ADVERTISEMENT

It has taken me a long time to get to this point, but

Some of you people live in a dream world. The only answer you have if we don't win the national championship every year is the fire the coach. What a joke!

th
:popcorn:

Gee Keaton ...... did you save the post I made this year where I said that I was somewhat enamored with our "guard play" this year?
I have actually given Huggins credit for apparently stabilizing things. I mean .... If you are going to try to discredit me then you really should tell the whole story.
But we all know you are not that kind of guy.

You don't have the last word on Huggs. Here's the facts about Huggins: He has proven several times over that he can preside over a successful college basketball team/program and that he can preside over a college basketball circus. He seems to bounce between the extremes. AND, AS I HAVE SAID A FEW TIMES THIS YEAR, let's hope that he can keep things relatively stable until his retirement.

Did you save the posts from this year in which I made that last comment?
No, you wouldn't do that because it doesn't serve your neurotic obsession with Bob Huggins.

Here is the truth about you .... you try so hard to be a winner that you are a loser.

The most interesting thing about this old thread is all the people who used to post who don't bother anymore.

Posts like this cause me to want to revert to my teachings. Be not anxious for tomorrow for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Get rid of this. Get rid of that. In a hundred years you will never know the difference. By the way, I see that 'Paint' is back. That's good news. We were friends when I was preaching at the snake handling church down at Jolo, WV ............long before the goat thing. Warez

Last edited:
The most interesting thing about this old thread is all the people who used to post who don't bother anymore.

That and the fact that the OP also said earlier this month that Dana wouldn't win more than 6 games in 2016 and be fired........

Naturally, I just purchased my tickets for the CFB Playoffs.........

Huggins is a good coach and has obviously had long term success here and at Cinci, but I do think a lot of our fans overrate him because he's a native and even more so a local guy.

I personally don't care for his style of basketball, but you can't deny his results over the years.

I'm confused (some will say that's my normal condition). Are you watching the same team I am? The Mountaineers are #9 in the country.

Did they coach themselves to get to this lofty perch? Over the years, I've been pretty touch on Huggs. But last year with all the new guys
coming in I thought he might have done the best coaching job in his career. This year seems even better - so far. I just think we are in a
great place in the toughest league in the country.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Gee Keaton ...... did you save the post I made this year where I said that I was somewhat enamored with our "guard play" this year?
I have actually given Huggins credit for apparently stabilizing things. I mean .... If you are going to try to discredit me then you really should tell the whole story.

You don't have the last word on Huggs. Here's the facts about Huggins: He has proven several times over that he can preside over a successful college basketball team/program and that he can preside over a college basketball circus. He seems to bounce between the extremes. AND, AS I HAVE SAID A FEW TIMES THIS YEAR, let's hope that he can keep things relatively stable until his retirement.

No, you wouldn't do that because it doesn't serve your neurotic obsession with Bob Huggins.

Here is the truth about you .... you try so hard to be a winner that you are a loser.

"apparently stabilizing" or "relatively stable" is as close as you can come to complimenting a top 10 team. And we should give you praise for not calling it a train wreck? The current Big 12 coach of the year thanks you for your apparently and relative support.

You-Keep-Using-that-Word.jpg

"apparently stabilizing" or "relatively stable" is as close as you can come to complimenting a top 10 team. And we should give you praise for not calling it a train wreck? The current Big 12 coach of the year thanks you for your apparently and relative support.

I say "apparently" because the Bob Huggins College Basketball Circus can break out at any minute. History has proven this.
I have asked no one to praise me. So quit twisting and exaggerating what I say so that you can knock it down.

Keaton started this by resurrecting the thread. I am responding to him. He chooses to ignore that I have credited Huggins for "fixing" things.

As I have said several times this year .. Huggins deserves credit for stabilizing his program and the success it is enjoying.
Let's hope that it continues and that the Bob Huggins College Basketball Circus is indeed something only in the rear-view mirror.

Keaton resorts to pictures because he has no real argument.

I'm sorry that I did not cower in the corner in silence when you resurrected this thread Keaton. But I know you never stop. I've said all that I can say and I know you have a perpetual need to pat yourself on the back. So have at it.

I say "apparently" because the Bob Huggins College Basketball Circus can break out at any minute. History has proven this.
I have asked no one to praise me. So quit twisting and exaggerating what I say so that you can knock it down.

Keaton started this by resurrecting the thread. I am responding to him. He chooses to ignore that I have credited Huggins for "fixing" things.

As I have said several times this year .. Huggins deserves credit for stabilizing his program and the success it is enjoying.
Let's hope that it continues and that the Bob Huggins College Basketball Circus is indeed something only in the rear-view mirror.

You have said several times before " relatively stabilized". Don't want to twist your words there Gurdy. If we make it into the top 5 or go to the elite 8 or final 4 will it be stabilized then or just bidding time till the "circus breaks out". But hey you have almost complemented this team on several occasions. That's a start I guess.

Squabbling over someone's wording is counterproductive. I will definitely agree that Bob has seemingly righted the ship and this team is poised for a deep tournament run. I also believe we could be a Jonathan Holton toke and a Jaysean Paige twisted ankle away from a sub-.500 Big 12 regular season. So he's gotten us on the right path unless a few key components don't hold up their end of the bargain, and if that happens then right or wrong (and I lean toward wrong), Huggins will take the blame.

If we jump into the Top 5 and finish the year in the Top 10, or better, and next year the soap opera unfurls itself again then history repeats itself ... again. Further, I have actually complemented this team at times.

I'll say it again ... Let's hope that Huggs can keep a relatively stable program going until he retires.
Relatively stable means that it does not have to be perfect. You should expect the occasional goofball or two to make news.

But .... and I guess I have to spell it out for you .... one would think you would just like to leave this stuff in the past ....if we have, within a not too large span of time, numerous transfers, players quitting, players with legal problems, ugly and unproductive play on the court, head coach's daughters making rude and profane remarks on Twitter, and a coach who has head-on collisions with bathroom doors and hotel furniture, and doing presentations at a coaching clinic while he is drunk then you will have a program that is not relatively stable. (Don't even think of saying the coaching clinic thing was a rumor. There was every opportunity for the Nike people and WVU to say that it simply did not happen. No one negated the tweeted remarks that were made by known coaches who were there and can be identified.)

Add all of that stuff listed above "together" within a not too large span of time and you get an unstable program.

Get it? Relatively stable means that it is not perfect but does not resemble the not too distant past.

And now .... I'll say it again ... one more time .... Let's hope that Huggs can maintain a relatively stable program from here on out until he retires .... regardless of exactly where his team is ranked.

It's not just that we are losing now, it's how we are losing.
We have 3 losses in a tough conference!!! Get over yourself! Huggins is the BEST coach we've EVER had at WVU......EVER! And we are not going to get a coach that's better without that coach leaving for a bigger program after his success.

I don't see next year as an automatic 20 win season either. I do think we have a chance to be better, so 20 wins is a real possibility.
My point is it doesn't matter. 20 wins will always be a grind for us under Huggs, and it will always be ugly, because we just won't get the quality of players that will allow us to get over the hump.
20 wins under Beilien wasn't ugly? If his teams didn't hit their shots we got slaughtered! Huggins keeps us in most games. Better talent will come. Harris and Henderson hurt us. I like them, but they didn't have the team first attitude Huggins demands. You HAVE TO play defense, and rebound for him. I like it....old school? .... Yes, but why is that such a bad thing? You better play defense and rebound at Duke, or your not seeing the floor there either. Huggins is the freakin man!

Ok Keaton, I'll weigh in since you resurrected this thread that I started a year ago.

Anyone with any objectivity - that doesn't include you KC, because you're a jock-sniffing homer - who takes the time to read my original thread will see that the main points I was making were and are still accurate.
1) Huggins did a great job last year, and this year as well
2) This team has a lot of deficiencies, identical to last year. Our offensive efficiency is awful. We can't shoot from the field, we can't shot from the FT line, and we don't pass the ball well.
3) We have to play 94 ft. and create offense out of our defense, because we shoot so poorly and our 1/2 court offense is so inefficient.
4) "we will probably be better next year" and I also predicted we would win 20 again. We are better than last year, and we will win 20 again.
5) Huggs is a dinosaur. The Bob Knight (and I am a huge Knight fan also) era of college basketball is over.

KC - you're not the only person who knows people close to the program. Huggs has learned from the mistakes made from several years ago and is back to the Huggs of old. We play hard, we rebound, and we are a nightmare to play against. We do need better players though if we are going to win a Big 12 Championship (and no, we won't win it this year), and a National Championship. For all that is great about Huggs, he will never get those type of players to Morgantown.

Ok Keaton, I'll weigh in since you resurrected this thread that I started a year ago.

We do need better players though if we are going to win a Big 12 Championship (and no, we won't win it this year), and a National Championship. For all that is great about Huggs, he will never get those type of players to Morgantown.

You're still making predictions after being exposed by this thread? Looks like you'd admit failure and eat crow but you're still thumbing your nose. I noticed in one post you claimed you'd be "happy to be wrong". You don't seem happy.

You're still making predictions after being exposed by this thread? Looks like you'd admit failure and eat crow but you're still thumbing your nose. I noticed in one post you claimed you'd be "happy to be wrong". You don't seem happy.

Please tell me what points I made that are not true.

"and no, we won't win it this year"

oh, dis gone be gooooooood

one tip in away from standing alone as the conference leader............ but DEFINITELY not winning the B12 this season..... k.

Your prediction skills have always been on point though.... "Huggs needs to go".......wins national COY

Repost my most recent post in a month, and then you can tell me you were wrong and I was right.

I have never said that Huggins was not a great coach. Reread the original thread, Homer boy.
Still waiting for someone to refute any of the points that I made as being in accurate

Repost my most recent post in a month, and then you can tell me you were wrong and I was right.

I have never said that Huggins was not a great coach. Reread the original thread, Homer boy.
Still waiting for someone to refute any of the points that I made as being in accurate
So your original post where you say it is time for Huggins to step down and that the game has past him by, your still standing by that. I think Huggins has refuted that point very nicely with a sweet 16 appearance and a top 10 ranking.

So your original post where you say it is time for Huggins to step down and that the game has past him by, your still standing by that. I think Huggins has refuted that point very nicely with a sweet 16 appearance and a top 10 ranking.

That is an opinion, you can agree or disagree.

I'm talking about the points of fact I listed. They are irrefutable.

2nd paragraph:

"Against equal or lesser teams that has been enough, but all of our weaknesses are now being exposed by better teams and that formula for success just won't get it. "

Following this statement, wins over:

#8 Kansas
#22 Oklahoma St
upset of #4 Maryland in the NCAA Tournament

refuted....

That is an opinion, you can agree or disagree.

I'm talking about the points of fact I listed. They are irrefutable.

Listen, no one holds Huggs to a higher standard than I do, but there are things he and the staff fixed from last year to this year and I see improvement.

Our half court defense last year was garbage and this year it is fantastic. We do not foul as much and we are playing even harder than we did last year.

Now, we still need to get our FT and 3 pt % up and we need Devin to quit forcing but I like this team a lot.

Get them to quit smoking weed and we can make a run.

"So what is the answer? Getting better players - Huggins has said as much. He's right. The problem is he's not going to get them. The game has changed, players have changed, and Huggs is a dinosaur. His coaching style is incompatible with those changes and the best players just don't want to be treated the way he treats his players. What could be excused in the past as intensity on his part is now just embarrassing and boorish - Huggs has become a caricature of himself."

All this. In accurate....

Huggs follows up a great 2015 recruiting class with an even better 2016 featuring an elite talent in Maciej Bender and big time PF Sagaba Konate.

The game hasn't changed

The recruits haven't changed.............. well except the me-first guys, who WVU doesn't want anyways...

Caricatures don't usually win National Coach of the Year awards either...

refuted

2nd paragraph:

"Against equal or lesser teams that has been enough, but all of our weaknesses are now being exposed by better teams and that formula for success just won't get it. "

Following this statement, wins over:

#8 Kansas
#22 Oklahoma St
upset of #4 Maryland in the NCAA Tournament

refuted....

Can't shoot.
Can't shoot FT's.
Pass poorly
Inefficient 1/2 court offense.
Have to play 94 ft in order to create offense from our defense.
I said we would be better this year, and we are.
Huggins is a dinosaur as a coach.

Irrefutable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT