ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Bridges gets Penn State offer

If you drop five from the current classes and add five more in-state kids you're talking 7-8 in-state kids in most classes. WVU cannot remotely find success with that much in-state "talent".

Pappy Lewis would be on these kids before they are out of the cradle and as I recalled had a couple of Pro Hall of Famers in the group. Jim Carlen felt the same way.. Maybe not 7 or 8 but certainly enough to contribute greatly. Just got to know where to look.

Pappy Lewis would be on these kids before they are out of the cradle and as I recalled had a couple of Pro Hall of Famers in the group. Jim Carlen felt the same way.. Maybe not 7 or 8 but certainly enough to contribute greatly. Just got to know where to look.

It's not 1950 anymore....... recruiting is a national action now, not regional

7-8 is not too many. Wow the stupidity on here is alarming. We waste 10 a year on out of state flops that never get on field and never stay because they stink so bad or don’t want to work.

If we recruit 25 we need at least 8 from WV as the talent is getting better nowadays. Those 8 need to be the very best in WV plus the steal or 2 like Elijah Bell type. Bell is NFL bound from Wheeling Park currently at N.C. A&T where he has dominated first 2 years. He is 3 and done and off to NFL. WVU needs to evaluate better in state as well. They missed badly on Bell.

7-8 is not too many. Wow the stupidity on here is alarming. We waste 10 a year on out of state flops that never get on field and never stay because they stink so bad or don’t want to work.

If we recruit 25 we need at least 8 from WV as the talent is getting better nowadays. Those 8 need to be the very best in WV plus the steal or 2 like Elijah Bell type. Bell is NFL bound from Wheeling Park currently at N.C. A&T where he has dominated first 2 years. He is 3 and done and off to NFL. WVU needs to evaluate better in state as well. They missed badly on Bell.

So regardless of talent level, we need 8. Got it.....

Yeah. Better to have in state flops.
We’d have been so much better off to take Gage Shaffer instead of Chugs.
What pride304 forgets is that we’re already offering 7-8 with preferred walkons.
Meanwhile as has been pointed out to him, we offered Etheridge, the spring Valley OL, and Switzer. Name a legit power 5 “miss” that wvu did not offer. We offered them in plenty of time, often the first offer. The kids chose not to take our offer. Kerry Martin and Amir Richardson are sitting on wvu offers.

Last edited:
Chazz we just recently offered Kerry Martin after he received like 10 other D1 offers. I’m sure he felt slighted by his home state team. He should have been offered last year. Good player.

We don’t do a good job recruiting in state. Reality. Too many good ones get out. Huge choke job by WVU coaches. I think they are making attempt to fix this cause everyone knows the talent is growing in state.

Chazz we just recently offered Kerry Martin after he received like 10 other D1 offers. I’m sure he felt slighted by his home state team. He should have been offered last year. Good player.

We don’t do a good job recruiting in state. Reality. Too many good ones get out. Huge choke job by WVU coaches. I think they are making attempt to fix this cause everyone knows the talent is growing in state.

I want you to name 5 that "got out" and became people we missed. (Switzer is too obvious so be smarter)

You mean those offers from the likes of Howard, Western Kentucky, Marshall and ... the P5 Doormat aka Rutgers?
Umm, right. Martin either wants to come here or not.

Go see him play this fall. Perfect athlete for DB. Tall, athletic kid. Good player.

I think Jake Bowen needs offered out of Bridgeport High. Go see him play. Under the radar kid who plays RB and LB. Excellent athlete and strong, tall RB like Tonkery brothers. Rushed for over 1,900 last year. Could Jake be the next Mountaineer out of Bridgeport High. He has stronger build already than Tonkery brothers at this point. He could be a athletic fullback or LB. Bring him in and redshirt him. Good prospect.

How many times do you have to be told you can't put a chain around a kid and expect him to stay in the state. He or she is going to go where he or she want to go.

Chill and let it go. Just like EerSports gave you the boot.

Jason Williams, Randy Moss, Bobby Howard were on same team in the talent loaded Charleston area and guess what WVU got 0 the big choke. That’s ridiculous. This has been issue for decades.

Jason Williams, Randy Moss, Bobby Howard were on same team in the talent loaded Charleston area and guess what WVU got 0 the big choke. That’s ridiculous. This has been issue for decades.

Jason would have preferred not to go to college at all but chose Providence to get out of WV. When he couldnt qualify, he went to Marshall knowing that Donnavon was on the short list for multiple P5 coaching gigs and intended to follow him back out of state wherever he landed.

Moss and Howard had zero interest in staying in WV after all the blatant racism they experienced in Rand and DuPont

But why are you bringing up guys from 25 years ago when a poster challenged you to name 7 WV kids who could be signed right now?

It’s been a problem for years. Racism wasn’t the reason. WV is very integrated and was then. WVU just didn’t own the state like they should. WVU coaches didn’t recruit them well enough to land them. A great WV coach would have got them. Saban would land them if he were WVU coach. My point is we have choked for years on great WV talent. No excuse. Keatoncornerloser why bash the great state of WV. How can you call yourself a WVU fan if you hate your homestate? Get a clue bud. Other fans see your anti WV crap. It’s embarrassing to WVU. Tone it down. Get some pride. Did the WV girls diss you growing up. I’m sure that was the case.

Being Sweet 16 also should garner attention of 5 star players around the country.
Unfortunately it really doesn't.

Kids want to play for programs that go to Elite Eights, Final Fours and Championships.

Making out of the first weekend is a pretty decent accomplishment but eventually you need to go further.

We hold Dana to the "not settling for mediocrity". Shouldn't Huggins be held to the same standards? Considering he makes more money than coaches who have won more championships than him.

I say if getting more local talent might be tweaking things a little bit then why not?

Nate Adrian was a 3 star with very little big time offers but his passion for WVU and West Virginia drove him further than others. I would take a guy like him over a 3 star kid from Ohio or Maryland with a "better offer list"

Huggins has hit on many under the radar kids but let's not act like he hasn't missed on a bunch of higher profile recruits.

How many times do you have to be told you can't put a chain around a kid and expect him to stay in the state. He or she is going to go where he or she want to go.

Chill and let it go. Just like EerSports gave you the boot.

You know you're God awful when Chris Anderson kicks you out LOLOLOL

Kids want to play for programs that go to Elite Eights, Final Fours and Championships.

Making out of the first weekend is a pretty decent accomplishment but eventually you need to go further.

We hold Dana to the "not settling for mediocrity". Shouldn't Huggins be held to the same standards? Considering he makes more money than coaches who have won more championships than him.

I say if getting more local talent might be tweaking things a little bit then why not?

Nate Adrian was a 3 star with very little big time offers but his passion for WVU and West Virginia drove him further than others. I would take a guy like him over a 3 star kid from Ohio or Maryland with a "better offer list"

Huggins has hit on many under the radar kids but let's not act like he hasn't missed on a bunch of higher profile recruits.

I'll take Huggins as head coach over any that come here and stay no longer than 5 years. Show me a coach that hasn't missed on players that were supposedly high profile players.

shewwwwwwwww.

You just called 3 Sweet 16s in 4 years "mediocre"

Randy Moss pissed our proud WVU fanatics off when he dissed WVU and WV. I’ve seen the 30 for 30 it was good but racism was not the reason. He has 4 biracial kids to a WV girl. WV is not racist it’s very integrated and Randy Moss is not racist either. He actually began to like his home state once he grew up and matured. Let’s not put the race issue out Keatoncorner on this it’s not politics. If Moss was committed to WVU he would have been loved more. His attitude was horrible and he wasn’t real bright. Lol. He did great at Marshall. Moss broke rules and made mistakes. We should have landed him regardless cause he is a WV star.

Huggs is on Bridges they just got to let scholarships play out a while. I think Bridges is WVU bound. He’s lighting up the summer circuit on these big city boys. Huggs likes him.

Look it up man. Oh man I forgot your out of state. I know these folks bud. I’m in the know. He’s waiting on WVU. Huggs got him. Don’t worry.

He’s competed against lots of good players in summer ball and mopped the floor with everybody he’s come across. Silky smooth shooter with height, athletism.....huge ceiling. Don’t worry Keaton we got a good one.

He’s competed against lots of good players in summer ball and mopped the floor with everybody he’s come across. Silky smooth shooter with height, athletism.....huge ceiling. Don’t worry Keaton we got a good one.

What if I told you that he wasn’t though? Averaging 10pts 3.5 rebounds a game “on the circuits”

You need to come to terms with the facts that if Jalen Bridges wants a chance to play at WVU, he is going to have yo choose to prep to 2020

Our 2019 class is booked

2019 isn’t booked. Others will leave, transfer, quit.....that’s why it’s a process. Bridges will get more power 5 offers but he is waiting on WVU to clear up openings. It will happen easy. Players leave a lot nowadays. We will go from 3 to 5 at least. Bridges too good too pass up.

2019 isn’t booked. Others will leave, transfer, quit.....that’s why it’s a process. Bridges will get more power 5 offers but he is waiting on WVU to clear up openings. It will happen easy. Players leave a lot nowadays. We will go from 3 to 5 at least. Bridges too good too pass up.

Why are you now opposed to him prepping to 2020...

A month ago you said that was his plan all along

As long as both parties are committed I have no issue with anyone prepping cause it’s a win win. The extra year of development is huge. If Bridges prepped he could be starting material at WVU very early by freshmen, most likely sophomore year. Kid has great upside.

I’m 100% sold on Dobbs going to prep. It would be very beneficial to him whether it’s WVU or someone else.

As long as both parties are committed I have no issue with anyone prepping cause it’s a win win. The extra year of development is huge. If Bridges prepped he could be starting material at WVU very early by freshmen, most likely sophomore year. Kid has great upside.

I’m 100% sold on Dobbs going to prep. It would be very beneficial to him whether it’s WVU or someone else.

Dobbs is never going to be WVU material...

Racism wasn’t the reason. WV is very integrated and was then.

Oh... honey child it's past your bedtime...

giphy.gif

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
I think WVU offers Jalen Bridges eventually. He dominates out of state so called elites all summer. Once bigger out of state programs start offering WV kids then WVU takes notice and starts talking playing catch-up. Ridiculous.
Do you really think WVU hasnt paid attention to him? He plays 10 minutes down the road, he camps here and he visits often. WVU knows about him. They may have been waiting for you to give the nod before offering.

ADVERTISEMENT