ADVERTISEMENT

Just bought an XL Green Egg about a month ago

DvlDog4WVU

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Really been putting this thing through the ringer. Recently bought a big pizza stone for it and I’m looking for some good pizza dough recipes. No deep dish or pan. Anyone have a recipe for Pies and Pints or The Capri/LaFranks?

Or your favorite dough recipe? We tried to do a Mellow Mushroom dough last night and it just didn’t turn out. Maybe it wasn’t suited for wood fire? No idea.

Disclaimer: first time ever trying homemade pizza, so could be user error. I don’t like failure though so, we’re about to be some pizza eatin sombitches till I get this down.

@backcountry mounty
@Mog
@El~Scronko

Really been putting this thing through the ringer. Recently bought a big pizza stone for it and I’m looking for some good pizza dough recipes. No deep dish or pan. Anyone have a recipe for Pies and Pints or The Capri/LaFranks?

Or your favorite dough recipe? We tried to do a Mellow Mushroom dough last night and it just didn’t turn out. Maybe it wasn’t suited for wood fire? No idea.

Disclaimer: first time ever trying homemade pizza, so could be user error. I don’t like failure though so, we’re about to be some pizza eatin sombitches till I get this down.

@backcountry mounty
@Mog
@El~Scronko

One of my favorite pizza vids with directions and recipe.

@backcountry mounty
@Mog
@El~Scronko
Most of the time when I make pizza at home these days, I do a pan pizza in cast iron. Been a while since I've done normal pizza on a stone, but I think this is the recipe I used:

Thanks man.
I recommend "The Pizza Bible". Play around with it and develop the style you like. I'm not sure what you're looking for but NY pizza uses a high gluten flour. I buy "Gold Medal all Trumps"(Bromated). The "poolish" works well for me although it can be a little wet for some people to work with. "Tiga" is less hydration. I've played around with "00"(Caputo) flour as well and it comes out a little lighter with great results. Neopolitan is usually a "00" flour. I usually do a 48 hour rest in a fridge before using. Good luck

Your oven can make a huge difference in what your pizza does but 550 degree is what most home ovens can get to. Rarely do I go under 500 deg. for any bake. My wood fire can do 1000 . Just be on top of your game if you do wood or gas ovens as it literally takes a minute or two for finish. Rotate the pizza every 20 to 30 seconds a quarter turn.

Buy a peel. Watch videos. You're gonna **** up but so what?

WVU

ADVERTISEMENT