ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Bridges gives interview to SI.com on why he left WVU

4everwv

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2004
"I'd rather be taught than just yelled at. I can take yelling if there's teaching too and not saying there was no teaching, it was just they'd rather yell at you and put on the treadmill rather than show you what to do and how to fix it and not make that same mistake again. It's like a punishment over trying to get better. I feel like I regressed as a player honestly. That was a bad representation of my game and I'm just trying to rebrand myself."
When asked if anything could have happened to prevent Bridges from leaving, he said that it's possible things would've went differently if Coach Huggins didn't blow off a one on one meeting with him multiple times to discuss what was truly on his mind. Bridges said Huggins would pull him off to the side a few seconds before practice to ask if he was doing okay but Bridges wanted to have the conversation in a more private setting.
The main point that Bridges wanted to get across was that he felt he was being misused. "Everybody talking about me like I'm a big. I ain't ever been a damn big my entire life. I was a shooting guard in high school." Bridges feels like the combination of playing in a system where he isn't "hunting" shots and can be developed as a player will be the best situation for him in order to have a chance of making it to the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News