ADVERTISEMENT

Jevon Carter should never be forgotten...

tarponeer

All-Conference
Jun 2, 2003
...at West Virginia University.

He should be honored for all of the basketball gifts he has given so unselfishly to the university and the state of West Virginia.

Name a street after him. Name a building. Name...well, just name something becoming of such a basketball hero, a role model personified. He is what grit means, he is what this state is all about, and in the process he brought his "dinner bucket" to work every day.

Step up to the plate, West Virginia University, and let the name of Jevon Carter be forever plated on the campus of all who love the Mountaineers.

Start carving out a new statute, too.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
We didn’t do anything for Butler so why should Jevon jump him in the pecking order of great Mountaineers who didn’t have their name or number commemorated anywhere?

Community, classroom, character, competition.
First guard to be named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year twice.
2017-2018 Class Award winner in all of Division I. Honors most outstanding student-athlete.
All-American honors galore this season.
Four-team member of the Big 12 all-defensive unit. First time EVER any Big 12 player has accomplished this feat.
More than 1,500 career points.
More than 500 career rebounds.
More than 500 career assists.
More than 300 career steals.
Only the fifth player in the HISTORY of D1 basketball to accomplish 1,500, 500, 500, 300.
Led WV to four straight trips to the NCAA tournament.
Led WV to three Sweet 16 appearances.
Unanimous first team All-Big 12.
CoSIDA Academic All-American of the year.
Two-Time team captain.
3.5 cumulative grade point average.

Need I say more? Or, shall I say, I rest my case.

...at West Virginia University.

He should be honored for all of the basketball gifts he has given so unselfishly to the university and the state of West Virginia.

Name a street after him. Name a building. Name...well, just name something becoming of such a basketball hero, a role model personified. He is what grit means, he is what this state is all about, and in the process he brought his "dinner bucket" to work every day.

Step up to the plate, West Virginia University, and let the name of Jevon Carter be forever plated on the campus of all who love the Mountaineers.

Start carving out a new statute, too.

Should his Jersey be retired? I’d be for that! That kid clicks all the boxes. Ha represents everything good about college sports. As player. As student. And mostly as a person.

Reactions: Phil
Community, classroom, character, competition.
First guard to be named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year twice.
2017-2018 Class Award winner in all of Division I. Honors most outstanding student-athlete.
All-American honors galore this season.
Four-team member of the Big 12 all-defensive unit. First time EVER any Big 12 player has accomplished this feat.
More than 1,500 career points.
More than 500 career rebounds.
More than 500 career assists.
More than 300 career steals.
Only the fifth player in the HISTORY of D1 basketball to accomplish 1,500, 500, 500, 300.
Led WV to four straight trips to the NCAA tournament.
Led WV to three Sweet 16 appearances.
Unanimous first team All-Big 12.
CoSIDA Academic All-American of the year.
Two-Time team captain.
3.5 cumulative grade point average.

Need I say more? Or, shall I say, I rest my case.

Impressive and thanks for research.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT