ADVERTISEMENT

Issues accessing site with Chrome??

Mountaineer Steve

All-American
May 29, 2001
Anyone else having problems accessing this site with Chrome? When navigating here I get a message

Oops! We fumbled. We'll work on fixing it. Please go toRivals.comor wait a minute and then try again.

And yet I I don't have any problems with FireFox or I.E.

The Blue Lot forum is frozen on a page from months ago. I have to use new posts to go live. It sucks.

I had the exact same problem. Had to download and install Firefox because Chrome was terrible with Rivals. I post on the Main Board more than here and it was the same issue.

Windows 7 doesn't like this site or any Yahoo hosted sites if you use Bing as your primary search engine. You get a malware warning about a third of the time with Yahoo hosted sites and groups. You can override it and earlier Windows flavors problems with Yahoo by switching to Firefox as your main search engine. Or you can give in and update to Windows 10, but I don't have much faith it's much better, given Windows history.

Chrome has always caused me problems. It should be banished from existence.

Windows 7 doesn't like this site or any Yahoo hosted sites if you use Bing as your primary search engine. You get a malware warning about a third of the time with Yahoo hosted sites and groups. You can override it and earlier Windows flavors problems with Yahoo by switching to Firefox as your main search engine. Or you can give in and update to Windows 10, but I don't have much faith it's much better, given Windows history.

I've had problems posting links.

I used to like windows 7, as far as windows goes, but it's way too vulnerable so I went with the free windows 10 upgrade. No difference in behavior between the 2. Windows has been stable and reliable for a while now. And this is coming from an old DOS prompt and Unix guy.

Thanks for the input, jpf. I've been hesitant on pulling the trigger on the Windows 10 upgrade for my laptop.

It sounds like we're from the same era. I remember selling software in the mid-80's and having a conversation with a tech guy. We couldn't imagine why anyone would ever need anymore than 512 kbs of memory for a home computer?

I'm not going to get into punch cards and Fortran, my introduction to computers when moving up from the vaunted position of tape librarian.

Thanks for the input, jpf. I've been hesitant on pulling the trigger on the Windows 10 upgrade for my laptop.

It sounds like we're from the same era. I remember selling software in the mid-80's and having a conversation with a tech guy. We couldn't imagine why anyone would ever need anymore than 512 kbs of memory for a home computer?

I'm not going to get into punch cards and Fortran, my introduction to computers when moving up from the vaunted position of tape librarian.

Fortran and COBOL

COBOL, are you trying to give me a heart attack?

Did you ever encounter a decollator or a burster? Pure evil, both of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT