ADVERTISEMENT

It has taken me a long time to get to this point, but

Well that was big of you. I hope you can lead a relatively stable life despite your tendency to live in chaos.

The difference between your altered post and my altered post is that mine is true and yours is false.
But that won't stop you. So have at it.

Further, I strongly suspect that you have communication problems with other people in your life. Maybe some kind of professional help is in order?

Vernon really should lock up this thread and let it slide back to where it was brought from.

And yet further ..... Why is a Tar Heels fan taking up so much space on this board (still5-0vsTarHeels)?

And yet further ..... Why is a Tar Heels fan taking up so much space on this board (still5-0vsTarHeels)?
West Virginia is 5-0 verses the Tar Heels in men's basketball. Having that as my board name makes me a Tar Heels fan in what way? I got a BS in Civil Engineering from WVU. Did you graduate from WVU? My guess would be no.

You were not right about the direction of basketball program last year as we made our run. It is on full display for all to read so it is not surprising why you want to lock this thread. I have no issues with communication in my life. Been married for 30 years, have my own business with 22 employees and we are having a killer start to 2016. I choose to be more positive about WVU and its programs than you. It ebbs and flows and some down years are to be expected. It is surprising to see you posting as most of the time you wait till we lose to spread your negativity.

Did you know with the win at Baylor, Bob Huggins now has 9 road wins against ranked teams, the most in WVU history. In 9 seasons, he will have lead the Mounties to 7 NCAA tournaments. That is the mark of a extremely stable program.

I have no doubt that your degree is in BS.

And was that comment made last year while we "made our run" or was it made before the run and after two far less than stellar seasons? It really does make a difference.

Like I said ... I have no doubt that your degree is in BS.
Remind me to never drive across a bridge that you had anything to do with.

And ... you're not a good guesser.

Really .... you're an engineer? You're not very logical.

Why don't you quit before you make an even bigger fool of yourself?

I have no doubt that your degree is in BS.

And was that comment made last year while we "made our run" or was it made before the run and after two far less than stellar seasons? It really does make a difference.

Like I said ... I have no doubt that your degree is in BS.
Remind me to never drive across a bridge that you had anything to do with.

And ... you're not a good guesser.

Really .... you're an engineer? You're not very logical.

Why don't you quit before you make an even bigger fool of yourself?

You mad Hurdy. Really, trying to talk smack about me being an engineer? BS is Bachelor in Science by the way. You know 4 semesters of calculus, 2 of physics and a boat load of engineering courses. After every lose last year you posted your negativity. The more we won the less you posted.

Here is one from page 1 of this thread. After we lost to Iowa State on the road that put us at 19-6. I don't think you posted for awhile after the next game.

We lose two senior guards next year. And these are guys who actually played 3 & 4 years for Huggs. That's a rarity these days. I don't see next year as an automatic 20 win team. Not at all.
If we can't have an effective half-court offense with two senior guards who are quality players I don't think we'll ever have one. Maybe a DeSean Butler comes along and hits some game winning shots to get us over the hump. But don't hold your breath.
I think the writing is on the wall. Ollie did well to get out of town before he had to deal with this train wreck.

This train wreak just finished 2nd in the second highest rated league in conference RPI since 2000. Top 10 with loads of quality wins. Not to mention a sweet 16 in 2015. Perhaps you are not good at guessing. Early in 2015 we played games without our seniors and won. The signs of greatness were there to see to anyone not blinded by their bias and ignorance.

If you want the thread to die don't kept it alive. It is in your best interest.

You mad Hurdy. Really, trying to talk smack about me being an engineer? BS is Bachelor in Science by the way. You know 4 semesters of calculus, 2 of physics and a boat load of engineering courses. After every lose last year you posted your negativity. The more we won the less you posted.

Here is one from page 1 of this thread. After we lost to Iowa State on the road that put us at 19-6. I don't think you posted for awhile after the next game.

This train wreak just finished 2nd in the second highest rated league in conference RPI since 2000. Top 10 with loads of quality wins. Not to mention a sweet 16 in 2015. Perhaps you are not good at guessing. Early in 2015 we played games without our seniors and won. The signs of greatness were there to see to anyone not blinded by their bias and ignorance.

If you want the thread to die don't kept it alive. It is in your best interest.

The word is "wreck." w-r-e-c-k.

When is it that you actually figure out that I have admitted, numerous times, to having had serious doubts and reservations about Huggs? I mean ... it's not like I have denied it or that I am hiding from it.

You're not exposing me or nailing me for anything. I have no problem with anything that I have said about Huggs in the past.

So ... on the one hand I admit that I have had serious reservations about Huggs (you know, the coach who was fired from Cincy) and on the other hand I have repeatedly, this year in different threads, congratulated Huggs for turning things around and having a great season. I have also said, not so much lately because I have been very busy, several times this year that our guard play has been much improved. I have criticized Huggs in the past because I often find the play of his guards to be frustrating.

You really think that I don't know what a Bachelor of Science degree is? And I know well what an engineer studies as I have come from a family of engineers. But I'm pretty sure that none of them were as foolish as you.

I don't care if the thread dies. If you want to keep resurrecting it I may get around to detailing why people have had reservations about Huggs. Did you hear the one about his player at Cincy who was arrested for punching a police horse? Yeah ... the charges were dropped. But the fact remains that the guy was initially charged for punching a police horse. Who recruits a player like that. That doesn't happen for no reason. Or would you like me to resurrect the tweets from coaches with names who were in attendance at the coaching clinic when Huggs was drunk while presenting?

Or maybe you can just shut-up, be happy that Huggs has turned it around (You know .... Huggs, the coach who admitted that he had to fix things), and hope that things remain relatively stable until he retires.

Huggs admitted that he had to fix things. He has. He is to be congratulated.
Now its time for you to fix things.

The word is "wreck." w-r-e-c-k.

When is it that you actually figure out that I have admitted, numerous times, to having had serious doubts and reservations about Huggs? I mean ... it's not like I have denied it or that I am hiding from it.

You're not exposing me or nailing me for anything. I have no problem with anything that I have said about Huggs in the past.

So ... on the one hand I admit that I have had serious reservations about Huggs (you know, the coach who was fired from Cincy) and on the other hand I have repeatedly, this year in different threads, congratulated Huggs for turning things around and having a great season. I have also said, not so much lately because I have been very busy, several times this year that our guard play has been much improved. I have criticized Huggs in the past because I often find the play of his guards to be frustrating.

You really think that I don't know what a Bachelor of Science degree is? And I know well what an engineer studies as I have come from a family of engineers. But I'm pretty sure that none of them were as foolish as you.

I don't care if the thread dies. If you want to keep resurrecting it I may get around to detailing why people have had reservations about Huggs. Did you hear the one about his player at Cincy who was arrested for punching a police horse? Yeah ... the charges were dropped. But the fact remains that the guy was initially charged for punching a police horse. Who recruits a player like that. That doesn't happen for no reason. Or would you like me to resurrect the tweets from coaches with names who were in attendance at the coaching clinic when Huggs was drunk while presenting?

Or maybe you can just shut-up, be happy that Huggs has turned it around (You know .... Huggs, the coach who admitted that he had to fix things), and hope that things remain relatively stable until he retires.

Huggs admitted that he had to fix things. He has. He is to be congratulated.
Now its time for you to fix things.

Yep the train w e r c k just never materialized but deflect all you want. Most Mountaineer fans including myself are very happy where the program is headed. Continue making a fool of yourself all you want, I could care less.

Yep the train w e r c k just never materialized but deflect all you want. Most Mountaineer fans including myself are very happy where the program is headed. Continue making a fool of yourself all you want, I could care less.

Deflect? Deflect what?

I am pleased that Huggs turned it around. I have said this many times.
Huggs said that his program needed fixing and he has fixed it. He is to be congratulated.

Get it? Even Huggs admitted things were a mess. HUGGS SAID HIS PROGRAM NEEDED FIXING!
But he is to be congratulated for fixing his mess.

The only thing around here that needs deflecting is your thought process. I find it very disturbing.
Take a deep breath. Exhale. And just stop this foolishness. Maybe Vernon will close this thread before you have another chance to demonstrate your foolishness.

Deflect? Deflect what?

I am pleased that Huggs turned it around. I have said this many times.
Huggs said that his program needed fixing and he has fixed it. He is to be congratulated.

Get it? Even Huggs admitted things were a mess. HUGGS SAID HIS PROGRAM NEEDED FIXING!
But he is to be congratulated for fixing his mess.

The only thing around here that needs deflecting is your thought process. I find it very disturbing.
Take a deep breath. Exhale. And just stop this foolishness. Maybe Vernon will close this thread before you have another chance to demonstrate your foolishness.
Train wreck when we were at 19-6 and ranked 21 and I am the fool? Wow, if that makes you feel better. But hey I am so glad you have found some happiness with the team's success.

Train wreck when we were at 19-6 and ranked 21 and I am the fool? Wow, if that makes you feel better. But hey I am so glad you have found some happiness with the team's success.

Huggs himself said that his program needed to be fixed. Why would he say that if it wasn't broken?
He is to be congratulated for fixing it.

Huggs himself said that his program needed to be fixed. Why would he say that if it wasn't broken?
He is to be congratulated for fixing it.
That is you from the middle of February of 2015 not from 2013. Being in the top 25 is not a train wreck in the eyes of any reasonable observer. But whatever he has them humming now and nice to see you on the band wagon.

That is you from the middle of February of 2015 not from 2013. Being in the top 25 is not a train wreck in the eyes of any reasonable observer. But whatever he has them humming now and nice to see you on the band wagon.

If your point is that I was late to the party of actually believing that Huggs turned it around then I have no problem with that. But that has not been your agenda. You have engaged in mindless attacks on people who have questioned Huggs from time to time.

This year's team? I honestly did not see it coming. But then, neither did the B12 coaches who picked us to finish in 6th place. I have no problem keeping company with "a$$hats" like that.

The fact is that I was not convinced that Huggs actually "fixed" things until this year.

Given the circus nature of Huggs program from time to time it is not at all unreasonable for someone to have doubts about him actually stabilizing things. Even though the team was ranked at the time of the post you obsess about I was not convinced he had actually turned things around stability wise.

As I have said, like the Big12 coaches, I did not see this year coming. And like Huggs, a couple of years ago, I believed his program to be a mess.

Huggs said his program needed fixing. It needed fixing because it was broken (a mess, a train wreck, chaotic (choose your own descriptor)). Huggs has apparently fixed it. Let's hope that relative stability continues until he retires.

PS: I am not a bandwagon fan. I've been a fan for better or worse for 35+ years now. So quit trying to characterize me. You've been wrong from the beginning and you need to stop now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orlaco
If your point is that I was late to the party of actually believing that Huggs turned it around then I have no problem with that. But that has not been your agenda. You have engaged in mindless attacks on people who have questioned Huggs from time to time.

This year's team? I honestly did not see it coming. But then, neither did the B12 coaches who picked us to finish in 6th place. I have no problem keeping company with "a$$hats" like that.

The fact is that I was not convinced that Huggs actually "fixed" things until this year.

Given the circus nature of Huggs program from time to time it is not at all unreasonable for someone to have doubts about him actually stabilizing things. Even though the team was ranked at the time of the post you obsess about I was not convinced he had actually turned things around stability wise.

As I have said, like the Big12 coaches, I did not see this year coming. And like Huggs, a couple of years ago, I believed his program to be a mess.

Huggs said his program needed fixing. It needed fixing because it was broken (a mess, a train wreck, chaotic (choose your own descriptor)). Huggs has apparently fixed it. Let's hope that relative stability continues until he retires.

PS: I am not a bandwagon fan. I've been a fan for better or worse for 35+ years now. So quit trying to characterize me. You've been wrong from the beginning and you need to stop now.

Well I hope you feel better and can find enjoyment in the rest of the season.

Well I hope you feel better and can find enjoyment in the rest of the season.

I feel the same as I did before your misguided posting began. You need to quit deflecting from your ineffective and misguided posting by making this about me. It's not about me. It's about your misguided venture.

I gave you an opportunity to strike a reasonable position when I previously suggested you take the following tack:

Look .... I know that Huggs has had his problems. But I always believed in him. He never quit as a player and I don't see him quitting as a coach even if he creates some problems for himself. I, like others, have always had faith that Huggs would pull it together. But I guess I can see how some could have had their doubts about Huggs at different times. But for those of us who have kept faith in him our faith has been rewarded.

And frankly, as much as Hurdy ticks me off, I think he is right that rather than seeking vindication for having faith in Huggs, we should be happy about the state of things right now and hope that Huggs keeps it going until he retires. We don't need anymore of those chaotic chapters in Huggs story.

You need to adopt a very similar attitude (and frankly, if you have any integrity, you should apologize for your misguided attacks) and if you are not going to do that you just need to be quiet.

I feel the same as I did before your misguided posting began. You need to quit deflecting from your ineffective and misguided posting by making this about me. It's not about me. It's about your misguided venture.

I gave you an opportunity to strike a reasonable position when I previously suggested you take the following tack:

Look .... I know that Huggs has had his problems. But I always believed in him. He never quit as a player and I don't see him quitting as a coach even if he creates some problems for himself. I, like others, have always had faith that Huggs would pull it together. But I guess I can see how some could have had their doubts about Huggs at different times. But for those of us who have kept faith in him our faith has been rewarded.

And frankly, as much as Hurdy ticks me off, I think he is right that rather than seeking vindication for having faith in Huggs, we should be happy about the state of things right now and hope that Huggs keeps it going until he retires. We don't need anymore of those chaotic chapters in Huggs story.

You need to adopt a very similar attitude (and frankly, if you have any integrity, you should apologize for your misguided attacks) and if you are not going to do that you just need to be quiet.

I pretty much ignored your rancid crap fest that was your last post. Evidently I have hit to close to home calling you out on your classless posts so you just can't let go. But no you want to double down and expect me to apologize. You think that you should speak for me and perhaps for this whole board. Well aren't you full of yourself.

So here we are getting ready to go to our 7th NCAA tourney in 9 years and I am suppose to jump on the Hurdy bandwagon of backhanded compliments and classless post running down our coach? No, I can think for myself and it has served me well. I am happy that we have Huggs as a coach. I am happy that 31 of 32 of his players graduated since he has been here. I am happy that we have a strong team playing great ball at the right time. And I am excited to that we will have another great team next year.

If you want to continue to show your lack of class and your overall negativity, that is your choice. I choose to enjoy mountaineer sports.

I pretty much ignored your rancid crap fest that was your last post. Evidently I have hit to close to home calling you out on your classless posts so you just can't let go. But no you want to double down and expect me to apologize. You think that you should speak for me and perhaps for this whole board. Well aren't you full of yourself.

So here we are getting ready to go to our 7th NCAA tourney in 9 years and I am suppose to jump on the Hurdy bandwagon of backhanded compliments and classless post running down our coach? No, I can think for myself and it has served me well. I am happy that we have Huggs as a coach. I am happy that 31 of 32 of his players graduated since he has been here. I am happy that we have a strong team playing great ball at the right time. And I am excited to that we will have another great team next year.

If you want to continue to show your lack of class and your overall negativity, that is your choice. I choose to enjoy mountaineer sports.

You really should adopt a more respectful tone or say nothing at all.

You have to earn respect. You have certainly not earned it from me.

I'm not trying to earn your respect. I could not care less whether you respect me or not.

But one would think that you have enough respect for Bob Huggins that you would quit your misguided venture and call it a day.

But you're not really interested in that. You only want to have the last word when in fact you have proven over and over that you have no word at all .... unless you adopt a respectful tone toward Huggs and agree that it actually is a very reasonable position to hope that Huggs has a relatively stable program until he retires.

You need to either adopt a respectful tone or be quiet.

You just can't let it be.
I'm not trying to earn your respect. I could not care less whether you respect me or not.

But one would think that you have enough respect for Bob Huggins that you would quit your misguided venture and call it a day.

But you're not really interested in that. You only want to have the last word when in fact you have proven over and over that you have no word at all .... unless you adopt a respectful tone toward Huggs and agree that it actually is a very reasonable position to hope that Huggs has a relatively stable program until he retires.

You need to either adopt a respectful tone or be quiet.
You spend 2 1/2 years being classless and disrespectful to our coach and I am the one who needs to be respectful. OK then.

With all due respect, you have been wrong about Huggs and I certainly hope you can find enjoyment in the continued success of our stable highly ranked and respected basketball program. I certainly know I will.

You just can't let it be.

You spend 2 1/2 years being classless and disrespectful to our coach and I am the one who needs to be respectful. OK then.

With all due respect, you have been wrong about Huggs and I certainly hope you can find enjoyment in the continued success of our stable highly ranked and respected basketball program. I certainly know I will.

I have not been wrong about Huggs. A few years ago I said unless things stabilized there would be a slowly increasing uproar over the bball program. That actually happened.

Huggs himself said his program needed fixing. If I was wrong, I was late to the party in agreeing that it was fixed.

It's clear ..... you are not interested in truth and your desire to win an argument is greater than your respect for Huggs. I might actually have more respect for him than you do. You've only been on a fruitless witch hunt and no reasonable response has been effective with you.

You are mindless and I can't change that. Maybe you have a friend or two that can help you see the light.

So have it and placate yourself. That is the only thing you are interested in.

I have not been wrong about Huggs. A few years ago I said unless things stabilized there would be a slowly increasing uproar over the bball program. That actually happened.

Huggs himself said his program needed fixing. If I was wrong, I was late to the party in agreeing that it was fixed.

It's clear ..... you are not interested in truth and your desire to win an argument is greater than your respect for Huggs. I might actually have more respect for him than you do. You've only been on a fruitless witch hunt and no reasonable response has been effective with you.

You are mindless and I can't change that. Maybe you have a friend or two that can help you see the light.

So have it and placate yourself. That is the only thing you are interested in.
I have great respect for Huggs. It is nice to see he has earned your respect as well. I hope you have a nice day and enjoy these upcoming tourney games.

I'm happy and I love Huggs!

"A few years ago I said unless things stabilized there would be a slowly increasing uproar over the bball program."

lol.....................

some real revisionist history going on right here, folks...

"A few years ago I said unless things stabilized there would be a slowly increasing uproar over the bball program."

lol.....................

some real revisionist history going on right here, folks...

It figures that you would wait until I bow out to join in.
You are simply a liar. And that is that.

Like I have said in this thread, and other threads on this board in recent weeks, let's hope that Huggs can maintain relative stability until he retires.

"a growing descent is forming in Morgantown against Bob Huggins and donors have had enough"

actual history...

"a growing descent is forming in Morgantown against Bob Huggins and donors have had enough"

actual history...

Uh ... is that supposed to be a quote by me? I actually know the difference between "dissent" and "descent." Apparently you do not.

I'm not going to play your game. You've proven time and again that you will say anything and that you will tell outright lies. You'll do anything too ... like fabricate posts on obscure chat boards. People should remember that Keaton has claimed to be an IT professional.

I never said those actual words. So if you, Keaton, feel the need to tell lies about me and create weird posts on obscure chat boards ... then have it.

I have no time for a liar like you.

Let's hope that Huggs can maintain the relative stability of his program until he retires. .... because if he doesn't people like Keaton and Still will have a lot of egg on their face.

I am finally ready for a complete overhaul in the basketball program. This is very difficult for me because I loved Huggs as a player, I've loved him as a coach, and I think he's been a great Mountaineer, West Virginian, and person. It's time for a change though.

I think overall he has done a marvelous job getting this team to 19 wins so far, and eventually probably 21 or 22. This team has a lot of holes, and the only way to hide those holes is to play exactly the way we do - balls to the wall, 94 ft, in your face, and win ugly. This is the ONLY way this team can win. We can't shoot anywhere (3's, 2's, FT's, and worst team I've ever seen scoring at the rim), we are awful at passing the ball, our 1/2 court offense is just atrocious, and we can't defend in the 1/2 court. So the only chance is to turn people over and create enough offense out of our defense to win. Against equal or lesser teams that has been enough, but all of our weaknesses are now being exposed by better teams and that formula for success just won't get it.
So what is the answer? Getting better players - Huggins has said as much. He's right. The problem is he's not going to get them. The game has changed, players have changed, and Huggs is a dinosaur. His coaching style is incompatible with those changes and the best players just don't want to be treated the way he treats his players. What could be excused in the past as intensity on his part is now just embarrassing and boorish - Huggs has become a caricature of himself. It hurts to see that. This team plays hard and has exceeded most people's expectations, but one only needs to look at the players faces to see the cumulative effect of his coaching. This team looks exhausted emotionally, and combine that with the physical exhaustion that comes from the season-long frenetic pace with which they have played, and you have a team that is done.
This team will probably be better next year, assuming all the principle players return, and will probably win 20 again, but if winning a B12 championship or NC is the goal, it's not going to happen. You can win games with X's and O's, but you have to have the Jimmies and Joes to win championships and/or compete at the very highest level. Huggs can't get those players to Morgantown. It embarrasses me to watch him on the sideline anymore. I don't want him fired, but I hope he retires. He's earned the right to go out out on his own terms, and I hope he does that before his legacy becomes tarnished.

This post was edited on 2/15 2:59 PM by mountainEERnation

Still true, still stand by it.

ADVERTISEMENT