ADVERTISEMENT

It has taken me a long time to get to this point, but

Like I said earlier, let's revisit this conversation about the facts that I presented - and you refuse to recognize - in 4 or 5 weeks.

Later.
Is getting to the sweet 16 not good enough? And what type of classes are you expecting in Morgantown??? (Without NCAA violations that is)

Ok....dude

Apparently you aren't capable of basic comprehension either - dude.

Still no one is able to refute the facts I posted - dude

I love how you ignored my post above but since you have to be further humiliated here goes.

Can't shoot.
Can't shoot FT's.
Pass poorly
Inefficient 1/2 court offense.
Have to play 94 ft in order to create offense from our defense.
I said we would be better this year, and we are.
Huggins is a dinosaur as a coach.

Irrefutable

Can't shoot FT's This is your opinion. A fact would be we shot 66.1% from the line.

Pass poorly. This is an opinion. A fact would be they averaged 13 turnovers a game.

Inefficient 1/2 court defense is an opinion. A fact would look something like this. We gave up 1.2 points per
possession where a shot was taken.

Have to play 94 feet in order to create offense from defense. This is once again an opinion. Against K-state Huggs went to a 1 3 1 defense and scrapped the press. We scored and won.

But is a coach who took his team to the sweet sixteen, is now 17-3. ranked 9 and is in first place in the best conference a dinosaur. Your opinion is that he is. Mine is that he is not.

You have no facts for anyone to dispute only your opinions. Irrefutable that you do not know the difference between your opinions and actual facts.

I love how you ignored my post above but since you have to be further humiliated here goes.

Can't shoot FT's This is your opinion. A fact would be we shot 66.1% from the line.

Pass poorly. This is an opinion. A fact would be they averaged 13 turnovers a game.

Inefficient 1/2 court defense is an opinion. A fact would look something like this. We gave up 1.2 points per
possession where a shot was taken.

Have to play 94 feet in order to create offense from defense. This is once again an opinion. Against K-state Huggs went to a 1 3 1 defense and scrapped the press. We scored and won.

But is a coach who took his team to the sweet sixteen, is now 17-3. ranked 9 and is in first place in the best conference a dinosaur. Your opinion is that he is. Mine is that he is not.

You have no facts for anyone to dispute only your opinions. Irrefutable that you do not know the difference between your opinions and actual facts.

1) 66% FT sucks. Fact.
2) avg 15 turnovers per game. Fact.
3) I said inefficient 1/2 OFFENSE. Fact
4) our press is our bread and butter - ask anyone. Better yet, watch a game. Fact.
5) His coaching style is old school, and yes he is part of a dying breed. Fact

1) 66% FT sucks. Fact.
2) avg 15 turnovers per game. Fact.
3) I said inefficient 1/2 OFFENSE. Fact
4) our press is our bread and butter - ask anyone. Better yet, watch a game. Fact.
5) His coaching style is old school, and yes he is part of a dying breed. Fact
The fact is you offer opinions not facts. And for the most part your opinions are a rancid crap fest. Now that is irrefutable.

Actually I think 21 is the ceiling, and no that won't get us in the dance with a first round exit in the B12 tourney.
And yes, I think he should retire, and no, I don't think he's our best chance at a NC ( although I used to think he was)

This post was edited on 2/15 4:48 PM by mountainEERnation

Well you are absolutely wrong. We will never win a NC because we will never get the recruits necessary. I don't care who the coach is, it will not happen. You might as well enjoy what Huggs gives us because it is the best you will ever see. I wasn't around for our first trip to the final four but I'm sure the ones who were and witnessed the second trip realize what a rarity it is for us to have a really good run.

I am finally ready for a complete overhaul in the basketball program. This is very difficult for me because I loved Huggs as a player, I've loved him as a coach, and I think he's been a great Mountaineer, West Virginian, and person. It's time for a change though.

I think overall he has done a marvelous job getting this team to 19 wins so far, and eventually probably 21 or 22. This team has a lot of holes, and the only way to hide those holes is to play exactly the way we do - balls to the wall, 94 ft, in your face, and win ugly. This is the ONLY way this team can win. We can't shoot anywhere (3's, 2's, FT's, and worst team I've ever seen scoring at the rim), we are awful at passing the ball, our 1/2 court offense is just atrocious, and we can't defend in the 1/2 court. So the only chance is to turn people over and create enough offense out of our defense to win. Against equal or lesser teams that has been enough, but all of our weaknesses are now being exposed by better teams and that formula for success just won't get it.
So what is the answer? Getting better players - Huggins has said as much. He's right. The problem is he's not going to get them. The game has changed, players have changed, and Huggs is a dinosaur. His coaching style is incompatible with those changes and the best players just don't want to be treated the way he treats his players. What could be excused in the past as intensity on his part is now just embarrassing and boorish - Huggs has become a caricature of himself. It hurts to see that. This team plays hard and has exceeded most people's expectations, but one only needs to look at the players faces to see the cumulative effect of his coaching. This team looks exhausted emotionally, and combine that with the physical exhaustion that comes from the season-long frenetic pace with which they have played, and you have a team that is done.
This team will probably be better next year, assuming all the principle players return, and will probably win 20 again, but if winning a B12 championship or NC is the goal, it's not going to happen. You can win games with X's and O's, but you have to have the Jimmies and Joes to win championships and/or compete at the very highest level. Huggs can't get those players to Morgantown. It embarrasses me to watch him on the sideline anymore. I don't want him fired, but I hope he retires. He's earned the right to go out out on his own terms, and I hope he does that before his legacy becomes tarnished.

This post was edited on 2/15 2:59 PM by mountainEERnation
Who ARE you clueless clowns?????????? We are sitting here with a top 10 team and you goofs are talking about Huggs needing to go! Wow. Let's see how fast I can get all you goofs on "ignore"......... Starting in 3, 2, 1................

Reactions: Boomboom521
OK..........................let me tell you something. mountainEERnation ain't bonafide. Fire mountainEERnation. If the boy really hates everything that says Huggins............he needs to move on. Six pages of nonsense!
If you look a his post history he pretty much hates everything WVU.

mountainEERnation was exposed and now isn't man enough to concede liability.
25 Wins. Sweet 16. Coach of Year.
17-3. #9 in Nation. First in highest ranked conference in Nation.
Facts. Game over.
Bottom line is W's. He originally used the W's argument in his OP - and then Team/Huggs proved him wrong. and won 25.
Now he's reduced to crying about style points after we won 25 and in Sweet 16 and this year are at 17-3.
Icing on the cake is the coach of year by fellow coaches but he knows more than them.
Yup. Owned.

If you look a his post history he pretty much hates everything WVU.

I am finally ready for a complete overhaul in the basketball program. This is very difficult for me because I loved Huggs as a player, I've loved him as a coach, and I think he's been a great Mountaineer, West Virginian, and person. It's time for a change though.

I think overall he has done a marvelous job getting this team to 19 wins so far, and eventually probably 21 or 22. This team has a lot of holes, and the only way to hide those holes is to play exactly the way we do - balls to the wall, 94 ft, in your face, and win ugly. This is the ONLY way this team can win. We can't shoot anywhere (3's, 2's, FT's, and worst team I've ever seen scoring at the rim), we are awful at passing the ball, our 1/2 court offense is just atrocious, and we can't defend in the 1/2 court. So the only chance is to turn people over and create enough offense out of our defense to win. Against equal or lesser teams that has been enough, but all of our weaknesses are now being exposed by better teams and that formula for success just won't get it.
So what is the answer? Getting better players - Huggins has said as much. He's right. The problem is he's not going to get them. The game has changed, players have changed, and Huggs is a dinosaur. His coaching style is incompatible with those changes and the best players just don't want to be treated the way he treats his players. What could be excused in the past as intensity on his part is now just embarrassing and boorish - Huggs has become a caricature of himself. It hurts to see that. This team plays hard and has exceeded most people's expectations, but one only needs to look at the players faces to see the cumulative effect of his coaching. This team looks exhausted emotionally, and combine that with the physical exhaustion that comes from the season-long frenetic pace with which they have played, and you have a team that is done.
This team will probably be better next year, assuming all the principle players return, and will probably win 20 again, but if winning a B12 championship or NC is the goal, it's not going to happen. You can win games with X's and O's, but you have to have the Jimmies and Joes to win championships and/or compete at the very highest level. Huggs can't get those players to Morgantown. It embarrasses me to watch him on the sideline anymore. I don't want him fired, but I hope he retires. He's earned the right to go out out on his own terms, and I hope he does that before his legacy becomes tarnished.

This post was edited on 2/15 2:59 PM by mountainEERnation

Huh! I hope you're kidding. What I do know is that there are so many so-called Mountaineer fans on this board that are something other than they pretend to be. Some of you people make me sick!

You know ..... Huggs deserves credit for the present condition of his team/program. He is to be congratulated for a great regular season. A number 2 finish in the highest rated RPI conference in years is a great thing.

But let's not pretend that there weren't issues with his program in the not too distant past. And let's not pretend that a growing number of people weren't expressing concerns at the time. I know for a fact that a growing number of boosters were beginning to express doubts and reservations about Huggs to the athletic director at the time.

Allan Taylor's comments in this piece after yesterday's Baylor game touches on both of these realities.
http://wvmetronews.com/2016/03/05/taylor-motivation-moxie-lifts-mountaineers-beyond-projections/

Two years have passed since Huggins came face to face with his own fixer upper. West Virginia had slumped out of relevance in 2013 and made a sorry NIT cameo in 2014. Over those two seasons, the record against top-100 RPI opponents was 6-30.

Huggins demanded change and the retooling came in the form of nine transfers in 13 months. Some were pushed; some shoved off on their own. Neither scenario signaled stability.

The faith that some have had in Huggs all along has been rewarded.
But let's not act like there haven't been things to be concerned about.

My advice ... enjoy this season for what it has been and what it could yet be.
And quit gloating because in the past chaos in a Bob Huggins basketball program has proven to never be too far away.

May it be so that Huggs finishes his career with a stable program in place.

What is the point of bumping this thread? It was started over a year ago when things weren't going so smoothly with the prior 2 seasons being disasters.

Reactions: GoWVU
You know ..... Huggs deserves credit for the present condition of his team/program. He is to be congratulated for a great regular season. A number 2 finish in the highest rated RPI conference in years is a great thing.

But let's not pretend that there weren't issues with his program in the not too distant past. And let's not pretend that a growing number of people weren't expressing concerns at the time. I know for a fact that a growing number of boosters were beginning to express doubts and reservations about Huggs to the athletic director at the time.

Allan Taylor's comments in this piece after yesterday's Baylor game touches on both of these realities.
http://wvmetronews.com/2016/03/05/taylor-motivation-moxie-lifts-mountaineers-beyond-projections/

Two years have passed since Huggins came face to face with his own fixer upper. West Virginia had slumped out of relevance in 2013 and made a sorry NIT cameo in 2014. Over those two seasons, the record against top-100 RPI opponents was 6-30.

Huggins demanded change and the retooling came in the form of nine transfers in 13 months. Some were pushed; some shoved off on their own. Neither scenario signaled stability.

And quit gloating because in the past chaos in a Bob Huggins basketball program has proven to never be too far away.

Hits a little close to home for you and Hurdy. If you don't like the thread don't read it.

WITF Are you talking about
"in the past chaos in a Bob Huggins basketball program has proven to never be too far away"
Huggins is a HOF coach who knows how to win.

His current record at WVU is 175-101 a 63% winning percentage in arguably in 2 of the best conference in the history of modern basketball.

So WVU had 2 bad season, In his hugs 1st 8 season. During those 1st 8 he made the NCAA 6 times two sweet sixteen and 1 final four. In the current season he finished 2nd behind the number 1 program in the country in the toughest conference in the country.

He was a winner at UC, and in one season turned a doormat program k-state into a winner.

Yep all that spells Chaos in my book.

Reactions: SacreBleu
WITF Are you talking about
"in the past chaos in a Bob Huggins basketball program has proven to never be too far away"
Huggins is a HOF coach who knows how to win.

His current record at WVU is 175-101 a 63% winning percentage in arguably in 2 of the best conference in the history of modern basketball.

So WVU had 2 bad season, In his hugs 1st 8 season. During those 1st 8 he made the NCAA 6 times two sweet sixteen and 1 final four. In the current season he finished 2nd behind the number 1 program in the country in the toughest conference in the country.

He was a winner at UC, and in one season turned a doormat program k-state into a winner.

Yep all that spells Chaos in my book.

Recruiting violations, Lack of IC, DUIs, 0% graduation rate, getting whacked and showing up to coaching clinics, etc.

Everyone knows Huggins is a great coach but there have been issues in his basketball programs over the years. It's a fair point to bring up.

Recruiting violations, Lack of IC, DUIs, 0% graduation rate, getting whacked and showing up to coaching clinics, etc.

Everyone knows Huggins is a great coach but there have been issues in his basketball programs over the years. It's a fair point to bring up.

Gotyanumber...................I know you are really concerned about things like the 0% graduation rate and lack of IC (whatever that is), getting whacked, etc. You go boy!

You would really think that some would have learned their lesson by now. But no ... they have to come out and resurrect threads like this and mercilessly attack anyone who expresses less than mindless love for Huggs. They are completely blind to the circus that has broken out at different times during Huggs' career.

I'll say it again .... Here's hoping that Huggs can keep a relatively stable program until he retires.
For now, enjoy this team as long as it gets to play and quit trying vindicate yourself in the eyes of some who have had some doubts about Huggs at times.

What is the point of bumping this thread? It was started over a year ago when things weren't going so smoothly with the prior 2 seasons being disasters.

Exactly. And I linked to an Allan Taylor piece written after yesterday's game which in fact acknowledged that things were looking shaky.

His career is what it is: Lots of wins and Final Four appearances, and periods of chaos from time to time

Some people actually forget that the police video of Huggs throwing up all over the side of his car actually made it online for a while. Some of us remember watching it.

Just leave "well-enough" alone. Enjoy things as they are now and hope that the current relatively stability continues until Huggs retires.

And NEVER resurrect this thread again. Or we might have to remind people AGAIN that the mindless ones are not those who from time to time have had reservations about Huggs.

Leave it alone and enjoy now.

With all due respect, Numbers and Hurdy are A$$ Hats. You guys lived to run down Huggins and the basketball program. How wrong you were is on full display for all to see. Relatively stable programs do not finish 2nd in a conference that has the 2nd highest conference RPI in the last 16 years. Relatively stable programs don't make the tourney 6 out of 8 years including a final four and multiple sweet sixteen. A very stable program on the verge of being an elite program does these things.

All of your posts follow my original sentence. You say some back handed compliment followed by your horse crap rantings. I realize in your minds, you guys think you saved the program with your numerous rancid crap fest posts. You did not. Sad thing is we will have another great team next year and you will still be clinging to your twisted agenda.

Last edited:
With all due respect, Numbers and Hurdy are A$$ Hats. You guys lived to run down Huggins and the basketball program. How wrong you were is on full display for all to see. Relatively stable programs do not finish 2nd in a conference that has the 2nd highest conference RPI in the last 16 years. Relatively stable programs don't make the tourney 6 out of 8 years including a final four and multiple sweet sixteen. A very stable program on the verge of being an elite program does these things.

All of your posts follow my original sentence. You say some back handed compliment followed by your horse crap rantings. I realize in your minds, you guys think you saved the program with your numerous rancid crap fest posts. You did not. Sad thing is we will have another great team next year and you will still be clinging to your twisted agenda.

A) Huggs and Huggs alone, is to be credited for turning his program around.

But that doesn't change the fact that it needed turning around. As a matter of fact, the fact that he did turn it around validates the opinion that it needed to be turned around. Allan Taylor says as much also.

I mean .... when the coach himself said, "I'll fix it.," it sounded very much like he was in agreement at the time with someone like me, and others, who were suggesting that the program was a mess. I know .... I know .... it's a horse crap argument. I get it. Never mind facts like what the coach himself said at the time.

My suggestion is that if you ever bump into Huggs tell him that he was full of horse crap when he said his program needing fixing. You might as well be consistent.

B) Huggs, and Huggs alone, is to be credited for chapters in his career like the one touched upon in the following piece:

After 15 years of defending his players' transgressions, Cincinnati basketball coach Bob Huggins is apologizing for one of his own.

Police released a cruiser video Friday evening showing his field sobriety test.
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?TID=29&theArt=25901

My advice is two-fold: 1) Quit attacking people who have expressed doubts about Huggs from time to time. And 2) Enjoy now and hope that the balance of Huggs career continues to be relatively stable.

A) Huggs and Huggs alone, is to be credited for turning his program around.

But that doesn't change the fact that it needed turning around. As a matter of fact, the fact that he did turn it around validates the opinion that it needed to be turned around. Allan Taylor says as much also.

I mean .... when the coach himself said, "I'll fix it.," it sounded very much like he was in agreement at the time with someone like me, and others, who were suggesting that the program was a mess. I know .... I know .... it's a horse crap argument. I get it. Never mind facts like what the coach himself said at the time.

My suggestion is that if you ever bump into Huggs tell him that he was full of horse crap when he said his program needing fixing. You might as well be consistent.

B) Huggs, and Huggs alone, is to be credited for chapters in his career like the one touched upon in the following piece:

After 15 years of defending his players' transgressions, Cincinnati basketball coach Bob Huggins is apologizing for one of his own.

Police released a cruiser video Friday evening showing his field sobriety test.
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?TID=29&theArt=25901

My advice is two-fold: 1) Quit attacking people who have expressed doubts about Huggs from time to time. And 2) Enjoy now and hope that the balance of Huggs career continues to be relatively stable.
Doubt? Dude you went out of your way to attack Huggs. When people criticize the program, I have no problem with them or their opinions. But when someone attacks him and pays only backhanded compliments when we are a top 10 team, then I think they are fair game. To show everyone just how big of an a$$hat you are you decide to post a link to his field sobriety test. Classless but I would expect nothing else from you.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoWVU and CAK125
The same cruiser has video of ole Warez taking a field sobriety test.............not just once but nine (9) times. Thankfully, I wasn't driving either time. There ain't nuthin wrong with field sobriety tests! Heck, I get another one when I get home that is much more worser! Worser. Is that a word?

Wonder how many other top 10 teams have "fans" saying shit like them about their coach. If you want "chaos", take a look at Pitino or Calipari. And yet, if Huggs kicks it tomorrow and we hired either one the fan base and "boosters" would be ecstatic. Just calm down and enjoy this - good Lord already.

Wonder how many other top 10 teams have "fans" saying shit like them about their coach. If you want "chaos", take a look at Pitino or Calipari. And yet, if Huggs kicks it tomorrow and we hired either one the fan base and "boosters" would be ecstatic. Just calm down and enjoy this - good Lord already.
Yep, it sure is fun to watch these guys play. Best thing is by playing 10 or 11 guys you always get 7 or 8 back for next season. We are looking good for next year and beyond. The sign of a stable program.

Some of you guys are way too sensitive. I'm not the one that ran in here to bump a thread over a year old. When this thread was made, the OP had legitimate reason for concern considering the two bad seasons we just had.

Here you go ... I fixed your post for you. Now that you have come to your senses the best thing that could happen to this thread is that Vernon lock it and let it slide to the oblivion it should have stayed in in the first place.

Look .... I know that Huggs has had his problems. But I always believed in him. He never quit as a player and I don't see him quitting as a coach even if he creates some problems for himself. I, like others, have always had faith that Huggs would pull it together. But I guess I can see how some could have had their doubts about Huggs at different times. But for those of us who have kept faith in him our faith has been rewarded.

And frankly, as much as Hurdy ticks me off, I think he is right that rather than seeking vindication for having faith in Huggs, we should be happy about the state of things right now and hope that Huggs keeps it going until he retires. We don't need anymore of those chaotic chapters in Huggs story.

See .... that wasn't hard. I knew you could do it.

Some of you guys are way too sensitive. I'm not the one that ran in here to bump a thread over a year old. When this thread was made, the OP had legitimate reason for concern considering the two bad seasons we just had.
It was a huge overreaction when the OP started the thread and his defense of it is laughable. The results since the post are unquestionable.

Here you go ... I am an a$$hat and a classless person. I could care less about the program but enjoy running down the coach. Now that I have come to my senses the best thing that could happen is that this thread would disappear so no one can see what a miserable person I am and how relatively ignorant I am about the stability of the WVU basketball program.
Well that was big of you. I hope you can lead a relatively stable life despite your tendency to live in chaos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT