ADVERTISEMENT

It has taken me a long time to get to this point, but

Re: Only on the Mountaineer Message Board

Perhaps the thing that is more ironic than you calling folks dumbasses in this epic fail thread of yours is this team will be better next year. They have shown they can play with the best without our seniors. We will be a top 10 team next year. Some how it is your opinion that our program is in shambles and needs to be overhauled. That is your opinion which as a fan or not your entitled to. One not shared by me, the Big 12 coaches and most every one else who knows anything about basketball.

Reactions: WVUHomer

"I am finally ready for a comete overhaul"

Please defend this opinion in a respectable manner, and I will respect it

Keaton, believe it or not, I generally enjoy and respect your threads on basketball, and I don't think your previous comment was trolling on your part.

The point I was making when I started this thread , and my defense of said point, was articulated in my original post. We are playing great now, and I am truly happy about that because I'm a fan, but it doesn't change my long-term view of the program.

Long term? Youre ducking......

You said "NOW is the time for change"

Do you still stick with the opinion WVU is not recruiting good enough players as well?

I'm not ducking at all. Not trying to engage in semantics her - perhaps I should have used the word "future" instead of long-term.

As for recruiting, yes I do, based on the reasons I mentioned in my original post.

You do realize that 23 regular season wins ranks this season in our program's top 10 percentile, right?

Add that team on top of two 4-star recruits in 2015 and another yet to be signed addition......... That is still not good enough, huh?

If our current players continue to improve, the recruits you mentioned live up to their "stars", we continue to recruit at that level , and it all translates to wins on the court, then I will be wrong and happily so.

That is all that you have; calling poster who do not view our basketball program the same as you, names. At some point one begins to feel sorry for you, as it truly must suck to live in your bitter world.

Originally posted by mountainEERnation:
If our current players continue to improve, the recruits you mentioned live up to their "stars", we continue to recruit at that level , and it all translates to wins on the court, then I will be wrong and happily so.
So, what you are saying is if we have a year like this year you will stop bitching? But......but.....but.....you bitched this year? And we had a great year??????
laugh.r191677.gif

Where does your opinion rank

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." Douglas Adams

One thing is certain. You will never get great talent in Morgantown because the city is a dump. Our only hope is that Huggs can coach the talent up that we do get.

It is sad. I liked Beilein and enjoyed watching his teams. But I am glad Huggs is here and enjoy his teams (with the exception of last year) far more. Especially this year's team.

Nation.... you are too stupid to decide until the year is over

Do us all a favor, and stop embarrassing yourself. Don't make a comment about your approval or disapproval about the team or coach until the year is over. Make your assessment after the year is completed. That way, you can make accurate statements and don't have to take as much time to tell us you are not wrong when trying to defend a stupid comment you made during the season. Just friendly advice from a fan to a "fan".

Re: Nation.... you are too stupid to decide until the year is over

Mneil if you want to see stupid, go look in the mirror.

My "assessment" is not based on just this year - it is based on many factors, of which I articulated in my original post.

Why don't you work on your learning comprehension skills - just friendly advice from a fan to a "fan".

Re: Nation.... you are too stupid to decide until the year is over

btw....it's dumbasses like you that have kept this thread going. I have only posted on here in response to attacks on me, or in KC's case, a reasonable question.

As for never getting great talent because Morgantown is a dump - have you ever been to Stoors, Connecticut? Now there is a real dump, and they've recruited pretty well there over the last 20 years I'd say.

Anyone who has read your posts knows ignorance. But still you insist on putting it on display. How you can stand by your original post given how well this team has played without any seniors is beyond me. We will be ranked in the top 10 next year and rightfully so. We have a top 50 recruit coming in next year along with a point guard who has been named to all regional or state teams since he was a sophomore. But it is your opinion that we need to overhaul the program. Do you remember the Gardner and Catlett years? If you want to act like a child and call people names so be it but it just shows the depth of your ignorance.

"The game has changed, players have changed, and Huggs is a dinosaur. His coaching style is incompatible with those changes and the best players just don't want to be treated the way he treats his players. What could be excused in the past as intensity on his part is now just embarrassing and boorish - Huggs has become a caricature of himself. It hurts to see that. This team plays hard and has exceeded most people's expectations, but one only needs to look at the players faces to see the cumulative effect of his coaching."

some great stuff in there. Comical.....

"I don't see next year as an automatic 20 win season either. I do think we have a chance to be better, so 20 wins is a real possibility.
My point is it doesn't matter. 20 wins will always be a grind for us under Huggs, and it will always be ugly, because we just won't get the quality of players that will allow us to get over the hump."

23+ wins, while returning a great team and adding AT LEAST 2 4-star recruits (both top 25 at their position).

"If one of those 2 remaining wins is against Kansas then that is different - Santa Claus isn't coming again though for another 10 months...."

LOL!

This post was edited on 3/11 10:34 AM by KeatonsCorner

I am finally ready for a complete overhaul in the basketball program. This is very difficult for me because I loved Huggs as a player, I've loved him as a coach, and I think he's been a great Mountaineer, West Virginian, and person. It's time for a change though.

I think overall he has done a marvelous job getting this team to 19 wins so far, and eventually probably 21 or 22. This team has a lot of holes, and the only way to hide those holes is to play exactly the way we do - balls to the wall, 94 ft, in your face, and win ugly. This is the ONLY way this team can win. We can't shoot anywhere (3's, 2's, FT's, and worst team I've ever seen scoring at the rim), we are awful at passing the ball, our 1/2 court offense is just atrocious, and we can't defend in the 1/2 court. So the only chance is to turn people over and create enough offense out of our defense to win. Against equal or lesser teams that has been enough, but all of our weaknesses are now being exposed by better teams and that formula for success just won't get it.
So what is the answer? Getting better players - Huggins has said as much. He's right. The problem is he's not going to get them. The game has changed, players have changed, and Huggs is a dinosaur. His coaching style is incompatible with those changes and the best players just don't want to be treated the way he treats his players. What could be excused in the past as intensity on his part is now just embarrassing and boorish - Huggs has become a caricature of himself. It hurts to see that. This team plays hard and has exceeded most people's expectations, but one only needs to look at the players faces to see the cumulative effect of his coaching. This team looks exhausted emotionally, and combine that with the physical exhaustion that comes from the season-long frenetic pace with which they have played, and you have a team that is done.
This team will probably be better next year, assuming all the principle players return, and will probably win 20 again, but if winning a B12 championship or NC is the goal, it's not going to happen. You can win games with X's and O's, but you have to have the Jimmies and Joes to win championships and/or compete at the very highest level. Huggs can't get those players to Morgantown. It embarrasses me to watch him on the sideline anymore. I don't want him fired, but I hope he retires. He's earned the right to go out out on his own terms, and I hope he does that before his legacy becomes tarnished.

This post was edited on 2/15 2:59 PM by mountainEERnation

I've read your claim where you say, "It has taken me a long time to get to this point...". Although that doesn't tell me what a "long time" is as far as you're concerned. After reading this thread, what I want to ask is, just how damn long is it going to take you to move beyond this period of stupidity?
smokin.r191677.gif

Keaton - whatever.

This season has been great, no question. The previous 2 - awful. Next year - who knows? The year after that - who knows? Frankly, I couldn't give 2 shits about what you think is comical, or any opinion I might have. While I respect much of the information you post on this board, you're the biggest homer on this board when it comes to Huggs and The Genius. Time will tell who's opinion is right on this issue, but there is one thing I do know. If I am right I won't be on this board saying "I told you so", unlike you narcissistic assholes on here who live for shooting down and ridiculing anyone's opinion that differs from your own.

I'm done with you about this, so let me go ahead and counter now the clever little twisted reply that's coming from you - blow it out your ass.
BTW......1 4star recruit, not 2
This post was edited on 3/11 7:00 PM by mountainEERnation

Paint - while KC is the biggest homer on this board, you are without a doubt the biggest ass. Congratulations - that's saying something on this board.

You are equally as stupid as you are annoying.

Done with you . Stupid boy.

Based on your inability to take any criticism or to suffer opinions that differ from than yours, I would have to say you are wearing the asshat crown. Ignorance is bliss but anger will put you 6 feet under.

Still5 - go back and read the thread. Anything I have said, good or bad, to any poster has only been in response to what they said to me.

Done with you too sanctimonious boy. From one fan to another fan.

Paint - while KC is the biggest homer on this board, you are without a doubt the biggest ass. Congratulations - that's saying something on this board.

You are equally as stupid as you are annoying.

Done with you . Stupid boy.
I'll take your evaluation and conclusion about Ole Paint with the same regard I took your evaluation and conclusion about Coach Huggins.

Couple of points though, you've yet to define your use of the term "long time" and the question remains "just how damn long is it going to take you to move beyond this period of stupidity"....... although in my judgment, based upon my evaluation and conclusion of your posts since I asked the question, I think it's safe to say you're not there yet.
smokin.r191677.gif

Boy, you know youre a spoiled brat fan when an NIT season while only having 9 scholarship players, and losing one for the last 1/4 of the schedule is seen as "awful". We went .500 in the nation's best league and finished 3 spots abead of our preseason prediction. We beat #6, #11 (by 30), #21, and #25........... "Awful"

I am finally ready for a complete overhaul in the basketball program. This is very difficult for me because I loved Huggs as a player, I've loved him as a coach, and I think he's been a great Mountaineer, West Virginian, and person. It's time for a change though.

I think overall he has done a marvelous job getting this team to 19 wins so far, and eventually probably 21 or 22. This team has a lot of holes, and the only way to hide those holes is to play exactly the way we do - balls to the wall, 94 ft, in your face, and win ugly. This is the ONLY way this team can win. We can't shoot anywhere (3's, 2's, FT's, and worst team I've ever seen scoring at the rim), we are awful at passing the ball, our 1/2 court offense is just atrocious, and we can't defend in the 1/2 court. So the only chance is to turn people over and create enough offense out of our defense to win. Against equal or lesser teams that has been enough, but all of our weaknesses are now being exposed by better teams and that formula for success just won't get it.
So what is the answer? Getting better players - Huggins has said as much. He's right. The problem is he's not going to get them. The game has changed, players have changed, and Huggs is a dinosaur. His coaching style is incompatible with those changes and the best players just don't want to be treated the way he treats his players. What could be excused in the past as intensity on his part is now just embarrassing and boorish - Huggs has become a caricature of himself. It hurts to see that. This team plays hard and has exceeded most people's expectations, but one only needs to look at the players faces to see the cumulative effect of his coaching. This team looks exhausted emotionally, and combine that with the physical exhaustion that comes from the season-long frenetic pace with which they have played, and you have a team that is done.
This team will probably be better next year, assuming all the principle players return, and will probably win 20 again, but if winning a B12 championship or NC is the goal, it's not going to happen. You can win games with X's and O's, but you have to have the Jimmies and Joes to win championships and/or compete at the very highest level. Huggs can't get those players to Morgantown. It embarrasses me to watch him on the sideline anymore. I don't want him fired, but I hope he retires. He's earned the right to go out out on his own terms, and I hope he does that before his legacy becomes tarnished.

This post was edited on 2/15 2:59 PM by mountainEERnation

BUMP!

We lose two senior guards next year. And these are guys who actually played 3 & 4 years for Huggs. That's a rarity these days. I don't see next year as an automatic 20 win team. Not at all.

If we can't have an effective half-court offense with two senior guards who are quality players I don't think we'll ever have one. Maybe a DeSean Butler comes along and hits some game winning shots to get us over the hump. But don't hold your breath.

I think the writing is on the wall. Ollie did well to get out of town before he had to deal with this train wreck.

Awesome....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT