ADVERTISEMENT

Just got back from 3 days in Tulsa....spoke with numerous OSU and OU fans....I asked them what they

Tony has officially left the thread
The funny part is he starts these threads and then he will say he doesn't thin Marshall needs WVU anymore.
I am thrilled they are finally over us I just wish their actions would speak louder than their words.

You boys do get that you ain't ND! I'm sure you'll have something for the Towson Tigers! Man, playing Towson and Kansas back to back, you boys are fearless!
Two schools that have never lost to Marshall in football. Sounds like we have something in common

You boys do get that you ain't ND! I'm sure you'll have something for the Towson Tigers! Man, playing Towson and Kansas back to back, you boys are fearless!
True. Kansas and Towson couldn't afford the paycut moving to the Sun Belt.

This is funny coming from a Herd fan whose teams SOS usually ranks near the bottom while our SOS is consistently ranked as one of the toughest in college football.

This is funny coming from a Herd fan whose teams SOS usually ranks near the bottom while our SOS is consistently ranked as one of the toughest in college football.
No doubt the Tigers and the Jayhawks are loaded this season...but in spite of the opponents overwhelming power I'll be pulling for the Mounties!

Unfortunately, we're probably down to only 1-2 more years of entertaining college football (and basketball as well). Injecting money into the pockets of students was an awful idea, or at least with the NIL. This, in conjunction with the transfer at will rule, allows an open market for players to move from school to school, all in the name of making a buck. It's going to get much worse.

If both of these issues aren't fixed, college football will soon be simply another free agent heavy professional sport, which quite frankly, I cannot stand.

Unfortunately, we're probably down to only 1-2 more years of entertaining college football (and basketball as well). Injecting money into the pockets of students was an awful idea, or at least with the NIL. This, in conjunction with the transfer at will rule, allows an open market for players to move from school to school, all in the name of making a buck. It's going to get much worse.

If both of these issues aren't fixed, college football will soon be simply another free agent heavy professional sport, which quite frankly, I cannot stand.
I fear you're 100% correct...

Funny how you keep thinking anyone gives a single shit who you will be pulling for.
Tony has been a regular on the Woodshed for a long time, and unlike a lot of the posters who come here his posts are not mean spirted, and sometimes he shows a little wit. As Biden would say, " c'mon man" - give the guy a break.

I agree as well. I thought that gambling would be college athletics’ downfall, but the Portal and NIL will destroy it faster.
But at least folks can bet the over or under on the date of the collapse.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I agree as well. I thought that gambling would be college athletics’ downfall, but the Portal and NIL will destroy it faster.
But at least folks can bet the over or under on the date of the collapse.
Gambling on football has been around since they started keeping score it was a dirty little secret for 60 years concerning the point spreads but the legal form has only been a round for a few years and has had no impact on the game as I see it. But this NIL stuff is changing the face of college sports and not for the better IMHO.

Tony has been a regular on the Woodshed for a long time, and unlike a lot of the posters who come here his posts are not mean spirted, and sometimes he shows a little wit. As Biden would say, " c'mon man" - give the guy a break.
Buzz, been going back and forth with Davemiester for years...

There will be no return game because our coaches hurt their coaches' feelings. :joy:
Hell, a game with WVU does nothing for us nationally, a win doesn't mean much because of their actual standing in the world of college football. I was shocked and saddened to see the lack of esteem for the Mounties in the Indian Nations! Buzz tells me I was talking to fans that had found their way into some firewater but they seemed sober to me!

• Haha
Reactions: Humptod
Hell, a game with WVU does nothing for us nationally, a win doesn't mean much because of their actual standing in the world of college football. I was shocked and saddened to see the lack of esteem for the Mounties in the Indian Nations! Buzz tells me I was talking to fans that had found their way into some firewater but they seemed sober to me!
It may come as a shock to you Tony, but there never has been national interest in the WVU-Marshall series.........in football or basketball. When you were in the Indian Nations talking college football did you come across anyone that had ever heard of MU?

It may come as a shock to you Tony, but there never has been national interest in the WVU-Marshall series.........in football or basketball. When you were in the Indian Nations talking college football did you come across anyone that had ever heard of MU?
Sure , the Pennington -Moss team was known through college football as much as you boys want to deny that! I did have fans ask me about why we slipped but what could I say other than we don't have those guys anymore!

Nothing for you nationally? Lol. Most of the nation could care less about a team that dropped from cusa to the sun belt

Sure , the Pennington -Moss team was known through college football as much as you boys want to deny that! I did have fans ask me about why we slipped but what could I say other than we don't have those guys anymore!
what are these pennington and moss things you speak of.?..I know that pennington is a grass seed company and I know that moss appears on a stone that has not been rolled, but what does that have to do with football

• Haha
Reactions: Rootmaster
what are these pennington and moss things you speak of.?..I know that pennington is a grass seed company and I know that moss appears on a stone that has not been rolled, but what does that have to do with football
I 've been looking for some effective grass seed!

Sorry, my friend, but I have to call you out for using this low blow against our pals from WVU. Shoving HOF famous players in their faces, while they're still trying to keep Pac Man out of jail is pretty low of you.
You don't hear the Boys from WVU use the "nobody has ever heard of Marshall" argument much anymore, I guess it's too disingenuous even for our delusional Cousins!

Sorry, my friend, but I have to call you out for using this low blow against our pals from WVU. Shoving HOF famous players in their faces, while they're still trying to keep Pac Man out of jail is pretty low of you.
I think it is awesome that we have HOF famous players from this state and it makes it even more awesome that WVU had the honor of beating them, especially when nobody could stop Moss!

I think it is awesome that we have HOF famous players from this state and it makes it even more awesome that WVU had the honor of beating them, especially when nobody could stop Moss!
Yes, that was a hell of a game!

Just hire TruGreen. This company killed every weed that was in my yard.
but for a price trust me...after I retired they wanted me to be one of their job inspectors....real ripoff....if I lived closer I'd do it for half of what they will charge you....but then I forgot...you have $$$$

but for a price trust me...after I retired they wanted me to be one of their job inspectors....real ripoff....if I lived closer I'd do it for half of what they will charge you....but then I forgot...you have $$$$
Tractor Supply stores sell a product called Trimec that will kill any broadleaf weed in your yard without hurting the grass, and by doing it yourself you can save hundreds of $$ as opposed to the cost of lawn care professionals. I used it for years with beautiful results.

Reactions: Humptod
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT