ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Jevon Carter returns for senior season

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – West Virginia University guard Jevon Carter has withdrawn his name from the 2017 NBA Draft and will return for his senior season at WVU.

“I’m excited about coming back to West Virginia and playing with my teammates for my senior season,” Carter said. “The entire NBA process was a great experience for me and to gain valuable feedback that I can use to prepare for the future.”

A native of Maywood, Illinois, Carter led the Mountaineers in scoring at 13.5 points per game and in steals with 92 on the season. Carter was named the NABC Defensive Player of the Year, the Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year, All-Big 12 Conference Second Team and to the All-Big 12 Defensive Team for the third year in a row.

“Jevon went through the process in a systematic and professional manner by exploring his options,” WVU basketball coach Bob Huggins said. “He was able to gain feedback from NBA professionals that will help him in the future. We’re pleased that he will be a Mountaineer for his senior season.”

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – West Virginia University guard Jevon Carter has withdrawn his name from the 2017 NBA Draft and will return for his senior season at WVU.

“I’m excited about coming back to West Virginia and playing with my teammates for my senior season,” Carter said. “The entire NBA process was a great experience for me and to gain valuable feedback that I can use to prepare for the future.”

A native of Maywood, Illinois, Carter led the Mountaineers in scoring at 13.5 points per game and in steals with 92 on the season. Carter was named the NABC Defensive Player of the Year, the Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year, All-Big 12 Conference Second Team and to the All-Big 12 Defensive Team for the third year in a row.

“Jevon went through the process in a systematic and professional manner by exploring his options,” WVU basketball coach Bob Huggins said. “He was able to gain feedback from NBA professionals that will help him in the future. We’re pleased that he will be a Mountaineer for his senior season.”
With Jevon back, as you had expected Keenan, are we one over the scholarship limit assuming all the recruiting class makes it here this year? The rumors about Macon going overseas would mitigate this issue, but I don't want that option either. Not sure what to root for. I like Chase Harler as a player, teammate, student, etc., but would Harler be the logical choice?

With Jevon back, as you had expected Keenan, are we one over the scholarship limit assuming all the recruiting class makes it here this year? The rumors about Macon going overseas would mitigate this issue, but I don't want that option either. Not sure what to root for. I like Chase Harler as a player, teammate, student, etc., but would Harler be the logical choice?

Yeah it's got to be one of those two but it's the latter I have heard more about.

I'm glad we will have him back. There's no price tag on tough and experienced Senior Guards.

I felt bad we weren't able to put a play together for him at the end of the Gonzaga game. If he had a proper look, I think he would have hit it!

ADVERTISEMENT