ADVERTISEMENT

Is West Virginia ready for Red River

WVU is ready, we play Kansas. You guys should be more worried about Oklahoma than being a troll.

Look at their coach....
How can you be afraid of a man with a belly button tattoo
7decXVT_d.jpg

Reactions: Airport
Always tried to watch the game when I could. It's not neutral when it's in Dallas, no matter the ticket sales.

It will always be neutral.
Actually OU wasn't the first State Fair of Texas opponent.
Texas used to play Vanderbilt in Dallas and then dropped OU to play Vandy again in Dallas in the early 1920's.
But since 1923 it has been a neutral site game in Dallas during the State Fair of Texas

WVU is ready, we play Kansas. You guys should be more worried about Oklahoma than being a troll.

It will be the best Big XII game of the year.
Plus it gives WV an understanding of where they are at.
If Texas wins then WV needs to be a remodel of the team
If Oklahoma wins then hopefully WV can outscore them twice.

Let's just say this game will impact the Big XII for the next 10 years

Last edited:
Get back to us in November.
We're busy focusing on Kansas, Iowa State and Baylor.
If we do our job, then the Mountaineers will be 7-0 and hopefully healthy for the Himalaya task of Texas, TCU, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma in a row. Any team not named Alabama would find it almost impossible to go 4-0 during that stretch. If my alma does, then it's on to the Football Final Four.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17

U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence

N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6

T ore up, then tip-toed against Texas Tech, 42-34

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E rectile dysfunction Texas

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

It will be the best Big XII game of the year.
Plus it gives WV an understanding of where they are at.
If Texas wins then WV needs to be a remodel of the team
If Oklahoma wins then hopefully WV can outscore them twice.

Let's just say this game will impact the Big XII for the next 10 years

Impact the conference for the next 10 years? You lost to the Twerps this year & barely beat KSU!

Impact the conference for the next 10 years? You lost to the Twerps this year & barely beat KSU!

Little piece of info....

Texas and Oklahoma drive the car in the conference.
OU in 1999 hired Mike Leach. Leach brought a totally new offense to the Big XII.
The AirRaid spread took over the Big XII.
Even Texas and Greg Davis joined the change

This era is coming to an end.
Teams are going to have to adjust.
If Herman can't get Texas to get to that point someone will.

Truth is Todd Orlando and Texas' D is build to stop OU.

Plus Texas offensively puts their D in better positions to win.

Like I said if this is not the year the mentality of outscoring opponents ends it will be in the near future.

Uhhhh, we play Kansas at the same time the Horns and OU go at it. Big Deal. UT wants to think they are a big deal, but....................they aren't anymore.

Doesn't bother me.
I truthfully think a lot of schools should stop worrying about Texas.
It seems like since 2009 that list has grown instead of shrunk.

Y'all going to have to watch cause the Horns are going to make the Ewok quit.

He is definitely not his Daddy. His Daddy would have never run off from A&M.

First hit Kyler Murray takes his pussy ass will be off to baseball.
He doesn't have the dedication to play football on a man's level.

Clearly Texas is ahead of the curve with the trend of not outscoring their opponents. Genius!

I understand what you mean but you are taking my words out of context.

I love football. More than that I enjoy the the changes in football.
Playing 58-50 games allows average teams to compete in this conference.
More than that it has allowed the anti-Oklahoma to win with KState.

What I am talking about with KState has allowed them to win the last 15 years with shit talent.

I like the spread. I actually think the spread should continue but in a different format.
Reason why is that certain type of defenses will always stop the spread attack.

Tom Herman at Texas is someone on the cutting edge of the change that needs to take place.
Unlike the rest of the conference he thinks that 2 big plays should be enough to win a game instead of 7.

It is probability. More times you have to score the more of a chance of a mistake happening.

Knowing that teams who play physical on the DL and throw 5-7 DBs on the field will stop the spread.

If your team can't play D and control the LOS and TOP you will lose 95% of the time.

Hopefully you understand what I am getting at.
I think even OU does a little.

You have to become more creative on offense.
QBs who can run, pass and catch and then multiple players on offense that can pass the ball.

Add that to a Defense that is physical at the LOS and enough speed guys to stop the spread in the secondary

Best thing about the schools in the Big XII is the wealth of knowledge and the ability to be creative at the coaching level.

A lot if this has to do with the great HS coaches in Texas.

The two main offenses in the last 50 years of CFB have originated out of Oklahoma and Texas

The wishbone and the spread.

Your coach DH learned his offense from Hal Mumme.
A former Texas HS coach

I understand what you mean but you are taking my words out of context.

I love football. More than that I enjoy the the changes in football.
Playing 58-50 games allows average teams to compete in this conference.
More than that it has allowed the anti-Oklahoma to win with KState.

What I am talking about with KState has allowed them to win the last 15 years with shit talent.

I like the spread. I actually think the spread should continue but in a different format.
Reason why is that certain type of defenses will always stop the spread attack.

Tom Herman at Texas is someone on the cutting edge of the change that needs to take place.
Unlike the rest of the conference he thinks that 2 big plays should be enough to win a game instead of 7.

It is probability. More times you have to score the more of a chance of a mistake happening.

Knowing that teams who play physical on the DL and throw 5-7 DBs on the field will stop the spread.

If your team can't play D and control the LOS and TOP you will lose 95% of the time.

Hopefully you understand what I am getting at.
I think even OU does a little.

You have to become more creative on offense.
QBs who can run, pass and catch and then multiple players on offense that can pass the ball.

Add that to a Defense that is physical at the LOS and enough speed guys to stop the spread in the secondary

Best thing about the schools in the Big XII is the wealth of knowledge and the ability to be creative at the coaching level.

A lot if this has to do with the great HS coaches in Texas.

The two main offenses in the last 50 years of CFB have originated out of Oklahoma and Texas

The wishbone and the spread.

Your coach DH learned his offense from Hal Mumme.
A former Texas HS coach
Glenn “Tiger” Ellison of Middleton, Ohio, invented the run and shoot offense. LaVell Edwards of BYU adopted the run and shoot winning a national championship with it, albeit by beating a mediocre Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl to win it. Hal Mumme himself says Edwards is from who he learned his offense. Mumme’s iteration of the run and shoot became nearly all shoot and was labeled the air raid offense.

The spread offense as we see it used all over America traces its roots back to Glenville State and Coach Rich Rodriguez in the early 90’s. Glenville State played for an NAIA national championship with the spread. Tommy Bowden hired Rodriguez as offensive coordinator at Tulane and the system carried Tulane to an undefeated season. When Bowden was hired at Clemson he took Rodriguez with him and found instant success at Clemson. WVU hired Rodriguez as head coach and WVU’s success with the spread influenced coaches like Chip Kelly and Urban Meyer—who came to WVU while at Bowling Green to learn the system.

You Texans are like the Chinese. You want to rewrite history to make the origin of everything Texas.

Glenn “Tiger” Ellison of Middleton, Ohio, invented the run and shoot offense. LaVell Edwards of BYU adopted the run and shoot winning a national championship with it, albeit by beating a mediocre Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl to win it. Hal Mumme himself says Edwards is from who he learned his offense. Mumme’s iteration of the run and shoot became nearly all shoot and was labeled the air raid offense.

The spread offense as we see it used all over America traces its roots back to Glenville State and Coach Rich Rodriguez in the early 90’s. Glenville State played for an NAIA national championship with the spread. Tommy Bowden hired Rodriguez as offensive coordinator at Tulane and the system carried Tulane to an undefeated season. When Bowden was hired at Clemson he took Rodriguez with him and found instant success at Clemson. WVU hired Rodriguez as head coach and WVU’s success with the spread influenced coaches like Chip Kelly and Urban Meyer—who came to WVU while at Bowling Green to learn the system.

You Texans are like the Chinese. You want to rewrite history to make the origin of everything Texas.

https://www.fearthewing.com/dutch-meyer-tcu-spread/

No reason to argue with stupidity and Rich Rodriguez's lies.
According to WV fans he lies about everything else.

Anyway here is the first coach who invented the idea of the spread offense, TCU coach Dutch Meyer, this later spread to Southern California to a man called Cactus Jack. Jack Neumeier. Neumeier passed it along to Jack Elway, Bill Walsh and later Erickson and Lavell Edwards.

Little piece of info....

Texas and Oklahoma drive the car in the conference.
OU in 1999 hired Mike Leach. Leach brought a totally new offense to the Big XII.
The AirRaid spread took over the Big XII.
Even Texas and Greg Davis joined the change

This era is coming to an end.
Teams are going to have to adjust.
If Herman can't get Texas to get to that point someone will.

Truth is Todd Orlando and Texas' D is build to stop OU.

Plus Texas offensively puts their D in better positions to win.

Like I said if this is not the year the mentality of outscoring opponents ends it will be in the near future.
Last I looked, the point of the game is to outscore your opponent.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels

What if you are up 21-7.
You don't have the OL that controls the LOS or a team that can control TOP.
You end up allowing your opponent to get back in the game with one three and out.
Especially if you are extending the game by playing up tempo and not taking the play clock down to 5.

Wanting to outscore your opponent is only a small part of football.
Not when you have the lead.
WV blowing the lead wasn't taking the foot off the gas it was because they gave Texas Tech more chances than they should

These Texas fans are not the sharpest pencil in the box. Lose to a crappy Maryland team and barely beat Tulsa and K State and they have reinvented the game. Delusion at its finest.

I get that Texas has a MUCH bigger population than West Virginia & you have lots of oil. We realize West Virginia football will never be able to tap into something like that. But I can promise you there is just as much passion in this state, if not more, for West Virginia football as there is in Texas for the Longhorns. We just don't have the depth in numbers (population) or money.

So no we won't be paying attention to the Red River Rivalry. WVU has a game at noon & most of West Virginia will be watching that game. It doesn't matter that it's Kansas. Are we interested in the outcome of OU/Texas? Of course, because it impacts the league. But we'll watch the highlights later for an update.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
I get that Texas has a MUCH bigger population than West Virginia & you have lots of oil. We realize West Virginia football will never be able to tap into something like that. But I can promise you there is just as much passion in this state, if not more, for West Virginia football as there is in Texas for the Longhorns. We just don't have the depth in numbers (population) or money.

So no we won't be paying attention to the Red River Rivalry. WVU has a game at noon & most of West Virginia will be watching that game. It doesn't matter that it's Kansas. Are we interested in the outcome of OU/Texas? Of course, because it impacts the league. But we'll watch the highlights later for an update.

You actually think oil has anything to do with anything is entertaining.
The culture of football was already established before the Texas oil boom really began to bring in profits.
Oil didn't become the commodity it is today until the late 1930's and WW2.

Not many cars around in the early 1900's.

You actually think oil has anything to do with anything is entertaining.
The culture of football was already established before the Texas oil boom really began to bring in profits.
Oil didn't become the commodity it is today until the late 1930's and WW2.

Not many cars around in the early 1900's.

I was joking. We realize Texas is a big dog. But nobody likes it when that big dog constantly brags about himself. Especially when he hasn't bitten in a while.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
And I was always told there was nothin' in Texas but queers and steers? It sure seemed like it when I lived down there? More leather, whips and man purses than I ever saw! They called their purses "saddlebags" but I hadn't just fallen off the tater wagon. I knew a purse when I saw one, my Mom had one.

I understand Texas is going back to Mexico as part of this new NAFTA deal? Vaya con dios, mi amigos! Time to build that wall, pronto, before they start trying to sneak back in.

And I was always told there was nothin' in Texas but queers and steers? It sure seemed like it when I lived down there? More leather, whips and man purses than I ever saw! They called their purses "saddlebags" but I hadn't just fallen off the tater wagon. I knew a purse when I saw one, my Mom had one.

I understand Texas is going back to Mexico as part of this new NAFTA deal? Vaya con dios, mi amigos! Time to build that wall, pronto, before they start trying to sneak back in.

Texas would be happy to leave.
Texas, NM, Arizona, Colorado and California can create their own country.
Then when the rest of the US figures out half of the economy is gone then we can actually start to put people in charge who should be

Texas would be happy to leave.
Texas, NM, Arizona, Colorado and California can create their own country.
Then when the rest of the US figures out half of the economy is gone then we can actually start to put people in charge who should be

The half of the economy that takes but doesn't give... so bye.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT