB Elkins Murray did receive an official offer from WVU.
Not all official offers are reported. Not all offers that are reported are official offers.

You are the one trying to place blame on Dana.

Like I said Murray was an Ole Miss recruit and would have went there if Hugh Freeze wasn't pushed out.
From what I have heard WVU no matter what wouldn't have been able to pull Murray.

But position coaches recruit their position.
The head coach doesn't recruit everyone. That is something done by the position coach and they usually make the decision on who to offer and who not to offer.

According to someone around FB Elkins Murray did receive an official offer from WVU.
Not all official offers are reported. Not all offers that are reported are official offers.

This is what I've been saying for years. Position coaches recruit their players. But no many on here and other boards want to blame the HC.

But not only does a position coach like to recruit his players but they do have an area to recruit. Not just positional players. They will tell the other position coaches to take a look. The recruiting of players go back to the HC for final approval I have been told on this board and others.

I'm getting 2 stories here from you and others.

Oh and what you're hearing on Murray is your opinion and yours only.

There is a lot of that on this message board.

What does Murray have to do with Neal Brown.

Cannot blame Dana forever.

The message that should be convey is that Neal Brown wants to go young and then in 2-3 years he will have players with a lot of experience all over the field.
To me that is the best way for WVU to compete for a conference championship.

Matt Campbell did something similar.
Most of his OL and DL have been starters for awhile and this is his year at Iowa State.

There is a lot of that on this message board.

What does Murray have to do with Neal Brown.

Cannot blame Dana forever.

The message that should be convey is that Neal Brown wants to go young and then in 2-3 years he will have players with a lot of experience all over the field.
To me that is the best way for WVU to compete for a conference championship.

Matt Campbell did something similar.
Most of his OL and DL have been starters for awhile and this is his year at Iowa State.

As did Matt Rhule.

As did Matt Rhule.

He didn't have a choice.
Majority of players left on their own or tried to get out of their LOI.

Rhule brought a level of practice that most P5 teams don't practice at.

Rhule did start over and went young and you see this season that it is helping.
Similar to Minnesota with PJ Fleck

He didn't have a choice.
Majority of players left on their own or tried to get out of their LOI.

Rhule brought a level of practice that most P5 teams don't practice at.

Rhule did start over and went young and you see this season that it is helping.
Similar to Minnesota with PJ Fleck

I made it clear I didn't want him to succeed. I hate Baylor is one reason. But he's done a good job. Playing a very weak OOC has given him 3 wins every year. He got ISU at the right time and WVU didn't. If he doesn't beef up his schedule it will hurt them if by chance they ever have a playoff chance.

Baylor still has TCU a team that's been up and down all year. Texas who also has been up and down this year with injuries. Then OU who has been dominate. I would count WVU but there are not enough experienced players left on the defense and the offense can't run the ball. The Baylor defense has been the best it's been in years.

They can't get to the playoffs until they start winning some big time recruitments.

Rhule last off-season started getting involve with some of the 7 on 7 coaches and personal trainers in Texas to start bringing in the Top 100 players.

I doubt they are thinking about the playoffs this year. They are thinking about a double digit win season and to prove they can be a school who gets players on TV and into the NFL.

The 2021 recruiting class is where to pay attention if Baylor actually can be an upper echelon team.

Baylor is beefing up that schedule.

They have Ole Miss in 2020 and BYU 2021 and 2022, Utah 2023, 2024 Auburn in 2025, 2026 Oregon in 2027, 2028

BYU to me is a P5 just as they consider Notre Dame a P5. They play a tough schedule every year of P5 teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT