ADVERTISEMENT

Just Stand.

This country does indeed have problems - in fact major problems affect black neighborhoods - poor schools, no jobs, corner drug dealers, and racist cops in some places.
But as a Nation we've come together and attack these problems. Seems people who don't care for the President are fanning the flames and equating taking a knee
to protesting the President just BS IMHO.

I've not heard one player who's taken a knee come up with specific problems and offer any solutions. One of the biggest problems for blacks in this country has been
the number in jail and the lack of opportunities when they get out. The President has been examining solutions to this situation. I don't remember a President doing that
ever before. Jim Brown whose has given his life to working on black neighborhood problems is a supporter of the President.

Bottom line is NFL players have a platform which could be used for moving forward on the problems which concern them. To come to solutions it'll take a lot of folks - black and white - to work together. Taking a knew is an insult to many of these same people needed to reach solution. These players need to get to work in their cities and find solutions rather
than deliberately taking a position which is driving a wedge between important segments of society.

One thing they don't seem to be protesting is the economic system of this country which allows them to make millions of dollars playing a game. NFL players are selecting for their abilities NOT the color of their skins. That's how this country works. I might add that under our flag hundreds of thousands (nearly all white) dies in the Civil war fighting against
slavery.

Stand up and let's solve the problems. As for Nike - let drive the way of buggy whip manufacturers ( a distant memory) And let push for WVU to sever relations with Nike as soon as possible. I suggest that we don't need to make our equipment/uniform decisions solely based on money. Question - are there some things more important than money?

Good to see fans enjoying the season, LOL

omg-not-this-shit-again.jpg

Yeah, I agree! Henceforth, I will no longer purchase any Nike products. I considered ignoring the controversy; however, I guess there is just too much Marine Corps and conservative upbringing in me!
You do realize the whole take a knee idea came from a veteran in Nate Boyer, right?

Reactions: bamaEER
This country does indeed have problems - in fact major problems affect black neighborhoods - poor schools, no jobs, corner drug dealers, and racist cops in some places.
But as a Nation we've come together and attack these problems. Seems people who don't care for the President are fanning the flames and equating taking a knee

I've not heard one player who's taken a knee come up with specific problems and offer any solutions. One of the biggest problems for blacks in this country has been
the number in jail and the lack of opportunities when they get out. The President has been examining solutions to this situation. I don't remember a President doing that
ever before. Jim Brown whose has given his life to working on black neighborhood problems is a supporter of the President.

Bottom line is NFL players have a platform which could be used for moving forward on the problems which concern them. To come to solutions it'll take a lot of folks - black and white - to work together. Taking a knew is an insult to many of these same people needed to reach solution. These players need to get to work in their cities and find solutions rather
than deliberately taking a position which is driving a wedge between important segments of society.

One thing they don't seem to be protesting is the economic system of this country which allows them to make millions of dollars playing a game. NFL players are selecting for their abilities NOT the color of their skins. That's how this country works. I might add that under our flag hundreds of thousands (nearly all white) dies in the Civil war fighting against
slavery.

Stand up and let's solve the problems. As for Nike - let drive the way of buggy whip manufacturers ( a distant memory) And let push for WVU to sever relations with Nike as soon as possible. I suggest that we don't need to make our equipment/uniform decisions solely based on money. Question - are there some things more important than money?
Funny-Stop-Meme-Make-It-Stop-Picture.jpg

Reactions: JWG66 and burg_eer
You do realize the whole take a knee idea came from a veteran in Nate Boyer, right?

.....that was a compromise they came up with after he asked him to stand instead of pouting on the bench.

Since then he’s said, ‘Personally, I do not endorse Kaepernick’s method of protest but I absolutely support his right to do so.’

There’s more....but knowing the whole story isn’t all that important....right?

I agree he has the right too (if his bosses are going to allow it at work).

Reactions: michaelgpierce21
Oh please.......these posts about kneeling are getting absurd......and repetitive.......get over yourselves.......and worry about your "perfect" lives......

Reactions: burg_eer

slavery.

I'm bored waiting for football, so I'll take this step by step.

The problems you mention weren't a concern of the majority of America before the protests, and they won't be again if it ended. They actually slowed down by the end of last season until the President needed a rally cry to his base and the NFL decided to make some rules for it.

The statement that not a single player has done anything is asinine and puts your credibility in serious question. Malcom Jenkins has done an incredible amount of outreach work both nationally and locally. The players coalition has also been created in partnership with the NFL to work on just this. The fact you haven't probably even cared to look makes me wonder if you don't care to or don't agree.
The protests themselves are the best action because of the immediate reach they got, the first step to solving a problem is acknowledgement that there is one. Most of America had no idea they were being treated differently by police, even though they've been telling us this for years. The response more than strengthened the argument.

I do agree that it's going to take black and white people working together, I'm just positive it wouldn't have happened without public protest this large, and the majority of people just want it to go away because they are uncomfortable with the message or... you know.

WVU will never sever with Nike unless it's fiscally responsible to. They no doubt have teams of people who ran the test groups, forecasts, PR situations, etc. and came to the conclusion this was worth the risk. I agree with them.

There are some things more important than money. Not being killed by police simply for being black would be a top one, or simply profiled and harassed which the majority of white people will never experience in their lives. The amount of people who came here since this started with statistics that somehow justify racial profiling scare me. Try to imagine a family member being murdered by police for crimes people who looked like them committed in another state or region. How is this ok?

Just telling police (not all, I support police) to stop human nature of racial profiling isn't an easy feat, but it's not something we can ignore. It's also not something you're going to solve grassroots style town to town. A national wake up moment was needed, because the stories like Philando Castile and Botham Jean just yesterday hardly did anything. I also think to some extent they should continue because most people have their heads in the sand. Do I think it should be an anthem protest? No. Do I think anything else would have gotten the attention it did? No.

I'm bored waiting for football, so I'll take this step by step.

The problems you mention weren't a concern of the majority of America before the protests, and they won't be again if it ended. They actually slowed down by the end of last season until the President needed a rally cry to his base and the NFL decided to make some rules for it.

The statement that not a single player has done anything is asinine and puts your credibility in serious question. Malcom Jenkins has done an incredible amount of outreach work both nationally and locally. The players coalition has also been created in partnership with the NFL to work on just this. The fact you haven't probably even cared to look makes me wonder if you don't care to or don't agree.
The protests themselves are the best action because of the immediate reach they got, the first step to solving a problem is acknowledgement that there is one. Most of America had no idea they were being treated differently by police, even though they've been telling us this for years. The response more than strengthened the argument.

I do agree that it's going to take black and white people working together, I'm just positive it wouldn't have happened without public protest this large, and the majority of people just want it to go away because they are uncomfortable with the message or... you know.

WVU will never sever with Nike unless it's fiscally responsible to. They no doubt have teams of people who ran the test groups, forecasts, PR situations, etc. and came to the conclusion this was worth the risk. I agree with them.

There are some things more important than money. Not being killed by police simply for being black would be a top one, or simply profiled and harassed which the majority of white people will never experience in their lives. The amount of people who came here since this started with statistics that somehow justify racial profiling scare me. Try to imagine a family member being murdered by police for crimes people who looked like them committed in another state or region. How is this ok?

Just telling police (not all, I support police) to stop human nature of racial profiling isn't an easy feat, but it's not something we can ignore. It's also not something you're going to solve grassroots style town to town. A national wake up moment was needed, because the stories like Philando Castile and Botham Jean just yesterday hardly did anything. I also think to some extent they should continue because most people have their heads in the sand. Do I think it should be an anthem protest? No. Do I think anything else would have gotten the attention it did? No.

I believe more white people are killed by police than black people...but do please keep spreading the word.

I believe more white people are killed by police than black people...but do please keep spreading the word.
Who is killed at a higher rate when compared to population percentage?

Although some will counter that stat with a comparison to percentage of population involved with violent crime (for Dog).

Which can be countered by percentage of population below poverty line, living in troubled areas of high crime rates, etc....

Babies whining about how babies are whining about how babies are whining about how babies are whining about how babies are....

Who is killed at a higher rate when compared to population percentage?

Although some will counter that stat with a comparison to percentage of population involved with violent crime (for Dog).

Which can be countered by percentage of population below poverty line, living in troubled areas of high crime rates, etc....

Babies whining about how babies are whining about how babies are whining about how babies are whining about how babies are....
Or the stats on black on black crime and violence. No let’s not discuss any of those issues - let’s focus on what the media spoon feeds you - police and black incidents.

White people don't have to fear being killed just for being white. You're right if you count totals, but proportionate to population is completely different. Here are some helpful stats.
police%20killings%20by%20race.png

police_unarmed_victims.0.png

You kneel when you pray.

You kneel when you propose.

You kneel before royalty.

I can think of many other examples where kneeling is a sign of reverence. I’m sure you guys can too.

So when and why did you guys get it in your head that kneeling is disrespectful? Honest question.

Reactions: bamaEER
Or the stats on black on black crime and violence. No let’s not discuss any of those issues - let’s focus on what the media spoon feeds you - police and black incidents.
That’s not at all how I come to my opinions. I’m curious to know what, in your mind, Black on black crime stats have to do with fearing interaction with law enforcement?

Have no problem with our citizens rights to free speech. Just please don’t do it in a way that shows disrespect for those who fought to give us those rights. Anyway, I’m also sympathetic to those who are tired of these threads. Just wanted to do an ad for an entrepreneurial vet.

Vernon- can you take this one off the board? Would be fine with me.

White people don't have to fear being killed just for being white. You're right if you count totals, but proportionate to population is completely different. Here are some helpful stats.
police%20killings%20by%20race.png

police_unarmed_victims.0.png
Charts and graphs. Lies.

You kneel when you pray.

I can think of many other examples where kneeling is a sign of reverence. I’m sure you guys can too.

So when and why did you guys get it in your head that kneeling is disrespectful? Honest question.
Michael Bennett and Marshawn Lynch and countless others have sat on their asses. Shady McCoy did his stretches during the anthem. Colin was present at a California middle school game where he knelt while middle school age children laid on their backs. ALL of it is in opposition of standing, which I think you know. That’s a cop out question. Kneeling to pray and kneeling for our Anthem because you won’t “stand for that flag” (paraphrasing Colin) are not in the same galaxy.

Reactions: JWG66
Michael Bennett and Marshawn Lynch and countless others have sat on their asses. Shady McCoy did his stretches during the anthem. Colin was present at a California middle school game where he knelt while middle school age children laid on their backs. ALL of it is in opposition of standing, which I think you know. That’s a cop out question. Kneeling to pray and kneeling for our Anthem because you won’t “stand for that flag” (paraphrasing Colin) are not in the same galaxy.

Kneeling is kneeling. I’m just asking when did you guys decide that kneeling was disrespectful? Can you give me an example where kneeling is disrespectful?

You kneel when you pray.

This whole issue is melodrama. Nothing more.

Reactions: CpEER

slavery.

How many players have talked about the issues in the off season? None. They could make things happen in the off season.

Whine some more, pussy.

Kneeling is kneeling. I’m just asking when did you guys decide that kneeling was disrespectful? Can you give me an example where kneeling is disrespectful?

Yes, when the national anthem is played and everyone is supposed to STAND with their hand over their heart.

Yes, when the national anthem is played and everyone is supposed to STAND with their hand over their heart.

Exactly my point. You can’t think of another example. You got mad because someone told you to get mad. No other reason.

Who told you kneeling is just kneeling and isn't disrespectful?

Who told you kneeling is just kneeling and isn't disrespectful?

I just gave you three examples where it’s a sign of respect. Do you disagree with those? Can you provide a counter example?

I just gave you three examples where it’s a sign of respect. Do you disagree with those? Can you provide a counter example?
It is when it comes to the National Anthem

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT