ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Just spoke with JUCO DT

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Caught up with Miami (Okla.) Northeastern Oklahoma A&M J.C. defensive tackle Wiley Lester and it's safe to say that West Virginia is definitely high on his list after receiving an offer from the Mountaineers yesterday. He told me he's talked with his dad and even considered the possibility of ending his recruitment but he first wants to visit Morgantown in order to see the school and get a feel for how he fits into the program. He hopes to do that this spring and is working on a date right now. Lester is originally from Oklahoma but did not have the grades to qualify out of high school so he enrolled at NEO. He is currently 6-foot-6, 285-pounds and told me right now he is more of a run-stopper than pass rusher but safeties coach Matt Caponi is the lead recruiter here and has told him that the Mountaineers really like his film. Three schools have offered so far but the who's who in college football has been talking to him in recent weeks. He is a December graduate and will have three years to play two but I'll have a lot more in a story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.