ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Bridges gets Penn State offer

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
Fairmont Senior 6-7 wing Jalen Bridges recruiting on rise. Receives power 5 offer. He has a million other D1 offers with it including Marshall. WVU will eventually offer. I told you Penn State had people at the WV state tourney. Bridges is still growing at 6-7. Teammate Zyon Dobbs also one to watch.

Football is the biggest issue. WV in state football talent growing by the year. WVU must do a better job recruiting in state football talent. No wonder 7-5 is normal. We recruit too many bad out of state kids who aren’t good enough and leave, quit, transfer. It’s hurting us big time. Every year we need to replace 5 out of state recruits with 5 top in state WV recruits going forward. We drop the ball here badly.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Fairmont Senior 6-7 wing Jalen Bridges recruiting on rise. Receives power 5 offer. He has a million other D1 offers with it including Marshall. WVU will eventually offer. I told you Penn State had people at the WV state tourney. Bridges is still growing at 6-7. Teammate Zyon Dobbs also one to watch.

Football is the biggest issue. WV in state football talent growing by the year. WVU must do a better job recruiting in state football talent. No wonder 7-5 is normal. We recruit too many bad out of state kids who aren’t good enough and leave, quit, transfer. It’s hurting us big time. Every year we need to replace 5 out of state recruits with 5 top in state WV recruits going forward. We drop the ball here badly.
If you drop five from the current classes and add five more in-state kids you're talking 7-8 in-state kids in most classes. WVU cannot remotely find success with that much in-state "talent".

The only thing you drop is your IQ when you bring no proof of such bogus information.

If Jalen wants to lose often then he can go to PStinkU.

Jalen 12 offers only 1 P5 offer

Pstink is the only P5 school to offer. The rest are desperate for anybody.

The 6-foot-7 rising senior entered the week with scholarship offers from Canisius, Howard, James Madison, Marshall, Ohio, Old Dominion, Robert Morris, Samford, Tennessee-Martin, Western Carolina and Youngstown State.

Bridges has also received interest of late from San Diego State, Georgetown and Butler, including some contact with WVU.

Last edited:
I think WVU offers Jalen Bridges eventually. He dominates out of state so called elites all summer. Once bigger out of state programs start offering WV kids then WVU takes notice and starts talking playing catch-up. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Vernon I know you love WV and WVU but ask yourself if that many out of state recruits are delivering considering we recruit 22 of 25 out of state a year many years. Out of 22 out of state recruits half never contribute. Several, leave, quit, transfer or simply aren’t good enough.

If we recruit 25 guys at least 8-10 should be top in state stars. We got #1 OL recruit in country in WV. Get 90% of the most elite WV kids and WVU football improves. Darius Stills and Pitts already starting and out playing guys easy. Donahue walked in here and started easy. We don’t light the world up with out of state recruiting either.

Dante Stills will own out of state recruits day 1 in August.

Also look at all the 10th grade talent in WV high school football coming up. WVU better get after them hard. Also got lots of talented 11th grade and 12th grade players to lock up.

Too many to list. Former Capital star Dorian Etheridge is a Louisville Cardinal and big NFL prospect. Big miss by WVU who has struggled on defense and often lacks LBs.

Yes he can. We are letting good offensive lineman go to SEC and ACC every year. Look them up. It’s several. WVU must recruit in state better. The talent is growing in WV. We must capitalize.

7-5 and way under scholarship limit is normal for Dana and all his out of state recruits. When he recruits 22 of 25 from out of state every year he’s in trouble and can’t grow. The oversaturation of out of state recruits results in half of them struggling at this level, leaving, quitting, transferring and some never even getting here because of academics.

What has to change is this. If recruit 25 players then 8 need to be in state stars. I’m talking the top in state stars. Every year there is 8 good enough and don’t kid yourself. Every year we got 8 good enough. Reality, fact.

Oh my!
Hard to find amore shallow, poorly conceived (thought out) remark. Only hope is that this comes from an immature middle-schooler.
YIKES!!

Eerdoc get a clue. You make no sense. At least talk sports. Your more interested in insults and kissing up to most of these clueless posters than actually adding something about WVU.

South Charleston and Bluefield have 2 players going into 10th grade in football that are going to be 5 stars or easy 4 star recruits. WV talent on rise. Be happy it’s a good thing.

Eerdoc get a clue. You make no sense. At least talk sports. Your more interested in insults and kissing up to most of these clueless posters than actually adding something about WVU.

South Charleston and Bluefield have 2 players going into 10th grade in football that are going to be 5 stars or easy 4 star recruits. WV talent on rise. Be happy it’s a good thing.

Do yo even read the crap you put out?

Ha,Ha,Ha--talk about making no sense. WOW.
Have no idea what you reference regarding "...kissing unto...clueless posters..." (maybe that was a reference to the anticipated response to YOU--I couldn't be sure).
Please go back and read both my post and the one to which I responded. Please read slowly to sure you are able to understand the meaning of all the words. As for insults-I reserve them for those folk who earn them, through effort or pure ignorance by making remarks or launching attacks on others (such as our coaches) which I deem unnecessarily stupid or, in their own right, insulting

If Bob Huggins tooka commitment from a kid from Indiana with Jalen Bridges’ offer list

Would OP have the same enthusiasm?

If Bridges were from Indiana WVU would be on their knees. The anti WV self question complex wouldn’t exist.

If Bridges were from Indiana WVU would be on their knees. The anti WV self question complex wouldn’t exist.

Just so we are clear, you are accusing HoF Coach Bob Huggins as being anti-WV?

The same guy who offered spots to:

Noah Cottrill
Nate Adrian
Donte Grantham
Brandon Knapper
Chase Harler
David Early
Obinna Killen

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Bob wants to get top WV kids. He is getting on it. WVU is trying to get more in state WV talent nowadays in everything. Bridges is on Bobs radar. Trust me. Things will shake up by February. Bridges to WVU will happen eventually.

Bob likes Obinna, Early, Bridges.....Dobbs, Metheny, Dawson, Williamson are others to follow. If Metheny grows watch out.

Dude everybody I talk to in our state says WVU doesn’t recruit in state well enough and drops the ball on this matter. Everybody agrees with this. You guys are like fake news CNN on here. It’s football and basketball issue. We need to keep 90% of all players good enough.

No excuse not to land Obinna Killen. Huggs is on him but needs to stay hard at him. Put a wall around WV. We are a perennial sweet 16 power that should get every WV kid we want no excuses.

Being Sweet 16 also should garner attention of 5 star players around the country.

It will. It will also make top WV players want to wear the gold and blue with honor and pride. It should make it easier for Huggs.

No excuse not to land Obinna Killen. Huggs is on him but needs to stay hard at him. Put a wall around WV. We are a perennial sweet 16 power that should get every WV kid we want no excuses.

So when you deliver pizza, they really want to talk WVU? Wow

Did you really say build a wall around WV? Like the kind Wanny wanted around Pitt?

Last edited:

And at most PSU gets 2* basketball recruits...this is basketball, not football. PSU is bad at basketball.

He literally doesn't have a million other offers.

PSU didn't have to be at the state tourney to offer a kid. Where does that fit?

Jennings, Sills, Askew-Henry, Grier, Rose..all out of state players that aren't good enough.

You're seriously a moron.

/thread

Why is Huggs on Killen? You said he was anti-WV?

And at most PSU gets 2* basketball recruits...this is basketball, not football. PSU is bad at basketball.

He literally doesn't have a million other offers.

PSU didn't have to be at the state tourney to offer a kid. Where does that fit?

Jennings, Sills, Askew-Henry, Grier, Rose..all out of state players that aren't good enough.

You're seriously a moron.

/thread

I guess Scmitt, Austin, Bailey, Pat White, All 3 White brothers (not realted to Pat), Steve Slaton, Amous, Avon, Hostetler, Karl Joseph, Geno, Oliver Luck, Mark Bulger, Jennings, Sills, Askew-Henry, Grier, Rose, Cook...

I guess Scmitt, Austin, Bailey, Pat White, All 3 White brothers (not realted to Pat), Steve Slaton, Amous, Avon, Hostetler, Karl Joseph, Geno, Oliver Luck, Mark Bulger, Jennings, Sills, Askew-Henry, Grier, Rose, Cook...

Yep. ALLLLLL of them were out of state letdowns...

I said we get some good out of state players but we sure get a lot of terrible flunky out of state players as well. In fact more than half of our out of state recruits are not good.

Go make a list of all the out of state recruits that badly sucked. That list is huge. Real long list. 50% of all out of state recruits are terrible. Within 2 years they are gone.

Go make your long long long list of terrible out of state recruits in football. It is huge.

Go make your list of all the in state flops on WVU team. Go make your list of successful WV players on out of state college teams. Show links and not your lip.

West Virginia High School players on WVU

1. Travis Lee

1. Derrek Pitts
2. Maverick Wolfey
3. Darius Stills

1. Dylan Tonkery
2. Conner Watts

1. Stone Wolfey
2. Brent Osborne
3. Brady Watson
4. Matt Vucelik
5. Troy Lilly
6. Shea Campbell
7. Ross Harvey
8. Donte Glover

1. Amanii Brown
2. Mark Ellis
3. Austin Hensley

1. Elijah Wellman
2. D.J. Carozza
3. Jon Lewis
4. Scott Levine
5. Mike Molina
6. Shane Commodore

1. Justin Johnson
2. Cody Clay

1_8095052.jpg

Dewayne Grantham Martinsburg (Martinsburg, WV)- Hard commit.

Looks like the job is getting done...You can't force a kid to stay. I don't care how many times you hound him, stick close or love him. If he wants to leave he's gonna leave. So stop with the attention getting troll threads or back-up your crap.

Talent is on rise so going forward it must get better. Too many good ones to not get more. The choke job on Etheridge among many must decrease. Dana, Gibby and staff better get after them harder. There will be many studs the next couple years. No more choking to that extent going forward.

Evaluate, recruit earn your big paychecks.

Talent is on rise so going forward it must get better. Too many good ones to not get more. The choke job on Etheridge among many must decrease. Dana, Gibby and staff better get after them harder. There will be many studs the next couple years. No more choking to that extent going forward.

Evaluate, recruit earn your big paychecks.

Etheridge held a WVU offer a full year before Louisville even offered

And Gibby practically LIVED at Capital HS

Just admit to yourself that he didn’t want to be a Mountaineer

Long list of out of state flops that weren’t cut out for this level. Long long long very long list. 50% or more out of state recruits suck or doesn’t last even 2 years at this level. Fact.

If you drop five from the current classes and add five more in-state kids you're talking 7-8 in-state kids in most classes. WVU cannot remotely find success with that much in-state "talent".
Exactly. I want the best talent WVU can get. I don't care whether they grew up in Monongah or Montana. Oh, I'd be proud if a Monongah product was as good at QB as Grier. But talent is more important than which state they played their high school football.

Also, how many West Virginia high school graduates are starters, let alone stars, in Power-5 football schools? How many are starting for Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, for example?

Reactions: TurningClock
Long list of out of state flops that weren’t cut out for this level. Long long long very long list. 50% or more out of state recruits suck or doesn’t last even 2 years at this level. Fact.
Tyrhee Pratt
Kentre Grier

How’d those “sure bet studs” turn out again?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT