ADVERTISEMENT

It's Done

What a slap in the face to lose HC and staff to a f’n non P5. Totally embarrassing! It’s one thing to be a stepping stone to Michigan for football and hoops but friggen Non P5 Houston. Unreal! Lowest athletic point in a very long time.

What a slap in the face to lose HC and staff to a f’n non P5. Totally embarrassing! It’s one thing to be a stepping stone to Michigan for football and hoops but friggen Non P5 Houston. Unreal! Lowest athletic point in a very long time.
Only that was a WV native and WVU alum that left us for Michigan. Now another sucker punch. I’m happy we are moving on though, Holgs wasn’t a great coach. The key is going to be who we hire next. Lyons better get it right, or we are going to be the new Kansas of the Big12 football season.

It's still 2018 in Houston [laughing]

Dana doesn't think like other people. This was a lifestyle decision for him.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Hardly. He left on his own terms. After next season he would have been shown the door in all likelihood. It looks like a mutual parting to me.

I think anyone interested will see it for what it is. I think most of us are ready for a change. I just wanted a defensive change but better this than no change at all.

Pissed if there is a bad hire and there’s some 5 year shitshow.

As much as you try to make it to be a slap, no it's not. It really seems Houston has money and is stupid to attract someone who can't get it done against ranked teams. But nice try.

Naaaaaaa. Thank u to Houston for taking our lame duck coach, letting us off the hook for 6 million, actually giving us a million, AND a new coach. Thank you Houston!

As much as you try to make it to be a slap, no it's not. It really seems Houston has money and is stupid to attract someone who can't get it done against ranked teams. But nice try.

Don’t be so insecure geek. You act like I’d be the only one to question a P5 swiping a coach and staff. Some of you punks are helpless.

You are a clown. You are the only person believing this.

Of course a homer thinks that God forbid a P5 coach goes to Houston isn’t a slap or red flag. You’re the clown.

Pump the brakes. He has coached at Houston previously. He saw the writing on the wall - 2019 was going to be a shit show because he can’t recruit a decent quarterback. The most important position on the entire team and he never got it right in his eight years here.

This is a huge win for WVU. We get rid of him AND get his buyout instead of paying him.

When you think about it, Grier did us a huge favor. We got to see the train wreck of next year coming. A huge chance to start a new chapter in WVU football.

Pump the brakes. He has coached at Houston previously. He saw the writing on the wall - 2019 was going to be a shit show because he can’t recruit a decent quarterback. The most important position on the entire team and he never got it right in his eight years here.

This is a huge win for WVU. We get rid of him AND get his buyout instead of paying him.

When you think about it, Grier did us a huge favor. We got to see the train wreck of next year coming. A huge chance to start a new chapter in WVU football.

Don’t necessarily disagree but hiring the right guy is never a given

If WV thought he was the right guy they would match the offer.
Like I said before...the biggest issue was that with Locksley at Maryland it was going to be hard to pull players out of the DMV.

Tillman Fertitta is worth at least 4 billion.
He owns the Houston Rockets and all Landry's restaurants and hotels. Probably 20 different chains.

The guy will throw money that WV cannot match for a non championship caliber coach
Even as a Power 5 school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT