ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas improved

No complaints from me. A win is a win. That's the 1 thing NFL has over college football. Don't matter how you win in the NFL as long as you win. But in college football where you don't have a true, pure format, everything is based on opinions and style points.

I'm not sure they've improved at all. WVU's defense missed one assignment after another or the game was a 40+ blowout. One of WVU's worst performances on defense in several years.

I couldn't agree more. The game was hard to watch knowing how bad Kansas is. Our defense made them look like a playoff team today.

I had to miss the game today, how did we give up 350 rushing yards? Were we getting pushed around by Kansas?

TCU and Tech are our next 2 games and they will light us up.
Yes, they pushed us around. Their starting RB had 280 yards rushing averaging 11 yards a carry. The final score is deceiving. We scored twice in the final 5 minutes. Kansas turned the ball over 4-5 times. One of them was a pick 6 for us.

Defensively, this was 2012 bad but, instead of giving up bomb after bomb in the air, we gave chunk after chunk of yardage on the ground.

Offensively, we went cold for a while.........again. Consistency is not a strong point right now. If there is not some major improvements during the bye, we're going to get WAXED by TCU.

Not trying to be negative in any way but, that's just the way I see it. I hope with everything I have that getting some of the guys back that didn't play today, will be a huge difference in October.

It's the story of Dana's tenure, we never get the right pieces together at once.

Would love to have seen our last 2-3 seasons with Grier.

We've had some good seasons of defense, it's down now. That's how it goes.

I bet we have a good win in us this season.

I don't think Kansas has really improved.

I think today was a combination of a few things on WVUs part
1. Defense missed assignments particularly vs the run game.
2. Defense had bad tackling.
3. Our offensive play calling was head scratching & questionable at times (see 2nd half). There were times we were forcing the pass too much. It was more Mike Leach Air Raid than Ground Game Dana Holgorsen. There's no rule that says you have to pass on every 1st down, especially when Crawford was running well behind Wellman.

Some of this is new starting personnel on defense. The ridiculous lull in the 3rd qtr could be a lack of intensity because you're up by 22 at the half. That should have got addressed when our D gave up 50 yds and 3 pts in about a minute to close out the 1st half.

Good thing there's a bye week to work on things.

I had to miss the game today, how did we give up 350 rushing yards? Were we getting pushed around by Kansas?

TCU and Tech are our next 2 games and they will light us up.

KU lit us up and we still won by 22 points. Seems to me others have to stop WVU offense as well. Watching OU struggle against a very bad BU team gives me hope.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Defensively, this was 2012 bad but, instead of giving up bomb after bomb in the air, we gave chunk after chunk of yardage on the ground.

Offensively, we went cold for a while.........again. Consistency is not a strong point right now. If there is not some major improvements during the bye, we're going to get WAXED by TCU.

Not trying to be negative in any way but, that's just the way I see it. I hope with everything I have that getting some of the guys back that didn't play today, will be a huge difference in October.

Haven't you heard? Anything other than positive, unbridled optimism is dissing the team. Realistic expectations or objective evaluation of what happens on the field be damned!

KU lit us up and we still won by 22 points. Seems to me others have to stop WVU offense as well. Watching OU struggle against a very bad BU team gives me hope.

I see it more as WVU needs to afraid of Baylor. Unlike Kansas, Baylor has some top talent left over from its scandal despite it's horrid start. WVU won that big because KU shot itself in the foot repeatedly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT