ADVERTISEMENT

just got back from

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
3 days at the Omni Shoreham In DC......checked out the national zoo ( saw some of "it's " relatives) the air and space museum, and the botanical gardens......excellent accomodations...I highly recommend it.......now I'm refreshed and ready for another outing of probable stupid turnovers and missed free throws.....and we beat the bad weather home

3 days at the Omni Shoreham In DC......checked out the national zoo ( saw some of "it's " relatives) the air and space museum, and the botanical gardens......excellent accomodations...I highly recommend it.......now I'm refreshed and ready for another outing of probable stupid turnovers and missed free throws.....and we beat the bad weather home
I don't want to hear that stuff, sounds dangerously close to an excuse...let's goooo Mountiannneeerrrr!

Well, he certainly didn't coach like a hall of famer last year, and the votes haven't been cast yet this year.
WV will play more top 20 teams in the next 2 weeks than marshla has played in the last 2 decades...the truth hurts sometimes...sit back down until called upon

WV will play more top 20 teams in the next 2 weeks than marshla has played in the last 2 decades...the truth hurts sometimes...sit back down until called upon
We need you to actually beat one or two more...just showing up don't cut much ice!

18-13, actually 18-14 with likely opening round loss in conference tournament would get them in, based on NET ranking. As I posted on the other forum, Michigan got in last year with an 18-14 record, based mostly on a few wins over ranked programs, as well as a decent NET ranking around 27 or so. People bitched about it though, based solely on looking at the record, but they ended up making it to the sweet 16, kicking higher seeded Tennessee in the mouth along the way, which was ironic, since most people bitching were the SEC crowd, due to A&M not getting in.

But, good point by Tony. It's one thing playing a bunch of ranked teams. It's another to actually beat one of the ranked teams. Using slow's logic, the Herd would be a shoe-in if they were in the Big XII, simply by showing up and losing to ranked opponents.

18-13, actually 18-14 with likely opening round loss in conference tournament would get them in, based on NET ranking. As I posted on the other forum, Michigan got in last year with an 18-14 record, based mostly on a few wins over ranked programs, as well as a decent NET ranking around 27 or so. People bitched about it though, based solely on looking at the record, but they ended up making it to the sweet 16, kicking higher seeded Tennessee in the mouth along the way, which was ironic, since most people bitching were the SEC crowd, due to A&M not getting in.

But, good point by Tony. It's one thing playing a bunch of ranked teams. It's another to actually beat one of the ranked teams. Using slow's logic, the Herd would be a shoe-in if they were in the Big XII, simply by showing up and losing to ranked opponents.
Well, I was glad they beat a woeful Texas Tech, need to win a few more however and not many TT left in that tough conference.

You all seem to be "Reaching".

To be a national factor -
25 wins, monitory.

To wish, beg borrow and steel -
18 wins seems acceptable.

Nice to finally win on the road,
in the b12 to the worse team in b12,
but who's counting.

Winning feels dang good,
but plse do "name drop" the NCAA Tournament.
West Virginia has some "butt kicking" to do.

Huggy's formula for years has been to lay in at home during November and December and roll into conference play at 11-1 and then play .500 in the BIg 12, and that has been enough to get them into the dance!

Huggy's formula for years has been to lay in at home during November and December and roll into conference play at 11-1 and then play .500 in the BIg 12, and that has been enough to get them into the dance!
just like marshlas has been to play high school, junior college, and division 3 creampuffs and then hope your conference is terrible enough that you can get on a 3 day run and win the auto bid.....of course what else would you expect from a fashion train wreck with a mindless "doctrine" that everyone scoffs at........how many dance bids has marshla gotten with their formula, and how many bids has The Bear (Mr Bear to you herdies) gotten with his system....do the math......and when you further consider many of The Bear's bids were in the 2 toughest conferences in the country at the time....the old Big East and the present Big 12.....the numbers don't lie my old friend

just like marshlas has been to play high school, junior college, and division 3 creampuffs and then hope your conference is terrible enough that you can get on a 3 day run and win the auto bid.....of course what else would you expect from a fashion train wreck with a mindless "doctrine" that everyone scoffs at........how many dance bids has marshla gotten with their formula, and how many bids has The Bear (Mr Bear to you herdies) gotten with his system....do the math......and when you further consider many of The Bear's bids were in the 2 toughest conferences in the country at the time....the old Big East and the present Big 12.....the numbers don't lie my old friend
Don't worry about Dan's fashion or MU's slate....try too win in a few more games and we'll see you in Huntington in March!

Year in Year Out,
Year In Year Out.

At $4.3 million per Year Salary would expect & Demand More..

If this actually represents a Typical West Virginia supporter, Why bother?

You all seem to be "Reaching".

To be a national factor -
25 wins, monitory.

To wish, beg borrow and steel -
18 wins seems acceptable.

Nice to finally win on the road,
in the b12 to the worse team in b12,
but who's counting.

Winning feels dang good,
but plse do "name drop" the NCAA Tournament.
West Virginia has some "butt kicking" to do.
Correct. The top teams are going to have 25 plus wins, and typically one of those teams ends up winning it all.

When they changed the logic behind selecting teams on selection Sunday, they went heavily weighted towards the NET rankings. This has only been in the works for a couple years though, which is why you're seeing teams with 18-14, 17-15 records get picked ahead of say a Middle Tennessee State who may have gone 28-3, but didn't play anybody of note, and ended up with a NET ranking in the 50s or 60s.

The problem with this system, in my opinion, is that if a particular team happens to be a member of a top conference, then their NET ranking is going to be pretty good, regardless of wins and losses. WVU is a good example of it this year, and Michigan was last year. It's why the B1G got ten teams into the dance last year. My opinion is that if you cannot win at least 40% of your conference games, then it seems you don't stand much of a chance in the big dance, unless of course, dominos begin to fall in front of you, like they occurred when Michigan went to the championship game in 2018. Higher seeded teams kept losing, enabling Michigan to play lower seeded teams, including Loyola Chicago in the final four.

...and besides didn't you tell us Glenville was going to trounce us? Hahahahahahahaah
no...I said they would give you a good game and that you should beware

Correct. The top teams are going to have 25 plus wins, and typically one of those teams ends up winning it all.

When they changed the logic behind selecting teams on selection Sunday, they went heavily weighted towards the NET rankings. This has only been in the works for a couple years though, which is why you're seeing teams with 18-14, 17-15 records get picked ahead of say a Middle Tennessee State who may have gone 28-3, but didn't play anybody of note, and ended up with a NET ranking in the 50s or 60s.

The problem with this system, in my opinion, is that if a particular team happens to be a member of a top conference, then their NET ranking is going to be pretty good, regardless of wins and losses. WVU is a good example of it this year, and Michigan was last year. It's why the B1G got ten teams into the dance last year. My opinion is that if you cannot win at least 40% of your conference games, then it seems you don't stand much of a chance in the big dance, unless of course, dominos begin to fall in front of you, like they occurred when Michigan went to the championship game in 2018. Higher seeded teams kept losing, enabling Michigan to play lower seeded teams, including Loyola Chicago in the final four.
KInd of like feudalism...depends on who your father is, not what you actually accomplish! UK's birthright is to play in the dance!

Very Appreciated Very Appreciated

There's this, there's that,
but in the small world West Virginia lives in, bottom of b12 and paying the salaries that West Virginia pays - West Virginia should be Sweet 16 candidate -year in year out.

Yes,
i basically agree but it's time to expect a result that competes Nationally
NOT JUST WISHING for Ncaa Tournament bid.

Nice to win finally

I could have sworn that WVU played at Pitt and Xavier this year along with a neutral site games with Purdue and Florida. I need to cut the cable for poor picture quality or I didn’t realize that they were repainting the floor and bringing in fans from western PA and Cincinnati to Morgantown.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
ADVERTISEMENT