ADVERTISEMENT

Just an old guys rambling

Coffeelover

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I guess everybody’s college days were best.

I remember getting up at 6:00 on Saturday morning, getting high and getting ready to go and get in line at the gate a 7:00 before the game. I was in forestry and the ticket takers ( yes there were actually paper tickets ) forestry professors, so we would drink till 11:00 when the gates opened. There was a mad rush for seats.

Another 2 hours of drinking or whatever before the game started at 1:00 for every game. If we were lucky the soccer team played before the game. We had frisbee dog and the cheerleader that did backwards hand flips from goal line to goal line.

We would sit during the game and watch some good football at times but usually pretty bad. Good or bad we didn’t feel like our lives depended on whatever happened. We forgot about it, went home and started partying for the next game. 😎

It wasn’t until a few years out of college, when things became so serious.

I miss the lack of size and speed, the amateur standards being true, knowing the players and watching them for 4 years. When we thought Tree Adams was huuuge.

Just my thoughts. I know most have different thoughts. If you make it this far, thanks for letting me ramble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.