ADVERTISEMENT

John Beilein and Michigan

Wait should we or shouldn't we celebrate RR? I'm gonna have to really reach into my soul to defend a guy who wears specific types of underwear to show off his hydraulics....

Actually, I do celebrate Rich's success here, but as we've seen over the years RR is one of the bad guys in football while Beilein is a class act and of the good ones. Not to mention JB put WVU hoops on the map.

Reactions: DoogEER
Actually, I do celebrate Rich's success here, but as we've seen over the years RR is one of the bad guys in football while Beilein is a class act and of the good ones. Not to mention JB put WVU hoops on the map.

I will agree with a class act, but as soon as he got here he was looking around. Face facts, he used WVU as a stepping stone. Huggs wanted to be here, Dana wants to be here. I'll take them over RR and Beilein any day. Don't believe me, ask your employer.

Reactions: eerdoc and Phil
I will agree with a class act, but as soon as he got here he was looking around. Face facts, he used WVU as a stepping stone. Huggs wanted to be here, Dana wants to be here. I'll take them over RR and Beilein any day. Don't believe me, ask your employer.

It’s not that big of deal WVU being a stepping stone and not a destination job. This is Home for Huggins so he’s perfect for the job. I think Dana is tapped out at WVU. He’s a good coach but not top self. So leaving WVU for Holgy would probably be a lateral move that seems senseless.

Being a bad guy is fine, if you win...nobody seems to tolerate a bad guy who loses.

Piss poor free throw shooting is likely going to be the downfall of Michigan in the dance, and maybe a very early exit. Too many players in today's game concentrate on dunks and 3's. Tight games come down to free throw shooting contests when a team is down in the waning moments.

Reactions: Rootmaster

The difference is everyone knew WVU would be a stepping stone. He put in 110% while he was here. He also left on GREAT terms, unlike Rich Rod. I hate how he went to Michigan as I don't like routing for Michigan...however, I only wish Broke in success unload if is against my Mountaineers or the wife's Clemson Tigers.

He left us after we made his name, I don't hate him like RR but I root against him, it's a WV thing.

Insecurity?

You betchya.
I will always be grateful to John Beilein, a good guy and a good coach, for rescuing WVU from the Dakitch fiasco. I wish him well in every game except against WVU or Big 12 teams. I wish him extra well against TOFU (Ohio State), my pet name for the nuts (hey, it's their nickname!).

Wait should we or shouldn't we celebrate RR? I'm gonna have to really reach into my soul to defend a guy who wears specific types of underwear to show off his hydraulics....
JB left on good terms. Negotiated. RR has friends in low places. He tried to slither out of his terms and take a recruit or two with him as he left. No love left for him for me.

Reactions: Phil
I'll hire an ambitious man 100% of the time versus a comfortable man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT