ADVERTISEMENT

It has taken me a long time to get to this point, but

lol! What a lame ass excuse................. Beilein was hand delivered GREAT recruits btw in NBA players Manny Harris and Ekpe Udoh. Euro pros like DeShawn Sims and Jevhon Shepherd.

Add that to 2 returning starters, a Rutgers transfer, and multiple role players left over from the NIT season....

"On May 8, 2003; the NCAA accepted Michigan's sanctions. It also imposed an additional two years of probation and docked the school one scholarship a year from 2004-2005 until 2007-2008"

JB had that scholarship.

2005 class

2006 class

2007 class

You gonna tell me JB isn't good enough, as a coach, to get more than 10 wins out of this group?

Honestly, I'm just thankful WVU has a coach with enough dignity to never hide behind such a weak "defense" if it were ever to apply to WVU Basketball
This post was edited on 2/23 2:44 PM by KeatonsCorner

Amazing that you are so narrow minded that you only harp on that one season. Or his other losing season.

If you think Beilein inherited the keys to the kingdom when he was hired...then I don't know what to tell you.

Do you want to discuss Beilein taking his team to the NCAA's the last five out of the six years? Or are you still stuck on his first year of transition?

you're cherry picking your sample size................. but that's all you have.

Both coaches have had their current gigs now for 8 seasons..........

One has went or is going to 6 NCAA's out of those 8. One only has 5.

One has a 64% winning percentage during those 8............... One has 60%

One coach has had ONE losing season.............. the other 2, going quickly on 3.

One coach hoisted their conference championship trophy........... the other? Not so much.

One coach has elevated his school's recruiting by a FULL STAR PER PLAYER average........ one has let that average DROP during his time

Here's one in Beilein's corner though............ One coach lost to a team who once had a 50+ losing streak (NJIT). Huggs didn't

the only person focusing on sub-sets is you....... because the overall comparison isn't even close.

This post was edited on 2/23 3:25 PM by KeatonsCorner

I am cherry picking stats?

LMAO BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Oh my that was a good laugh.

Your whole posting history is based on cherry picking stats...and you want to call me out on that...

What about all your stupid posts about three losings seasons...he has only had two but you already want to call this season at 13-12 a losing season. And I cherry-pick stats? Okay.

Why all the hate for Beilein anyway? I thought once a Mountaineer always a Mountaineer.

I still like my cherry-picked stat that Beilein has played for a national championship.

if folks knew actual truths about John Beilein and his family, they might not respect him as much........

especially his son's departure from Wesleyan, and why he isn't employed by the NBA anymore.

Or how JB lied to his senior PG, Darris Nichols, about the departure.

Some can focus on the fact the JB got one game farther in the Dance than Huggs...... but that's meaningless. It's only one game. He didn't win. And he hasn't won as much as Huggins has. Both in quantity and quality.

And the reason why I pencilled in Michigan as having a losing season this year, prior to their upset of tOSU, was their remaining games --- @ Maryland, @Northwester, and Rutgers....... and finally a B10 tournament game. At 14-13, that's 4 more chances for his team to come out flat, without defense, and lose again.

Originally posted by WVUFanForever:
Now you are trashing Beielin's family to prove your point?
Fair game. I mean you all attack Huggs for drinking. You attacked Rich Rod's wife. Beilein is different because....???

First off....don't use that crap "you all"...I never have.

You keep misrepresenting me to the extreme....admit it...you just lump us all together...its easier that way I guess.

And why should I expect any class from you or your lapdog Keaton.

I know straight from the source what happened to younger Beilein at Wesleyan....love to know what Keaton 'heard' from his sources.....BAHAHAHAHAHA.

But in the meantime....maybe you want to slander John's pet dog...

First off....don't use that crap "you all"...I never have.

You keep misrepresenting me to the extreme....admit it...you just lump us all together...its easier that way I guess.

And why should I expect any class from you or your lapdog Keaton.

I know straight from the source what happened to younger Beilein at Wesleyan....love to know what Keaton 'heard' from his sources.....BAHAHAHAHAHA.

But in the meantime....maybe you want to slander John's pet dog...
Ahhh....Patrick, is this you? I'm sure daddy has a job for you in Michigan. But, you better hurry, he may not be there much longer.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Um...you really aren't as funny or as clever as you think.

So now you want to goof on someone that played for WVU and helped them on an incredible NCAA run.

Yep...you are a 'true' Mountaineer fan.

Um...you really aren't as funny or as clever as you think.

So now you want to goof on someone that played for WVU and helped them on an incredible NCAA run.

Yep...you are a 'true' Mountaineer fan.
Says the guy who bashes our current coaches....Huggs and Holgorsen.

Says the guy who bashes Huggins

Hey, it's a message board, you take this too seriously, this means very little.....You can be a great WVU fan, but that doesn't mean you can't dislike a certain coach or a game plan, or a particular offense, or the actions of a coach, etc....I'm going to the game tonight, love WVU sports, but I detest our present basketball coach, he turns me off like none other....That's just me, means very little in the grand scheme of things......If some of you love him, good for you, I could care less....

You sound soft.....

Could be, but I'm not the one with the "ManCrush".......

Re: You sound soft.....

"but I detest our present basketball coach"

lol.......................... soft

You detest a man who works his ass off for this program, spends a considerable amount of his own money to better not only the school but Morgantown, donates his bonuses to charities, started the various Miner-funds in the state, and who is considered by many of his former and current players a 2nd father.......

but I'm sure you have your reasons.
roll.r191677.gif

Re: You sound soft.....

didn't think you'd elaborate............... it's easier to pull crap out of a hat and lean on it as fact.

It's interesting to read this post about Coach Huggins and all of the complaining. I live in Houston, TX where a lot of my friends are Big 12 alumni. Most of them tell me what a great BB team we have year and would love to have Huggins as their coach.
Maybe some of you need to step back and look at our program from different perspective. A lot of other school fans would love to have what we have at WVU. Especially my UT and OK St friends.

MountaineerWV....Please show me one post where I have bashed Huggs?

You can't do it...I know you can't.

Thinking someone else would be better for the basketball program and the university isn't 'bashing' Huggins.

You are a complete tool who never answers any questions and just deflects stuff back on the op.

I have wasted way too much time in the Beilein debate with someone of your mental stature.

Originally posted by mountainEERnation:
Then stop adding to it.
Hey - you started the thread, no wonder you want it to die. If I posted something so ridiculously idiotic, I guess I would want it to die as well. The funniest thing about your OP, is that you are adamantly sure that it needs to be blown up for a 21-22 win season. What kind of mouth breathing, knuckle dragging moron would post such a thing? I guess it sucks to have a double digit IQ.

Hey Fishbowl,a.k.a. Asshole - I never said I wanted the thread to die. What I said was that if you thought the thread was dumb then you shouldn't add to it. Clueless moron.

Bobher - did you read my original post in this thread? If so, would you really classify what I said as "vitriol"? Really? Based on what I wrote do you really think I'm a hater? If so, then you don't understand my post. Many people disagree with my opinion, which is their right, but to call me a hater could not be farther from the truth. I love Huggs and am ecstatic with how we have played down the stretch, and with the season-long accomplishments.

This post was edited on 3/8 12:43 PM by mountainEERnation

Bobher - did you read my original post in this thread? If so, would you really classify what I said as "vitriol"? Really? Based on what I wrote do you really think I'm a hater? If so, then you don't understand my post. Many people disagree with my opinion, which is their right, but to call me a hater could not be farther from the truth. I love Huggs and am ecstatic with how we have played down the stretch, and with the season-long accomplishments.

This post was edited on 3/8 12:43 PM by mountainEERnation
There is the key. You mean to say that you "love Huggs BECAUSE we are winning down the stretch". Right? You were almost giddy when we were in our low point in the season because you had your opportunity to rock the boat and want "change"...meaning replacing Huggs. Now you "Love" the man? HAHAHA. Funniest thing on this thread. Admit it, this thread is an ultimate FAILURE on your part.

It's obvious you aren't capable of understanding plain English either, MountaineerWV. I love Huggs because I think he's a great West Virginian, a great WVU alumni, and a great coach. I went to school with Huggs, followed his career as a player, and as a coach. I am happy with the way we played down the stretch, and with the team's season-long accomplishments, because I'm a WV native, a WVU fan , a WVU alumni, and a Huggs fan.

The problem with you dumbasses on this board is that a person can't express a negative or unpopular opinion without you accusing that person of not being a true fan or being a hater.

Whatever.

BTW - "giddy"? You're a complete jackass.

This post was edited on 3/8 1:23 PM by mountainEERnation

It's obvious you aren't capable of understanding plain English either, MountaineerWV. I love Huggs because I think he's a great West Virginian, a great WVU alumni, and a great coach. I went to school with Huggs, followed his career as a player, and as a coach. I am happy with the way we played down the stretch, and with the team's season-long accomplishments, because I'm a WV native, a WVU fan , a WVU alumni, and a Huggs fan.

The problem with you dumbasses on this board is that a person can't express a negative or unpopular opinion without you accusing that person of not being a true fan or being a hater.

Whatever.

BTW - "giddy"? You're a complete jackass.

This post was edited on 3/8 1:23 PM by mountainEERnation
No, there is being "negative" and then there is calling for a coach to retire. That's what you were doing. You were saying "it's time", meaning time for Huggs to step down and someone new take over. Then, suddenly, we snap out of it, got on a good streak, and you "love" Huggs again and are glad he's here.

That pretty much summarizes your posts. I understand plain English pretty clearly. Give it a try below. Look at your OWN WORDS:

"I am finally ready for a complete overhaul in the basketball program. This is very difficult for me because I loved Huggs as a player, I've loved him as a coach, and I think he's been a great Mountaineer, West Virginian, and person. It's time for a change though."

I never stopping loving Huggs, or appreciating everything he has done for the state and WVU. I still stand by what I said too.

I'm surprised you even post here anymore after how ShadyTigeer embarrassed you on this board a couple of weeks ago.

Jackass.

I never stopping loving Huggs, or appreciating everything he has done for the state and WVU. I still stand by what I said too.

I'm surprised you even post here anymore after how ShadyTigeer embarrassed you on this board a couple of weeks ago.

Jackass.
After how he embarrassed me? First off, can't even remember what you are talking about. Secondly, who gives a shit? I don't. I'm not here to make friends.

About like how we are doing you?
laugh.r191677.gif
Stand by that statement all you want. Huggs is COY and we will be a solid 5 seed in the NCAA Tourney. Yeah.....

Really happy about Huggs COY award - he deserves it this year - and what looks like a 5 or 6 seed in the dance.

Stupid jackass. Lol

Only on the Mountaineer Message Board

The post has gotten legs and run for a month of some "fans" requesting Huggs be fired because some games were lost. A month later, the conference coaches votes Huggs Conference Coach of the Year, and the idiot "fans" are trying to justify their request to have him fired. One idiot started the post and several joined ranks. All the time the post has been running, Huggs has kept WV within the top 25 ranking.

Unfortunately, I do believe they are serious in their request. But, I do not even loosely think they are within the WVU fan category.

Re: Only on the Mountaineer Message Board

You are exactly the type of dumbass I was referring to in a post earlier. Someone has an opinion that differs from yours, so that means the person isn't true fan. Good grief, could you be any more stupid?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT