ADVERTISEMENT

Just Once

Jgogo634

Freshman
Oct 3, 2015
Wouldn't it be nice to beat a highly ranked team on the road just once especially when we are in the spotlight on national TV

Even since Carter made the bonehead pass, we were schooled by Virginia. Just like last year, start out 7-0 and lose to LSU.

18 second half points for WVU. This game tonight really exposed how awful WVU's half court offense is. It is going to be another long season like last year.

Virginia made adjustments and dictated the flow of the game. I would not want to be in the locker room now. Practice tomorrow will be worse. We dribble the ball to much on offense. 2-17 from Carter and Miles. Ouch.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Let's Go Mountaineers.

If Carter was able to connect with Holton on the behind-the-back pass it may changed the outcome of the game for WVU. That was a momentum killer. We were still down by a few points at that particular point. Conversely, because of the mistake by Carter, it completely flipped the table on us and UVA was able to run away with it. We looked lost after Javon went to the bench. I really can't blame Huggins for sitting him the rest of the half, even though I probably would've brought him back in once UVA really started pulling away. Hopefully he learns from the mistake.

This team reminds me a lot of last years one. Great in the full court press and rebounding on both ends of the floor. We turn people over and convert their sloppiness into points. WVU is good, if not great, when we are in control or have a sizable lead where we can press and control the flow. Huggins system works wonders when the press is dictating the game to WVU's favor. However, once we start falling behind, all the sudden the jump shots stop seem going in, we start turning the ball over and go periods without scoring a basket. Not to mention we don't convert FT's when needed. This team just isn't built for comebacks of ten points or more.

UVA knew they could double Williams and take chances when he kicked out to our guards. They knew they could force Macon baseline and get him to pick up his dribble. Once UVA figured out how to deconstruct the Huggins' press and get it to their tempo it was pretty much all she wrote. The high-low play to Gill killed us all game.

It's still too early to tell with this team, but I can't really see us competing for a Big 12 title or getting past the Sweet 16 if we play the way we played tonight. I loved the first eighteen minutes, but the remaining twenty-two minutes is something I'd much rather forget about.

If Carter was able to connect with Holton on the behind-the-back pass it may changed the outcome of the game for WVU. That was a momentum killer. We were still down by a few points at that particular point. Conversely, because of the mistake by Carter, it completely flipped the table on us and UVA was able to run away with it. We looked lost after Javon went to the bench. I really can't blame Huggins for sitting him the rest of the half, even though I probably would've brought him back in once UVA really started pulling away. Hopefully he learns from the mistake.

This team reminds me a lot of last years one. Great in the full court press and rebounding on both ends of the floor. We turn people over and convert their sloppiness into points. WVU is good, if not great, when we are in control or have a sizable lead where we can press and control the flow. Huggins system works wonders when the press is dictating the game to WVU's favor. However, once we start falling behind, all the sudden the jump shots stop seem going in, we start turning the ball over and go periods without scoring a basket. Not to mention we don't convert FT's when needed. This team just isn't built for comebacks of ten points or more.

UVA knew they could double Williams and take chances when he kicked out to our guards. They knew they could force Macon baseline and get him to pick up his dribble. Once UVA figured out how to deconstruct the Huggins' press and get it to their tempo it was pretty much all she wrote. The high-low play to Gill killed us all game.

It's still too early to tell with this team, but I can't really see us competing for a Big 12 title or getting past the Sweet 16 if we play the way we played tonight. I loved the first eighteen minutes, but the remaining twenty-two minutes is something I'd much rather forget about.

I think WVU is better than what they showed. It really was astounding to see a team go from looking like no one in the country could touch them to all of a sudden looking like they weren't even good enough to win that game.

No, the problem I saw was the impression of a team playing too cocky and it bit them in the ass. The problems started way before Carter's stupid pass. They were chucking up 3's from way out and by some guys who had no business doing it. They became undisciplined and stopped trying to figure out UVA's defense, which had tightened up.
And as a result, I think it affected their defense because we saw the meaningful turnovers disappear as well and they were breaking us down way too easy after they got going. WVU mentally came apart for some reason once UVA got rolling. Really an incredible turn of events to watch. Really disappointed in the team and how they lost tonight.

Haha like last year? Since when is making a nice run in the tournament a bad year? I agree they need to win a higher profile game like this on the road or a neutral site. This team will get it figured out. Are they perfect, no. They need games where they are tested to see where they are. It's only December they'll improve.

Haha like last year? Since when is making a nice run in the tournament a bad year? I agree they need to win a higher profile game like this on the road or a neutral site. This team will get it figured out. Are they perfect, no. They need games where they are tested to see where they are. It's only December they'll improve.

You're talking about the team that got absolutely demolished by Kentucky. Getting demolished in the Sweet 16 is, imo, less than a "nice run."

I really don't care if we can swamp some teams and then fall apart against better teams. And let's not forget that we lost eight games against B12 opponents. Oklahoma turned the tables on us last year after being swamped in Morgantown. Do you really think they will forget what they did to flip the outcome against us. Press Virginia will be a known commodity in the B12 this year.

At best we'll be on the bubble for the Big Dance. That's my prediction.

I think WVU is better than what they showed. It really was astounding to see a team go from looking like no one in the country could touch them to all of a sudden looking like they weren't even good enough to win that game..

Uh .... I think this team is what they showed last night. And I think your observation of our teams' play is how the season will play out.

You're talking about the team that got absolutely demolished by Kentucky. Getting demolished in the Sweet 16 is, imo, less than a "nice run."

I really don't care if we can swamp some teams and then fall apart against better teams. And let's not forget that we lost eight games against B12 opponents. Oklahoma turned the tables on us last year after being swamped in Morgantown. Do you really think they will forget what they did to flip the outcome against us. Press Virginia will be a known commodity in the B12 this year.

At best we'll be on the bubble for the Big Dance. That's my prediction.

Considering how young that team was last year and what was expected, being a top 20 team and making it to the sweet 16 is a major accomplishment. Getting smoked by Kentucky isn't a bright spot, but you can downplay how difficult it is to get to the sweet 16. Predict away for this year.

Wouldn't it be nice to beat a highly ranked team on the road just once especially when we are in the spotlight on national TV

Even since Carter made the bonehead pass, we were schooled by Virginia. Just like last year, start out 7-0 and lose to LSU.

18 second half points for WVU. This game tonight really exposed how awful WVU's half court offense is. It is going to be another long season like last year.

25-10 and a trip to the sweet 16...that's a "long season" that most teams in the country would take in a heartbeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT