ADVERTISEMENT

It was fun while it lasted

My life is coming here and speaking the truth.

Some of these people actually think it would have been smart for WVU to take a stand and say that they want to keep a coach who uses his position of power to promote bigoted views

They can't remove politics. Rather a sad time when everything is so political.

On us to turn this bullshit off.
All they are doing is getting people angry so they vote a certain way.

Truthfully I find it disrespectful that they consider us so stupid.
We aren't their puppets. Especially their puppets for things that make zero sense.

A couple of years ago they found an unmarked cemetery in the Houston area.

This was where they threw the dead prison laborers from the Sugarland Plantation.

The ones who died working the sugar fields in the middle of the summer
A lot of them were locked up on laws created by the state to arrest black men for what they called vagrancy.

People who didn't have a job in a place where blacks couldn't get a job.

https://ibw21.org/reparations/a-fate-worse-than-slavery-unearthed-in-sugar-land/
This is why Black Lives should Matter because a lot of time they didn't.

You can leave anytime you want.

Definitely cutting my donations from everything WVU related and re-directing my discretionary time to other activities, which will not include WVU sports...attendance or viewership.

Also will not renew my WVU alumni Association membership, which is mostly a joke anyways and is just an additional yearly donation.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Definitely cutting my donations from everything WVU related and re-directing my discretionary time to other activities, which will not include WVU sports...attendance or viewership.

Also will not renew my WVU alumni Association membership, which is mostly a joke anyways and is just an additional yearly donation.

George Soros running things now

Maybe they are right. Soros taking over the world.

My life is coming here and speaking the truth.

Some of these people actually think it would have been smart for WVU to take a stand and say that they want to keep a coach who uses his position of power to promote bigoted views

They can't remove politics. Rather a sad time when everything is so political.

On us to turn this bullshit off.
All they are doing is getting people angry so they vote a certain way.

Truthfully I find it disrespectful that they consider us so stupid.
We aren't their puppets. Especially their puppets for things that make zero sense.

A couple of years ago they found an unmarked cemetery in the Houston area.

This was where they threw the dead prison laborers from the Sugarland Plantation.

The ones who died working the sugar fields in the middle of the summer
A lot of them were locked up on laws created by the state to arrest black men for what they called vagrancy.

People who didn't have a job in a place where blacks couldn't get a job.

https://ibw21.org/reparations/a-fate-worse-than-slavery-unearthed-in-sugar-land/
This is why Black Lives should Matter because a lot of time they didn't.

“Your life” is a very sad story son. And........no one cares what you think.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Folks wont admit it, but besides Huggins, DH was the most real WVU coach we had....he was quirky and flawed but he got WVU and was just like us.

He actually accepted WVU because we were one of the few places who could accept him.

Right now we have an Athletic Department floating without a paddle. Huggins will be gone soon, and with him goes the old WVU...and make no mistake, the AD office wants him to retire.

They are waiting him out...but if a KM situation pops up, they will screw his ass harder than you can imagine. Lyings has Huggins on his radar and is searching for a reason to "force" him to retire.

Folks wont admit it, but besides Huggins, DH was the most real WVU coach we had....he was quirky and flawed but he got WVU and was just like us.

He actually accepted WVU because we were one of the few places who could accept him.

Right now we have an Athletic Department floating without a paddle. Huggins will he gone soon, and with him goes the old WVU...and make no mistake, the AD office wants him to retire.

Id replace Lyons with Huggins for AD, and I see your point with Dana. He had that wild streak when he got here and we were the step-child of the Big 12 when we got there after the
last season of the Big East and we wanted to do things our way. We had the coach who chugged Red Bull’s and gambled and was unapologetic about it. Dana lost that spark with Lyons coming in and then you had media such as Hoppy Kerchival taking shots at Dana every chance they could get.

Id replace Lyons with Huggins for AD, and I see your point with Dana. He had that wild streak when he got here and we were the step-child of the Big 12 when we got there after the
last season of the Big East and we wanted to do things our way. We had the coach who chugged Red Bull’s and gambled and was unapologetic about it. Dana lost that spark with Lyons coming in and then you had media such as Hoppy Kerchival taking shots at Dana every chance they could get.

I will never defend DH as a great coach. But I thought he was a good coach, who was better than many of our fans understood.

Shame Lyings was maneuvering to get rid of him the day he stepped on campus - and DH completely embarrassed him on his extension....he totally out played him. Shame leaked details of the negotiation to damage DH and DH shoved a 10 win dick down Shame's throat....

And when it was obvious it was over, DH took a better deal and moved....Shame never got the better of that relationship - ever.

DH was smarter than him, and he always showed it.

Reactions: Mystic Mountie
I will never defend DH as a great coach. But I thought he was a good coach, who was better than many of our fans understood.

Shame Lyings was maneuvering to get rid of him the day he stepped on campus - and DH completely embarrassed him on his extension....he totally out played him. Shame leaked details of the negotiation to damage DH and DH shoved a 10 win dick down Shame's throat....

And when it was obvious it was over, DH took a better deal and moved....Shame never got the better of that relationship - ever.

DH was smarter than him, and he always showed it.

True.

My past post history will show that I soured on DH when he would refuse to make coaching staff changes. That’s why I love Rich Rod. He was loyal to WV, rose the program to new heights in the BCS era, and who knows what could have happened if we would have given him more of his demands. We were tough up front and would just run down your throat and catch you on your heels with a PA pass. Rod never was able to fit in anywhere else as good as he did in WV.
Unfortunately it was a bad marriage at the end with 2 people in the perfect place for each other.

True.

My past post history will show that I soured on DH when he would refuse to make coaching staff changes. That’s why I love Rich Rod. He was loyal to WV, rose the program to new heights in the BCS era, and who knows what could have happened if we would have given him more of his demands. We were tough up front and would just run down your throat and catch you on your heels with a PA pass. Rod never was able to fit in anywhere else as good as he did in WV.
Unfortunately it was a bad marriage at the end with 2 people in the perfect place for each other.

We had a moment. A real opportunity to win and we were the best team and we lost to Pitt.

The program never recovered.

If we beat Pitt, lots of things change. We haven't been a United fan base since 13-9.

Stew, DH...now NB.

People complain about the Orange Bowl and how Clemson skyrocketed and we didn't.....2007 was our skyrocket and we missed it.

Right now we have an Athletic Department floating without a paddle. Huggins will be gone soon, and with him goes the old WVU...and make no mistake, the AD office wants him to retire.

They are waiting him out...but if a KM situation pops up, they will screw his ass harder than you can imagine. Lyings has Huggins on his radar and is searching for a reason to "force" him to retire.

You think had this happend under Dana's watch it turns out any different? The AD would still be the same and still hold make the ultimate decision.

I think folks are just feeling like sports arent fun anymore. The politics, the constant stories about player behavior, the sports media using hot topic issues to put a wedge between fans to generate ratings, social media stupidity, absurd costs, ect.

They aren't an escape. They are just another stressor.

unfortunate and true

Huggs is the last line of defense for what WVU was. He would be 8x the AD Lyons is. He loves what WV represents...not just WVU.

unfortunate and true

Huggs is the last line of defense for what WVU was. He would be 8x the AD Lyons is. He loves what WV represents...not just WVU.

It wouldn't matter who is AD. or coach. With the progressive liberal antifa loving BLM appeasers running the university it will only get worse. If professors had to get a real job they might think differently.

Still hurts your recruiting...

Only thing BLM has done is politicize young black men.

But in the end it comes down to can your coach recruit or not

Sometimes things aren't what they seem.

We have been though this before
1) VK messes with Pitts and Martin
2) Pitts complains to Neal Brown
3) Pitts transfers to Marshall
4) Pitts runs his mouth about Vic Koenning during a time when people are looking at racial issues

How everything went down was much better than if a report came outside of the program.

Who knows why Martin went to Twitter

On the surface it looks like he used Twitter to complain about a coach.

But that is disregarding the program itself.
Acting like the program is not being ran correctly.

If I would have to bet. I say the coaching staff knew the Martin was going to make the post on Twitter before it happened.

I think folks are just feeling like sports arent fun anymore. The politics, the constant stories about player behavior, the sports media using hot topic issues to put a wedge between fans to generate ratings, social media stupidity, absurd costs, ect.

They aren't an escape. They are just another stressor.

That's true and it's the result of politicians using cheap tactics to score political victories over the last 3-4 decades. Politics should be a tiny portion of your daily life just as the POTUS should be less important than who your governor or mayor is. Unfortunately now politics are people's identity and the opposition is not just disagreeing with you but rather attacking who you are. They are not only those with differing opinions, but rather evil doers that seek to oppress you somehow. Now it's not enough to be neutral, but you must now prove you are not in opposition lest you be presumed to be an adversary that must be taken down.

Reactions: Rootmaster
That's true and it's the result of politicians using cheap tactics to score political victories over the last 3-4 decades. Politics should be a tiny portion of your daily life just as the POTUS should be less important than who your governor or mayor is. Unfortunately now politics are people's identity and the opposition is not just disagreeing with you but rather attacking who you are. They are not only those with differing opinions, but rather evil doers that seek to oppress you somehow. Now it's not enough to be neutral, but you must now prove you are not in opposition lest you be presumed to be an adversary that must be taken down.

Media....

We are who we listen to.
Ultimately the issue is because of social media and the internet who we listen to has changed. A lot of more on the extremes
Partisanship hit the gas in the 1990's because of talk radio and hasn't looked back.

Does the herd need safeties? Funny thing about the public domain, everyone now sees how you handle your business. If I were a possible transfer destination I’d worry I was bringing in a KM Kaperdick.

You do know programs are more player controlled..
This is increasing.

Miami changed things in the 1980's and a lot of programs were forced to change.
It is a delicate balance.

But this idea of the 1950's and 1960's where the coach is an authoritarian is out of the window unless they can manipulate the players into believing they have power when they don't have any
Those are the coaches who win today.
Saban, Dabo and Urban Meyer

Interested in if Martin did this on his own or if he even told any of the coaches

The idea that none of the coaches knowing is hard to believe.
Especially with what I saw at Troy with Neal Brown

The idea that Martin didn't tell a single person before he made that tweet is hard to believe

All teams have leadership. You have captains. Older players. Top down approach.
Similar to the military. When you go through any military training you have leaders.

Need leadership with any sport that you need war like unity.

Some people talk like they have been around the sport but they never have.

There is nothing wrong with opposing BLM. BLM has a website and charter that includes leaders who are admitted Marxists and a bunch of irrelevant far left ideology like divestment in Isreal, dissolution of the nuclear family, fostering the idea that large swathes of the US are vehemently racist, etc... BLM is just using a well known tactic where you use a label that is very palatable and then push as much extraneous garbage under that umbrella as possible. It's like if I were to create a "We love puppies" movement that includes a ridiculous tax on people with other pets. Then when someone opposes me based upon the bullshit in my platform, I can just claim that they "must not love puppies." I agree with the statement that black lives matter. But I will never say it in association with that movement because I refuse to give validity to their presumptions such as the foundation of the American system is racist which cannot be fixed and thus must be torn down.
You nailed it Bell Tolls. BLM M/O is right out of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The 3 BLM founders are female. One is an admitted Marxist. Another is a lesbian pushing for open borders. Another for hiring quotas. All 3 are pushing far left agendas that have little to do with curbing treatment of blacks by law enforcement. Isn't that what started all of this?

This is America and we have free speech. So the kids can say what they want but not the coaches? Pitts can hype up the Muslim religion but Vic cant hype the Christian religion? All this is doing is making the kids weaker and society weaker. We just lost the best DC in the Big 12 because he spoke his opinions. Do they not teach kids what an opinion is in school these days? Did Vic tell Pitts he must convert or else? Get real man. This is some of the biggest wimphood the world has ever seen in its entire history. If you are alive today, that is only true because somewhere in your family way way back, a man stood on a field of battle with nothing but a sword and a shield. But now we cant even accept other peoples opinions without boohoo whiney lets take to twitter whaaaa :eek:. Our ancestors are rolling in their graves watching weakness like this actually get promoted as if it should be mainstream thinking. I have negative respect for any ball-less girly man who supports this garbage. Grow a pair

Im over the sports. All of it until they earn me back which may never happen. Watching some games used to be a way to escape the idiocy of certain political platforms or lackthereof. It is no longer that. Its politicized and wussified now. You just cant escape these dramatic little wimps anymore. I have zero respect for grown men who act like very young little girls.
Is Pitts not past history? Why extend to him continued power over an institutional where he, in reality, has NO power? If Mr. Martin wishes to become a surrogate for Mr. Pitts then his status should change to become exactly the same. Really gets tiring having to deal with all the potential areas of potential offense under constant invention by those so very interested in being offended. Why are so many so willing to bestow such power to whimpering anarchists?

You nailed it Bell Tolls. BLM M/O is right out of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. The 3 BLM founders are female. One is an admitted Marxist. Another is a lesbian pushing for open borders. Another for hiring quotas. All 3 are pushing far left agendas that have little to do with curbing treatment of blacks by law enforcement. Isn't that what started all of this?

No. Agree or not, what started this was Trump’s Impeachment not succeeding. The 1% of bad cops is no different or worse now than it was from 2008-2016.

if Biden wins, it will be as if the bulk of the past several months ( BLM riots/looting, Wuhanvirus shutdowns, Murder Hornets, etc) will be suddenly presented in a much better spin, even if the actual facts don’t fundamentally change.

Reactions: JWG66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT