ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Just got off the phone with new commitment Alec Sinkfield

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage running back Alec Sinkfield told me that he has been wanting to commit to West Virginia since they first offered him a scholarship in December so today when he spoke with running backs coach JaJuan Seider on the phone after he visited practice it was a no brainer. Sinkfield is very excited to be committed to the Mountaineers and told me it was just the perfect fit with the coaching staff, the style of offense and on the academic side as well. Sinkfield said he is going to be used both in the backfield and in the slot and he is comfortable with that after playing so much wide receiver last season due to the depth at his high school. This year he will take about 95-percent of the work in the backfield and he is excited to showcase what he can do. Sinkfield had a total of 12 offers with more schools getting involved but his most recent came from Louisville and Pittsburgh. He told me that he really connected with Seider's up-front approach and he believes he can not only learn a lot from him on the football field but also as a person. Sinkfield considers his recruitment closed but is going to take some more visits just to cover himself in case anything would happen between him and the Mountaineers still he reinforced the idea that this is where he wants to play college football and even told me this is exactly where he wanted to be. Sinkfield will enroll at West Virginia next summer and I'll have a lot more in the morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News